Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by vs27 View Post
    I saw in the Wiki for the Boom that the headphone jack was also a sub-woofer output. Has anyone done this and what sub was used?
    Many people, many subs. Too many to summarize here. The forums' search engine isn't perfect, but it's a huge help for things like this. Search on "subwoofer" in the Boom forum and you get this: http://forums.slimdevices.com/search...archid=4274030

You may also want to search on "sub-woofer" or just "sub".

Quote Originally Posted by aubuti View Post
    Many people, many subs. Too many to summarize here. The forums' search engine isn't perfect, but it's a huge help for things like this. Search on "subwoofer" in the Boom forum and you get this: http://forums.slimdevices.com/search...archid=4274030

You may also want to search on "sub-woofer" or just "sub".
    It is indeed a sub-out (or even a pre out if you want to use it as a receiver), I've used it with an active logitech sub (from a Z4 2.1 setup), and it does help a bit...but one is rather urinating in a stiff breeze!

However if you really want to improve the sound IMHO, take the pre out to an amp and add some proper speakers
    Cheers Will

Quote Originally Posted by vs27 View Post
    I saw in the Wiki for the Boom that the headphone jack was also a sub-woofer output. Has anyone done this and what sub was used?
    Yeah - I use the Headphone/LINE OUT of the Boom to drive a sub permanently - in my case it's a cheap Creative computer sub, but it works in my kitchen.
    There's a wide variety of inexpensive subs that could be used..
    You want to see the signal path BEFORE it gets onto a CD/vinyl...it ain't what you'd call minimal...
    Touch(wired/W7)+Teddy Pardo PSU - Audiolense 3.3/2.0+INGUZ DRC - MF M1 DAC - Linn 5103 - full Aktiv 5.1 system (6x LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Pekin Tuner, Townsend Supertweeters,VdH Toslink,Kimber 8TC Speaker & Chord Signature Plus Interconnect cables
    Stax4070+SRM7/II phones
    Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio, Harmony One remote for everything.

I am also driving a sub (Polk Audio) from my Boom, and it makes quite a difference...

I wish I could also have line-in at the same time so I can hook up my iPod nano from time-to-time...but it's just a low "want"...
    SqueezeCenter Running on HP EX485 MediaSmart Server (WHS)
    - 2 SqueezeBox Controllers
    - 3 SqueezeBox Receiver
    - 5 SqueezeBox Booms

Quote Originally Posted by MikeekiM View Post
    I am also driving a sub (Polk Audio) from my Boom, and it makes quite a difference...

I wish I could also have line-in at the same time so I can hook up my iPod nano from time-to-time...but it's just a low "want"...
    Line In and Line Out are two separate inputs, they cannot be used at the same time?

No "Music Information Screen" in drop-down menu

n/a - sorry :-)
    Last edited by BlueCharge; 2012-03-11 at 06:08.

Squeezebox Boom FAQ

> Plug-in is properly installed.

How do you know? Anything particular in the server.log file?

--

Michael