Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 102 of 618 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202602 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 6171
  1. #1011
    pippin
    Senior Member

    Join Date: Oct 2007
    Location: Berlin
    Posts: 3,613


    Do you see your player in the server's web interface?
    Are you actually connected to your server? Or does it show up under "Music Sources" which means you have to select it.
    If it's the latter and you are seeing this more often, please try enabling "Settings->iPeng Settings->Forget Last Server".

    Could you follow up here?
    http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...51929&page=101
    __________________

    Hi Pippin,

    Thanks for following up.

    To answer your questions:

    Yes, I can see my player through the web interface. I have assigned each device on my network a static IP.

    In iPeng, the only thing showing under Music Source is MySqueezebox.com .

    Thanks again.
    Squeezebox v3 (firmware 130), SBS 7.6, Buffalo LS-CH1.0TL, ipeng 1.2

    last.fm

    .:.

  2. #1012
    Senior Member vagskal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    643
    Quote Originally Posted by pippin View Post
    Well...

    The basic idea is that the Song Info menu opens a normal browse tree. There are Squeezebox users who do almost all of their browsing through that feature so I decided I want the normal main menu to be shown.

    So you will not be able to move the screen as on other NowPlaying pages, think of it as leaving the NowPlaying context. You also see the penguin on the top right.

    Swiping right should do a "back" operation similar to pressing the top-left button.

    Holding an item should open a context menu but at least in 7.4 a lot of the context menus you get here are broken, resulting in the same one being loaded again. That said: most context menus are NOT supposed to have direct context menus so in this case the correct behavior would be to do nothing at all.
    Thank you for the explanations.

    Apart from wanting to control the player while browsing info on the currently playing song I guess what confused me was that the only other pop up (context?) info screen in the three now playing screens - the player info screen - behaves entirely different. A wipe right on the player info screen will not take me back to the originating multi player screen as I had expected but sends me to the current playlist screen. And the player info screen has player controls, which can be hidden using the top right icon (btw. I thought, based on the icon, that that action would let me rearrange the items on the screen. The status of that icon (the ability to move things around) is preserved if you go back to the multi player screen but not if you wipe right to the current playlist screen.). Oh well, I guess I will learn. I have only used the new version for a day.
    2 x SB3 (wired), Receiver (wired), Boom (wireless), Controller, iPeng on iPhone 4 & iPad, muso on remote computer running Win 7 64-bit | 7.7.3 on Win XP

  3. #1013
    Senior Member pippin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Berlin
    Posts
    11,927
    Quote Originally Posted by .:.impossible View Post
    Yes, I can see my player through the web interface. I have assigned each device on my network a static IP.

    In iPeng, the only thing showing under Music Source is MySqueezebox.com .
    Did it work before?
    Do you use a username/password for your server (although that works fine for me)?
    Could you try "Settings->iPeng Settings->Forget Last Server"?
    Could you also try to uninstall and re-install iPeng?
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 8, the Universal App for iOS 7 and iOS 8

  4. #1014
    Senior Member pippin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Berlin
    Posts
    11,927
    Quote Originally Posted by vagskal View Post
    Apart from wanting to control the player while browsing info on the currently playing song I guess what confused me was that the only other pop up (context?) info screen in the three now playing screens - the player info screen - behaves entirely different. A wipe right on the player info screen will not take me back to the originating multi player screen as I had expected but sends me to the current playlist screen.
    That's because that's supposed to be a part of the player information/status while starting to browse through TrackInfo takes you back to your Library/Internet Sources. The idea is: NowPlaying shows everything around Player/Server status, the Main menu shows content. By this logic, the TrackInfo takes you out of NowPlaying while the player info does not.
    Playier info has an inverted background to show that difference.
    Although I agree it's not perfectly stringent since some plugins that contain player related stuff might still show up under Settings/Extras while the Player Info can indeed sometimes contain sources.
    That swiping left takes you to a different screen from player context is something I can't avoid, the playlist shows up because of the wraparound. It does pop the player context menu stack, though, so if you go back to the players screen it will indeed show players.
    And the player info screen has player controls, which can be hidden using the top right icon (btw. I thought, based on the icon, that that action would let me rearrange the items on the screen.
    Yes, that's the idea. But it only applies to the players screen itself. I wanted to remove it if you open the context menu but found it useful to be able to remove the controls to free up some space. Please file a ticket if you find this confusing.
    [quote]
    The status of that icon (the ability to move things around) is preserved if you go back to the multi player screen but not if you wipe right to the current playlist screen.
    Yes. As soon as you leave one of the screens the edit mode status switches back to "normal". As I said above: the button is only supposed to apply to the base screen. Think of the context menu as a stack on top of the "original" screen, in case of the player context, it stacks on the players screen only (because it's player specific stuff) in case of the TrackInfo screen it stacks on top of the whole NowPlaying screen because it takes you back to the Library.
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 8, the Universal App for iOS 7 and iOS 8

  5. #1015
    Senior Member vagskal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    643
    Quote Originally Posted by pippin View Post
    The status of that icon (the ability to move things around) is preserved if you go back to the multi player screen but not if you wipe right to the current playlist screen.

    Yes. As soon as you leave one of the screens the edit mode status switches back to "normal". As I said above: the button is only supposed to apply to the base screen.


    Thanks again for the explanations. As expected, you have thought it all through.

    I do not get the behaviour you are describing in the quote while switching between the multi player and player info screens.

    1. Go to multi player screen and do NOT click the top right ("Edit") icon.
    2. Touch and hold on a player to bring up the player info screen. Click in the player info screen once on the top right ("Edit") icon. Then click on the top left ("Back") icon.
    3. The multi player screen is in "Edit" mode.

    The status of the Edit icon in the player info screen is carried over to the multi player screen (but not the current playlist screen). The status of the Edit icon in the multi player screen is also carried over to the player info screen (i.e. if Edit mode is on in the multi player screen while switching to player info screen the same mode is applied to the player info screen, i.e. do not show player controls).
    2 x SB3 (wired), Receiver (wired), Boom (wireless), Controller, iPeng on iPhone 4 & iPad, muso on remote computer running Win 7 64-bit | 7.7.3 on Win XP

  6. #1016
    Senior Member pippin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Berlin
    Posts
    11,927
    Quote Originally Posted by vagskal View Post
    The status of the Edit icon in the player info screen is carried over to the multi player screen (but not the current playlist screen).
    That's what I meant. The context menu is the same "page" (as indicated by the dots, btw), the playlist is not.
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 8, the Universal App for iOS 7 and iOS 8

  7. #1017
    Senior Member vagskal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    643
    Quote Originally Posted by pippin View Post
    That's what I meant. The context menu is the same "page" (as indicated by the dots, btw), the playlist is not.
    Aha, I see the logic now and can quote myself again:

    Quote Originally Posted by vagskal View Post
    Thanks again for the explanations. As expected, you have thought it all through.
    Quote Originally Posted by pippin View Post
    Yes, that's the idea. But it only applies to the players screen itself. I wanted to remove it if you open the context menu but found it useful to be able to remove the controls to free up some space. Please file a ticket if you find this confusing.
    No need for a ticket for this. But since I did not find any bugs in the free v. 1.2 upgrade I am considering filing a ticket for an urgent feature request regarding a donate feature on the iPeng web site so that you can be rightfully awarded for all your work and patience with the constant updates and support/discussions with users .
    2 x SB3 (wired), Receiver (wired), Boom (wireless), Controller, iPeng on iPhone 4 & iPad, muso on remote computer running Win 7 64-bit | 7.7.3 on Win XP

  8. #1018
    Senior Member pippin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Berlin
    Posts
    11,927
    Quote Originally Posted by vagskal View Post
    I am considering filing a ticket for an urgent feature request regarding a donate feature on the iPeng web site so that you can be rightfully awarded for all your work and patience with the constant updates and support/discussions with users .
    Now if enough people vote for that one it will be _extremely_ easy to implement since it's still there from the old web skin plugin times, it's just disabled

    This is an interesting topic, btw.
    To make one thing clear, upfront. My policy hasn't changed: I have no plans to find ways to charge for updates, however, I don't promise this for eternity (you never know).
    So here's what I wanted to link:
    http://iphonedevelopment.blogspot.co...tweetie-2.html
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 8, the Universal App for iOS 7 and iOS 8

  9. #1019
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    159

    iPeng 1.2 not working with SC 7.4

    Hi there

    I've just installed 7.4 and all is working on the PC UI and players. IPeng seems to have found the server, but says 'your player cannot be found'. Also, it only seems to load the first level of album details i.e. artist, album titles ans genres - no cover art or track details (when I touch an album, it gets stuck on 'loading'. What can I try? I've tried flushing the cache, restarting the app, but no joy.

  10. #1020
    Senior Member pippin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Berlin
    Posts
    11,927
    Quote Originally Posted by neilcoburn View Post
    Hi there

    I've just installed 7.4 and all is working on the PC UI and players. IPeng seems to have found the server, but says 'your player cannot be found'. Also, it only seems to load the first level of album details i.e. artist, album titles ans genres - no cover art or track details (when I touch an album, it gets stuck on 'loading'. What can I try? I've tried flushing the cache, restarting the app, but no joy.
    Hm. This sounds like a connection issue to me.
    Did this happen since the update? If so, please try to uninstall and re-install iPeng.
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 8, the Universal App for iOS 7 and iOS 8

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •