Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 717 FirstFirst 12341252102502 ... LastLast
    thanks Pippin,

yes I did look around in ReadyNas site too. There is none mentioned how to install iPeng into it. However, there are threads describing how to install other plugins into it, guess it will be more or less the same.

if I can install iPeng successfully by following that I will report back here so that other use can follow.

Bryan
    Regards,
    Bryan
    SB Touch+Antelope Eclipse 384+10M

Thanks. Interesting.
    Will add that link to my page.

Does anybody have a short note about how you install that on ReadyNAS? I don't know that system at all.
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch

1)Download above linked file
    2)Open Frontview (Readynas web admin)
    3) Choose System-Update-Local and select file from step 1)
    4) Go to services-streaming services-uncheck Slimserver and press apply
    5) Go to services-streaming services-check Slimserver and press apply
    4) Regular squeezecenter/ipeng is now up and running

Ipeng rocks!!!

BTW: I think that drag'n'drop of the last track of a longer than one page playlist is somehow tricky. I usually move the penultimate down first.

Quote Originally Posted by atz6975 View Post
    1)Download above linked file
    2)Open Frontview (Readynas web admin)
    3) Choose System-Update-Local and select file from step 1)
    4) Go to services-streaming services-uncheck Slimserver and press apply
    5) Go to services-streaming services-check Slimserver and press apply
    4) Regular squeezecenter/ipeng is now up and running

Ipeng rocks!!!

BTW: I think that drag'n'drop of the last track of a longer than one page playlist is somehow tricky. I usually move the penultimate down first.
    Thanks a lot. I'll check on the D'n'D issue.
    ---
    at penguinlovesmusic.com

A huge thank you! and a question

I just got my new Ipod Touch (2g), never thought I'd finally get an Ipod.

I immediatly installed ipeng 0.52. It installed flawlessly.

I dont know what to say, this is the single best plugin ive seen in the 2 years ive had my Squeezebox! Thank you!

I have 3 questions.....

1) The local playback is awesome! I am really hoping for remote playback someday. To be able to access my home collection from work, travel etc by accessing the ip of my squeeze center.

Any thoughts on if this is a possibility in the future? Have i missed any discussion of this? I would love to know.

2) I notice my XM radio plug in is not working with ipeng. It logs me in, but it dosent show the stations or presets. All I see is a path of Home/XM Radio Online/

Just thought I'd Mention it.

3) Now all I need someone to create is a way to turn on my PC upstairs when I want to start the squeeze box. My old pc had some wake on LAN setting, which was cool. Now so for the new pc. Hope fully I can figure out a solution.

Thanks Again!

J

Quote Originally Posted by jmanings View Post
    1) The local playback is awesome! I am really hoping for remote playback someday. To be able to access my home collection from work, travel etc by accessing the ip of my squeeze center.

Any thoughts on if this is a possibility in the future? Have i missed any discussion of this? I would love to know.
    No, it's a possibility today.
    Hence with the usual tradeoff between comfort and security
    Precondition is that you have your PC accessible from the outside, to do that you might need a dynamic DNS account, e.g. from dyndns.org. A lot of routers support that out of the box so that you will not need a software on your PC.

Then there are three alternatives:

1) open port 9000 on your router and connect it to your PC. Make sure to enable password protection in Squeezecenter. Now you can access SC through <youraddress>:9000/iPeng.
    To be a little bit more secure you can redirect the port to something else.
    You will need iPhone/iTouch firmware 2.1 for this.

2) Jailbreak your iPod and install OpenSSL (No, I didn't recommend that :-))
    Install OpenSSH on your PC and open a tunnel from your iPod, this way you can redirect SC's port to e.g. localhost. Pretty secure but a bit tedious if you don't have experience with OpenSSH
    Note that this will NOT work with the "official" SSH clients on the iPod since "official" 3rd party apps can not run background processes.

3) My preferred solution: Create a VPN (virtual private network). The big advantage is that the iPod supports this "out of the box". There are three protocols available, I only know two:
    a) PPTP is a Microsoft protocol and said to be not very secure. But sine it's MS I assume there should be Windows solutions for this.
    b) IPSec. Secure IP. Tedious protocol but very secure and a lot of implementations available.

2) I notice my XM radio plug in is not working with ipeng. It logs me in, but it dosent show the stations or presets. All I see is a path of Home/XM Radio Online/

Just thought I'd Mention it.
    Is there any way I can test this here? Do I need hard- and software to run XM plugin? No sats here in Europe...

3) Now all I need someone to create is a way to turn on my PC upstairs when I want to start the squeeze box. My old pc had some wake on LAN setting, which was cool. Now so for the new pc. Hope fully I can figure out a solution.
    I use a low power device and leave it on all the time. Needed for remote access anyway.
    ---
    at penguinlovesmusic.com

XM Radio and iPeng

Quote Originally Posted by pippin View Post
    Is there any way I can test this here? Do I need hard- and software to run XM plugin? No sats here in Europe...
    You need to be subscribed to XM Radio Online service for the plugin to work.

There is a free trial available here:
    http://xmro.xmradio.com/xstream/api/show_trial_form.jsp

Not sure if that is a 'crippled' version

The 7.0 plugin is available in this thread:
    http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=42520

Great work w/ iPeng; like another post mentioned it is the primary reason I own an iPod Touch!!

Sirius Streams

I love iPeng, but am I am having trouble with Sirius streams to the iPhone. I get the metadata but the Sirius stream itself never plays on the iPhone. Is this supported? Everything else seems to stream just fine. I have an iMac, iPhone 3G with 2.1 software and the latest version of SC. TIA

Quote Originally Posted by rdb001 View Post
    I love iPeng, but am I am having trouble with Sirius streams to the iPhone. I get the metadata but the Sirius stream itself never plays on the iPhone. Is this supported? Everything else seems to stream just fine. I have an iMac, iPhone 3G with 2.1 software and the latest version of SC. TIA
    You mean you want to listen to the stream on iPhone?
    If it's really a stream (vs. files), that doesn't work. iPhone does not support streaming (without 3rd party apps). Sorry.

Or does CNTROLLING sirius not work, as for the XM plugin?
    ---
    at penguinlovesmusic.com