Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 717 FirstFirst 123451353103503 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by atlslim View Post
    You need to be subscribed to XM Radio Online service for the plugin to work.

There is a free trial available here:
    http://xmro.xmradio.com/xstream/api/show_trial_form.jsp

Not sure if that is a 'crippled' version

The 7.0 plugin is available in this thread:
    http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=42520

Great work w/ iPeng; like another post mentioned it is the primary reason I own an iPod Touch!!
    OK, I had a look at it.
    It seems the main issue is, that the XM plugin's "EN" skin implementation does not work. You can confirm that by loading "<yourserver>:9000/EN" and browsing to XM Radio...
    Now the "EN" skin is supposed to be the base skin that provides the functionality for all other skins if there is not a specific implementation for that skin, so since the base does not work, iPeng doesn't either.

My way around would be: since the "Classic" skin works, I used the XM plugin's code for that one and did a few adaptations to make it look better on iPeng.

XM doesn't work very well with me (no sound, even though I can browse the service), so it would be nice if you could try this. If it works, I will either include it in the next iPeng version or ask the plugin's author to include it with the plugin.

I'll attach a file. This contains a folder called iPeng which is NOT a replacement for iPeng!!!!!!!!
    Instead, unzip it and move that folder (and it's contents) into the skin section of the XM-SKIN (that is ".../Plugins/XMRadio/HTML"), there should already be folders for other skins ("EN", "Default",...))

Please give some feedback. Hope it works.
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch

Quoted:

[QUOTE=atz6975;339928]1)Download above linked file
    2)Open Frontview (Readynas web admin)
    3) Choose System-Update-Local and select file from step 1)
    4) Go to services-streaming services-uncheck Slimserver and press apply
    5) Go to services-streaming services-check Slimserver and press apply
    4) Regular squeezecenter/ipeng is now up and running

atz6975,

Sorry, I don't understand how/why the iPeng is included in the slimserver by simply uncheck/check the Slimserver service.

Can you please be more specific, thanks.

Bryan
    Regards,
    Bryan
    SB Touch+Antelope Eclipse 384+10M

please ignore my previous post, I just found out ReadyNAS has incorporated iPeng into their plug-in pack, see this link:-

http://www.readynas.com/forum/viewto...20945&start=15

Bryan
    Regards,
    Bryan

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Jan View Post
    Quoted:

Sorry, I don't understand how/why the iPeng is included in the slimserver by simply uncheck/check the Slimserver service.

Can you please be more specific, thanks.
    Just in case:

The important part, of course, is to download and install the iPeng package first (steps 1 and 3)
    Unchecking and checking the service had an "apply" in between. I assume that's to restart the server.
    ---
    at penguinlovesmusic.com

you missed my point. Under ReadyNAS environment, you just can't simply put iPeng in the plugin directory as we cannot access the hidden file system. And that is why I asked how to install the iPeng in the first place.

just see my another mail, ReadyNAS has grouped the most popular plug-ins into a package that can be directly installed into the NAS through their interface.

Consider problem solved, thanks.

Bryan
    Regards,
    Bryan

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Jan View Post
    you missed my point. Under ReadyNAS environment, you just can't simply put iPeng in the plugin directory as we cannot access the hidden file system. And that is why I asked how to install the iPeng in the first place.

just see my another mail, ReadyNAS has grouped the most popular plug-ins into a package that can be directly installed into the NAS through their interface.

Consider problem solved, thanks.

Bryan
    Yes, I know. But the link provided by atz6975 was also leading to a ReadyNAS installation package, not the iPeng distribution :-)
    ---
    at penguinlovesmusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by pippin View Post
    I'll attach a file. This contains a folder called iPeng which is NOT a replacement for iPeng!!!!!!!!
    Instead, unzip it and move that folder (and it's contents) into the skin section of the XM-SKIN (that is ".../Plugins/XMRadio/HTML"), there should already be folders for other skins ("EN", "Default",...))

Please give some feedback. Hope it works.
    pippin - excellent work on the 'XM Skin' for iPeng!

Everything works for me but I did notice a delay of approx. 60 seconds when I select 'XM Radio Online' from the 'Internet Radio' menu. Once in the XM menus, selections are prompt but I do get the same delay when going back to the main XM page on occasion?

Thanks again!

pippin - excellent work on the 'XM Skin' for iPeng!

Everything works for me but I did notice a delay of approx. 60 seconds when I select 'XM Radio Online' from the 'Internet Radio' menu. Once in the XM menus, selections are prompt but I do get the same delay when going back to the main XM page on occasion?

Thanks again!
    Does it show a progress bar for the URL? This was a quick hack so I'm not completely convinced everything works well.

You could try again by DELETING the stuff above and adding the following to Plugins/iPeng/HTML/iPeng/plugins
    (that's a different directory from the last one).

If that also has the delay: could that have something to do with logging in to XM?
    It also has some added functionality in that it enables the "back" button and shows the correct title in the title bar.
    I will include that in the next iPeng release and that will also come with a toolbar shortcut for XM.

Logging in and browsing works fine for me, but I cannot test playback since obviously XM is not streaming to Germany (it doesn't work with the other skins as well). Now playing shows the track title and XM logo and everything but the SB remains silent.
    ---
    at penguinlovesmusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by pippin View Post
    Does it show a progress bar for the URL? This was a quick hack so I'm not completely convinced everything works well.

You could try again by DELETING the stuff above and adding the following to Plugins/iPeng/HTML/iPeng/plugins
    (that's a different directory from the last one).
    Yes; the progress bar is there and fills to about the 'http://' mark, then stops until the page ultimately loads. I'll try the new files later to see if that speeds things up.

One question - is there a way to make a page 'auto-refresh'? I would like to see my 'presets' update automagically.

Yes; the progress bar is there and fills to about the 'http://' mark, then stops until the page ultimately loads. I'll try the new files later to see if that speeds things up.

One question - is there a way to make a page 'auto-refresh'? I would like to see my 'presets' update automagically.
    Is that what happens on the other skins? There was some JavaScript I didn't understand the use of and that I disabled. I can look into that...
    ---
    at penguinlovesmusic.com