Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 305 of 614 FirstFirst ... 205255295303304305306307315355405 ... LastLast
Results 3,041 to 3,050 of 6140
    Quote Originally Posted by Shahab View Post
    Connected easily but, I don't see the 'seek' bar where you can seek forward or backward in a song. There are two bars one at the top and one at the bottom but both control volume.
    Tap the now playing screen, and another seek bar will appear.

Thank you Sam,

I think I tried that, tapped, punched, twisted but I will give it a shot tonight again. I am seriously hoping that it solves the issue. Thank you once again!

Regards,

Shahab.

Thank you Sam,

I think I tried that, tapped, punched, twisted but I will give it a shot tonight again. I am seriously hoping that it solves the issue. Thank you once again!

Regards,

Shahab.
    It's there, man! Good luck!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Talking

SamS,

You RULE! It showed up! 400 Thank yous!

Shahab.

SamS,

You RULE! It showed up! 400 Thank yous!

Shahab.
    Glad to hear!

iPeng is great... especially the in-app purchase player feature. My only gripe is that I cannot get decent sound quality from it streaming over 3G. I understand the app is limited to 128kpbs from Apple, but that bit-rate should not introduce as many artifacts that I'm hearing. What I hear over 3G sounds more like 64kpbs.

I have tried adjusting the bit-rate limiting all the way to 320kpbs in SBS, and moving the LAME decoding priority to ~4. My SBS is run on a low-CPU-power Sheeveplug, not sure if that is the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by SamS View Post
    iPeng is great... especially the in-app purchase player feature. My only gripe is that I cannot get decent sound quality from it streaming over 3G. I understand the app is limited to 128kpbs from Apple, but that bit-rate should not introduce as many artifacts that I'm hearing. What I hear over 3G sounds more like 64kpbs.

I have tried adjusting the bit-rate limiting all the way to 320kpbs in SBS, and moving the LAME decoding priority to ~4. My SBS is run on a low-CPU-power Sheeveplug, not sure if that is the problem.
    It may be the reason.
    Adjusting the bitrate limiting manually won't help, iPeng sets that to 128kbps itself (OK, it would help if you changed it after starting the playback because iPeng only sets the limit when playback starts...)
    The lame quality _should_ have an effect though. I would also try to find out whether it's maybe not the ENCODING that's causing the problem on the SheevaPlug but the DECODING. You can find out by locally connectiong and setting native mp3 playback to "disabled" in "Settings->Advanced->File Formats" on the server. In that case the server will decode the mp3 files and send FLAC to the player instead. If this causes trouble it's the decoder and I would try to find out what the SheevaPlug uses to decode mp3 and whether it can be tweaked.
    Generally, transcoding from one lossy format/bitrate to another one is about the worst thing you can do.

I'll try to add a few more options around that in an upcoming version but don't know whether it will sneak past Apple. A lot of things do: just got an advertising proposal by a big German computer magazine who's asking to do doing stuff Apple tells me is explicitly prohibited. And they've been doing it for at least several issues now.
    But sometimes they start to complain at the second or so release as was the case with the original "iPeng for iPad" name. It was accepted for the first release and rejected for the second one so I had to change it to iPeng HD.
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 8, the Universal App for iOS 7 and iOS 8

Thanks pippin. I'll play with it some more. All my files are FLAC, so I'm just going from FLAC->MP3. Although I do realize that is a pretty CPU intensive task.

Then it's not the decoder.
    FLAC decoding is integer-only, that will not be a problem.
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 8, the Universal App for iOS 7 and iOS 8

Quote Originally Posted by pippin View Post
    Then it's not the decoder.
    FLAC decoding is integer-only, that will not be a problem.
    pippin, I confirmed I'm using shineenc instead of LAME for the iPeng player feature. The problem is that none of the Audio settings in SBS appear to have any effect on the iPeng/iPhone player feature. It appears 128kpbs comes back as the default every time (I'm fine with that), but the settings for LAME quality have no effect.

I'm actually thinking this may not be your issue at all, since I'm not using LAME. I just figure you may know more about the interaction between this SBS screen and your player app.

Hi,

I had to reinstall Windows 7 64 bit on my PC yesterday and have since re-installed the Squeezebox server and iPeng plug-in for the iPhone.

I have today been using iPeng and found that when I change a song from one artist to another, the song changes but the previous songs artwork and song list (swipe left on play screen) stays on the iPhone and does not update.

I have shutdown and re-booted iPeng, the Squeezebox server and my iPhone 4 several times but the problem still persists. Re-booting the router also did not correct it.

I've never had this problem before and would appreciate some advice on how it could be fixed.

Additionally, the iPeng software seems a lot more unresponsive compared to previously (prior to re-installing Windows).

Thank you.
    Last edited by technojunkie; 2011-04-06 at 09:42.