Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 347 of 611 FirstFirst ... 247297337345346347348349357397447 ... LastLast
Results 3,461 to 3,470 of 6108
    Does ipeng work with all versions of squeezebox server? The reason I ask...after the 7.6 debacle, I need to go back to en earlier version, & I seem to remember one of the 7.4's being the most stable (I never could get my music scanned properly with the 7.5's).

I'm using ipeng as player, & am on intel mac, if that makes any difference.

Thanks.

It should work from 7.3 on but not all features will be available before 7.4.
    Actually it should work best with 7.6. What exactly are your problems, I find the 7.6.1 to be quite stable right now, actually more stable than anything since 7.3.

As of my experience, 7.4 was the worst of the Squeezebox Server generations from a quality point of view, there might be errors with iPEng, I don't test against 7.4 anymore.
    If you need to go back from7.6 I'd use 7.5.6 or 7.5.3, 7.5.4 was problematic and I never really did in-depth testing of 7.5.5, it was out for too short a time.
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 8, the Universal App for iOS 7 and iOS 8

Quote Originally Posted by pippin View Post
    It should work from 7.3 on but not all features will be available before 7.4.
    Actually it should work best with 7.6. What exactly are your problems, I find the 7.6.1 to be quite stable right now, actually more stable than anything since 7.3.

As of my experience, 7.4 was the worst of the Squeezebox Server generations from a quality point of view, there might be errors with iPEng, I don't test against 7.4 anymore.
    If you need to go back from7.6 I'd use 7.5.6 or 7.5.3, 7.5.4 was problematic and I never really did in-depth testing of 7.5.5, it was out for too short a time.
    Well, my problem for some time has been squeezebox server not being able to scan my files properly, so I switched to 7.6 thinking it might work (I've been using the folder system). But my remaining hard drive space was diminishing rapidly as it scanned, so I had to abort. 7.6.1 did the same thing. I have a Duet, & seem to remember 7.4 as being the last version where the headphone jack on the controller would work, but now I have ipeng as player, I guess that's not an issue.
    I actually did switch back to 7.5, I think that's where I was when I switched to 7.6, seems to be working ok. But I wish I could get this scan problem sorted out.

Thanks for the reply.

Unhappy Problems with new Mac Mini and osx Lion

I just bought a new MacMini to use as a music server for my SBT. It doesn't work as I would like, especially iPeng on my iPad doesn't connect to the server anymore so I can't use it as a remote for the SBT. I always get an error note like: "cannot connect to server". Any help is appreciated...

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnenwender View Post
    I just bought a new MacMini to use as a music server for my SBT. It doesn't work as I would like, especially iPeng on my iPad doesn't connect to the server anymore so I can't use it as a remote for the SBT. I always get an error note like: "cannot connect to server". Any help is appreciated...
    Could ylou send me a diagnostics e-mail from within iPeng? Just tap the mail link in "Help" to get there.
    ---
    at penguinlovesmusic.com

Problems with Lion

Could ylou send me a diagnostics e-mail from within iPeng? Just tap the mail link in "Help" to get there.
    Done

Shouldn't it be possible to change track by clicking on a track in the full screen view of the current playlist in iPeng for iPad ?

It works in the drop down version of current playlist shown in the main iPeng for iPad screen but when I do the same in the full screen current playlist nothing happens, the track background just blinks once.
    Erland Isaksson (My homepage)
    (Developer of many plugins/applets (both free and commercial).
    If you like to encourage future presence on this forum and/or third party plugin/applet development, consider purchasing some plugins)

Interested in the future of music streaming ? ickStream - A world of music at your fingertips.

Quote Originally Posted by erland View Post
    Shouldn't it be possible to change track by clicking on a track in the full screen view of the current playlist in iPeng for iPad ?

It works in the drop down version of current playlist shown in the main iPeng for iPad screen but when I do the same in the full screen current playlist nothing happens, the track background just blinks once.
    That's double-clicking.
    Single-tap caused too many accidental activations.
    ---
    at penguinlovesmusic.com

That's double-clicking.
    Single-tap caused too many accidental activations.
    Yet another reason I enjoy this community. This solves a minor mystery for me. I always wondered why I couldn't change tracks from that screen, but had only been using the single touch. Thanks, Pippin....still loving iPeng for iPad!
    Rg

System information
    ------------------------
    Main: Vortexbox > Benchmark DAC2 D > LFD LE IV Signature amp > Revel Performa R208 speakers.

Home Theatre: Touch (Wired) > Pioneer VSX 919 > Energy Take 5 Classic 5.1, Touch FW 7.8.0-r16754.

LMS 7.9.0 - 1412783275 on a 1TB Vortexbox Appliance, V 2.3, USB out via Squeezlite.

I have been using ipeng for a while and am trying to find out where I can sort albums by Artist and not Album name... I know this is probably a real easy one but I have gone to settings - ipeng settings and turned off sort albums by name is there an option elsewhere as well as my Squeezebox touches appear to sort albums by artist.