Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 435 of 614 FirstFirst ... 335385425433434435436437445485535 ... LastLast
Results 4,341 to 4,350 of 6131
    Quote Originally Posted by pippin View Post
    Actually I don't really know why it doesn't work, I don't usually use iTunes integration so I have to get a test setup to try that out but it works OK for me with other playlists.
    Do you use the latest version of Logitech Media Server?

Actually "shuffle" is a player setting or player state and - like all states for a Squeezebox - is actually being set and managed on the server. iPeng, the Radio and also the server 's web interface are just different frontend to set this setting.
    And the "play shuffled" feature in iPeng is just a shortcut for "play playlist and then enable shuffle-by-track mode", which is what iPeng does. So I do find it a bit confusing that it works on the NowPlaying screen while it does not work using the "play shuffled" option, I thought this would be the same.
    What I think it _could_ be is that there might be a server-side issue in that the server does NOT reshuffle the playlist if shuffle mode is already set to on when the playlist gets played and that the command to enable shuffle mode is being executed first, but I am not sure about this.

It would really help me to know that server version.
    I'm running 7.7.2. I noticed that if I press and hold the "Play shuffled" area above the list of songs, and then tap Play
    in the pop-up menu, it does play the list shuffled. Odd, but it does the job.

Still can't get the playlist to shuffle when I start it using a preset button on the radio.

Thanks a bunch,

Carl

Quote Originally Posted by Ckeyes888 View Post
    I'm running 7.7.2. I noticed that if I press and hold the "Play shuffled" area above the list of songs, and then tap Play
    in the pop-up menu, it does play the list shuffled. Odd, but it does the job.
    That will only work if shuffle mode is already on. It plays the playlist without changing the shuffle mode (other than tapping a track which will turn shuffle mode explicitly OFF).

This is especially weird since it means that
    * Having shuffle mode already turned on and playing a playlist - list gets shuffled
    * Turning shuffle mode off and back on (using the NowPlaying controls) - list gets shuffled
    * Turning shuffle on and playing the playlist at the same time - list doesn't get shuffled.

Really weird. Maybe it's a problem with the CLI play command (the command in the context menu is server-provided and may be different) or.. I have no idea.

Two more questions:
    1. When you just use the normal "play shuffled" command (tapping it), is the shuffle mode then turned on on the NowPlaying screen?
    2. Do you have any playlists that do not come from iTunes (e.g. after saving the current playlist) and what happens if you use "play shuffled" with them?
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 8, the Universal App for iOS 7 and iOS 8

eMail to coolio att penguinlovesmusic dott com if it's not too big (not 100% sure which file sizes my mailbox accepts but it's at least 20MB). For larger files, services like dropbox usually work fine.
    I've sent one file via email. Let me know how you get on with it - thanks.
    2 x Duet, 2 x Radio, Touch & Receiver with iPeng 7 & SqueezePlayer served by HP N36 running FreeNAS/SlimNAS/LMS 7.8

"1. When you just use the normal "play shuffled" command (tapping it), is the shuffle mode then turned on on the NowPlaying screen?"

It does turn the shuffle icon on in the now playing screen. Actually, now that I'm checking the playlist in the now playing
    window it does change but always starts with the same song, which is the first song in the iTunes playlist.

"2. Do you have any playlists that do not come from iTunes (e.g. after saving the current playlist) and what happens if you use "play shuffled" with them?"

No, just iTunes playlists. What other kind would there be?

Also, do you know if by playing a playlist from a preset button if it should be shuffled? I've tried the shuffle
    settings, "Shuffle song and album" in the radio settings but that doesn't seem to do anything.

Really hard to imagine how this could be any more confusing. Not a very well thought out system.
    (referring to Logitech, not iPeng)

Many thanks,

Carl
    Last edited by Ckeyes888; 2012-04-11 at 08:40.

I was thinking it would be cool if iPeng supported music visualizations. I sometimes get tired of looking at the album cover, and it would make a great screensaver (or even the right side of the main iPad screen when nothing is selected). It seems like it should be doable now that you have playback. I realize it would be a lot of work, but perhaps you could offer the individual visualizations as in-app purchases (I also wonder if you use enough of the ios music stack that something like audiogasm could work with it).

Thanks for such a great project,

Mike

Audiogasm generally doesn't work with streams.

Vizualizers could be doable for local playback but probably not for controlling other players.

I believe there's a ticket for it?
    ---
    at penguinlovesmusic.com

Thanks, Pippin
    Audiogasm generally doesn't work with streams.

Vizualizers could be doable for local playback but probably not for controlling other players.

I believe there's a ticket for it?
    A ticket where? I'm mainly interested in it on the iphone/ipad using ipeng streaming to the iphone/ipad.

Thanks again,

Mike
    Last edited by mps; 2012-04-11 at 09:18.

iPeng 1.5/1.3 would probably be the right version
    https://trac.penguinlovesmusic.de/trac/ipengnat/

But I was more or less serious, I seem to remember there's already an old one for visualizers
    ---
    at penguinlovesmusic.com

iPeng 1.5/1.3 would probably be the right version
    https://trac.penguinlovesmusic.de/trac/ipengnat/

But I was more or less serious, I seem to remember there's already an old one for visualizers
    I've added a comment to ticket #207.

Thanks,

Mike

Pippin, Kudos on this brilliant app! It is elegant and intuitive. I could never get my wife to use our Squeezebox before iPeng because she was intimidated by the "confusing" controls...now I can't get her to turn the music off! And on top off all of that, you keep making it better with each release. I just wanted to say thanks for all of your effort!