Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 339 of 611 FirstFirst ... 239289329337338339340341349389439 ... LastLast
Results 3,381 to 3,390 of 6108
    Quote Originally Posted by JezA View Post
    I meant that iPeng could look for folder.jpg in each folder - either it is there or it isn't. I didn't mean that iPeng should look for artwork inside each track. Already folder.jpg is used as an alternative way of providing artork for an album (quite common for UPnP servers) - I am just suggesting it's use be extended to higher level folders.
    iPeng doesn't have access to your file system, after all that's on a different machine, so it can't look for folder.jpg's. Only the server can do that and the server puts that into the information for each track in this case, not for the folder.
    So what iPeng would have to do is:
    - get the list of tracks for a folder
    - get track info for each track in a folder until it finds a cover.
    - show that cover for the folder.
    This is sloooow.

Quote Originally Posted by signor_rossi View Post
    Not sure if this is iPengs fault and the place is right, but currently iPeng can't start the Youtube player on my iPhone through the Youtube plugin. The other functionality works, iPeng just doesn't launch the player when I select 'Play', iPeng stays active and working, I only have a blank page. I do use a nightly 7.6 build of sbs, though.
    Have you tried it through the web interface. Still works fine for me but there are cases where it crashes/hangs (the plugin) in which case you have to restart the server.
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 8, the Universal App for iOS 7 and iOS 8

Quote Originally Posted by pippin View Post
    Have you tried it through the web interface. Still works fine for me but there are cases where it crashes/hangs (the plugin) in which case you have to restart the server.
    It works fine through the web interface (I mean that a new browser window opens and I am on the youtube video page) and I have tried it on iPeng through various server restarts and even sbs versions, also between various iOS versions, there it doesn't work.
    BTW, I found an use case where it may be preferable to be able to play a youtube video before actually playing the sound of it through sbs (I suggested this before ), it is when you use the playback function on iPeng! Why not play the complete video right away instead of going through the cumbersome process to first start the audio through sbs and then to have to choose to play the video through the youtube player?

Quote Originally Posted by signor_rossi View Post
    It works fine through the web interface (I mean that a new browser window opens and I am on the youtube video page) and I have tried it on iPeng through various server restarts and even sbs versions, also between various iOS versions, there it doesn't work.
    Ah. You mean using the YouTube link in the context menu to open the player?
    No, that does indeed not work anymore, the plugin would have to use the "weblink" tag which it doesn't.
    I don't have any other way to work around that. The problem is that iPeng detects the playable link and processes it. And I can't tell that this is a YouTube context menu meant to show a player link (it just looks like any other context menu content).
    BTW, I found an use case where it may be preferable to be able to play a youtube video before actually playing the sound of it through sbs (I suggested this before ), it is when you use the playback function on iPeng! Why not play the complete video right away instead of going through the cumbersome process to first start the audio through sbs and then to have to choose to play the video through the youtube player?
    Err.. iPeng is a remote control for Squeezebox Players.
    I mean: If what you want to do is play a video with audio on the iPhone, there's a nice YouTube App that comes with the iPhone, why not just use that???
    ---
    at penguinlovesmusic.com

-- ok pippin, now i understand. Thanks.

Pippin, this has been going on for some time. I use ipeng with multiple Squeezebox players. There are times when ipeng loses some of it's functionality... For instance, the "my apps" listing is not there, the "settings" choices become minimal etc. The only way I can regain all the functionality is to highlight another player for an instant and then rehighlight the player that I am using. Only then are all the functions restored. I am sorry I cannot explain this more clearly but it is slightly annoying. Do you have any suggestions? My general wifi connection for my Squeezboxes is very stable ie, only an ipeng issue. Thank you and I definitely appreciate the ipeng remote.
    Ikabob

Squeezebox Touch w/LMS V7.7.3; Benchmark DAC1 USB;Marantz Pre-amp; SAE Amplifier;ESS Heil Speakers(main listening speakers plus various additional speakers).
    Multiple players: SqueezeBooms,SqueezeRadios; SB3;
    Services:Slacker;Sky.com;Rhapsody;
    Sirius.com;CalmRadio
    Ipeng remote controller.

It's the server. I'm seeing it, too, it got introduced with 7.5.4, I believe not all the bugs brought in with long polling are fixed.
    Please file a bug.

The problem simply is that (menu) status updates are not being sent for a player. The way to restart that is to re-subscribe to the player.
    Problem is the only way to detect this would be to wait a minute meaning it would take a full minute until you get your menu, nobody is that patient
    ---
    at penguinlovesmusic.com

Ah. You mean using the YouTube link in the context menu to open the player?
    Yes exactly. Everything else works. And since it can't be helped atm, case closed.

I upgraded to the latest version of iPeng and now it seems that I lost the regular "share on facebook" functionality from Logitech. Is this coincidence?

It is not available in the track info menu anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Freddy View Post
    I upgraded to the latest version of iPeng and now it seems that I lost the regular "share on facebook" functionality from Logitech. Is this coincidence?

It is not available in the track info menu anymore.
    No, I'm still seeing it.
    ---
    at penguinlovesmusic.com

No, I'm still seeing it.
    Funny, I can see the option on my SB Radio but not in iPeng.
    Well well, I┤ll reboot the SBS and restart iPeng and see what happens.

Thank you for a quick reply and have a nice weekend.