Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 401 of 601 FirstFirst ... 301351391399400401402403411451501 ... LastLast
Results 4,001 to 4,010 of 6009
    Quote Originally Posted by pippin View Post
    That's an old beta, isn't it?

The 1.2.3 release, the 1.2.4 release and the 1.3 betas (which are actually the betas leading to 1.2.4, it's a bit confusing) have it.

Did you probably not connect to the TestFlight account for iPeng beta?
    just updated to 1.2.4 now I have hud and colio is in xmas mode .

Been away a week on work checked app store just now and it had the update.
    Last time I checked there was no iPeng update

never signed on to any beta afiak ? Just used the app store to get my updates ? So all iPeng version I have comes trough the app store ? How old was the 1.2.3 r3953 ?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
    Misc use: Radio (with battery)
    iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (in storage SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server HP proliant micro server N36L with ClearOS Linux

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Bigger artwork, more stuff is available right away (controls and content), you can see more stuff per page...
    The browser feature works better on the bigger screen if you use that to look for stuff to play on the internet.
    And iPhone doesn't have the Lyrics screen saver.

There are also a number of details that make using it more convenient on the iPad but I think really the main advantage is that you can get more than 4 or 5 items per page and that you always have direct access to the main menu.

Have a look at the screen shots on http://penguinlovesmusic.com
    I just downloaded the iPad application and agree that it is easier to use than the iPhone application. I would like to make a couple of comments:

1. Would it be possible to have word identifying the Current Playlist? Like words that say "Current Playlist". It took me a while to figure out how I could get to it.

2. I just tried deleting my entire current playlist and the iPeng application froze completely. I had to turn off the iPad and restart it to access iPeng again. I just realized that I had turned off Squeezebox server earlier, so maybe that was the reason.

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Mnyb View Post
    never signed on to any beta afiak ? Just used the app store to get my updates ? So all iPeng version I have comes trough the app store ? How old was the 1.2.3 r3953 ?
    OOPS. Only just realized that I don't drop the build numbers from the releases anymore... They are only supposed to be in betas, thta's what I thought you were running a beta.

But you were right, 1.2.3 didn't have it, only 1.2.4

Quote Originally Posted by nicoff View Post
    1. Would it be possible to have word identifying the Current Playlist? Like words that say "Current Playlist". It took me a while to figure out how I could get to it.
    Yes, that's a bit confusing. There will be a major redesign next year which will hopefully solve this better.
    2. I just tried deleting my entire current playlist and the iPeng application froze completely. I had to turn off the iPad and restart it to access iPeng again. I just realized that I had turned off Squeezebox server earlier, so maybe that was the reason.
    I'll investigate. In any way: you should not need to reboot the whole device, killing the App through the task bar should be enough.
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 7, the Universal App for iOS 7

If I have ipeng + player for ipod touch, is there a break for purchasing ipeng + player for ipad? I seem to remember something about this in the past, wasn't sure if it was still valid.

Thanks.

Err, well. The berak was that you got playback for $1 instead of $5 if you have both Apps.
    With Apps themselves there are no individual breaks you can give on the App Store.

Now unfortunately that doesn't help you since you already purchased the playback.

One thing: you have to keep in mind that iPeng for iPhone and iPeng for iPad are different Apps so you can't simply restore the playback in the iPad App and if you purchased it in the iPad App again you would be charged.

Don't do that!
    Instead, install iPng for iPhone also on the iPad, restore the playback in the iPhone App and it will then work in the iPad App as well.

It's all a bit complicated but it was the only way we found to get around the limitations of the App Store at the time when we introduced it.
    Today we could use Urban Airship or something to share the playback between the Apps but that would mean every existing customer would have to re-license it and we would have to invent yet another complicated process for this... Err, no...
    ---
    at penguinlovesmusic.com

Err, well. The berak was that you got playback for $1 instead of $5 if you have both Apps.
    With Apps themselves there are no individual breaks you can give on the App Store.

Now unfortunately that doesn't help you since you already purchased the playback.

One thing: you have to keep in mind that iPeng for iPhone and iPeng for iPad are different Apps so you can't simply restore the playback in the iPad App and if you purchased it in the iPad App again you would be charged.

Don't do that!
    Instead, install iPng for iPhone also on the iPad, restore the playback in the iPhone App and it will then work in the iPad App as well.

It's all a bit complicated but it was the only way we found to get around the limitations of the App Store at the time when we introduced it.
    Today we could use Urban Airship or something to share the playback between the Apps but that would mean every existing customer would have to re-license it and we would have to invent yet another complicated process for this... Err, no...
    Ah, ok. I think it's too late...I already bought the $10 app for my daughter's ipad, & then saw it's $5 extra for playback. So I'll just have to go ahead & spend the $5 for her to use it as a player, right?

Not a problem, this thing is a bargain for me for what it does...

No, please read my post again.
    You just have to also install the iPhone App on the iPad (it's free as long as you use the same iTunes account as for the original purchase) and restore playback in the iPhone App.
    As soon as you've done that it will work in the iPad App, too. For free.
    ---
    at penguinlovesmusic.com

Question MOG icon disappears...

Using the latest iPeng for iPad, I noticed that the MOG icon only appears ( in the lft side list) when I am on the Touch "page". It disappears when I select the Boom or the SB3 as the player. There I have to select my Apps first, then click on the MOG app.

I would attach a screenshot, but seems there is no way to do that from within the iPad, unless I can email it.
    Last edited by cvj; 2011-12-13 at 17:32.

Putting an App on the main menu is a MySB per-player setting. You can edit this on the MySqueezebox.com web page under "My Apps".
    ---
    at penguinlovesmusic.com

Is the Look up context menu item for albums and tracks supposed to work also in CustomBrowse menus? I updated to LMS 7.1.1 and that item is not there in CB menus. I seem to remember that it was in 7.6.2.
    2 x SB3 (wired), Receiver (wired), Boom (wireless), Controller, iPeng on iPhone 4 & iPad, muso on remote computer running Win 7 64-bit | 7.7.3 on Win XP