Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 422 of 611 FirstFirst ... 322372412420421422423424432472522 ... LastLast
Results 4,211 to 4,220 of 6108
    On the artwork: could you point me to a station where this happens. I'll have to check whether it's another one of these things that behave differently when using the documented player status (as iPeng does) or the undocumented one Logitech themselves use. I plan to switch but it's a big change and I'm a bit afraid of braking some backwards compatibility.

If it's not that but the App is pulling the artwork from the net: see the comments below...

On the layout: yes, I've seen that and I'm a little bit jealous because it's pretty similar to how I've been planning things for the iPeng redesign already for a while and for Lyrics, iPeng for iPad has already been doing something similar for quite a while now.

That said (and this is the comment I mentioned above):
    I don't know where they get their information (Lyrics, Bios) from and if it's Squeezebox Server plugins (Biography, SongInfo/SongLyrics) it's similar to what I plan in iPeng.
    If they pull it directly off the internet, it's not something I can do.

There are no viable Lyrics sites with a global license I am aware off (yes, there is MusiXmatch but they ask >20.000$ a year which I can't afford in iPeng).
    And for artist info/artwork there is Last.fm but they don't allow commercial use (I read some comment somewhere that they even refused Logitech to use it, even though Logitech does obviously have an agreement with them). The problem here is that Last.fm have to license this information themselves and there will be restrictions to that.

Now just using this kind of stuff in a free plugin or privately is one thing, doing it from an App Store App is something different, to be precise it's something for which your App gets thrown out of the store (haprrens frequently, I have at least half a dozen Lyrics Apps that subsequently got pulled), if you're in bad luck they even decide it's copyright violation and throw you out as a developer.
    Not something I'm going to take a chance on.
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 8, the Universal App for iOS 7 and iOS 8

Pippin, I've seen artwork displayed on lots of the stations I've tried.

Some are....

Stations from the 181 network, like Kickin' Country, The Eagle, Good Time Oldies.

.977 The 80's Channel, .977 The Oldies Channel.

The display on the app is a bit of a mess though.
    It displays both the stations icon and the artwork, which is not scaled to fit the screen.
    I imagine the author will fix that soon enough.

Napster behaving as MOG

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    > Hi, I altered the per player settings for Napster on mysqueezebox.com to
    > show on the home menu but in when it is displayed in iPeng on the top
    > menu (I'm using the iPad app) the MOG icon is displayed alongside the
    > word 'Napster' and if I try to use it I'm presented with a message that
    > I need to create a MOG account. Napster in the My Apps menu looks fine
    > and works fine. Very strange. Thank you for any advice, Richard.

Do you see the same on the player and/or web UI as well?

--

Michael
    Hi Michael

I am not at home but I think that, although the SB Touch displays the correct Napster icon on the home menu, when you try to use it it asks you to set up a MOG account. I don't recall what shows on the web interface - I don't remember seeing the Napster icon in the home menu at all, only in the My Apps section. I am using a recent 7.7.2 nightly build if you think that might have any bearing!

I see similar strange behaviour in Sqeezecommander and in the Logitech Controller app. At least Napster works from the My Apps menu in iPeng and Squeezecommader but it doesn't in the Logitech app.

Tbanks

Richard
    Last edited by Rich; 2012-02-23 at 08:08.

I got a mail from Michael, he asks that you check whether you are using Test.MySqueezebox.com or really www.MySqueezebox.com, he found an issue with this on the test site.
    ---
    at penguinlovesmusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by pippin View Post
    I got a mail from Michael, he asks that you check whether you are using Test.MySqueezebox.com or really www.MySqueezebox.com, he found an issue with this on the test site.
    Honestly I wouldn't even know how to switch to Test.MySqueezebox.com so unless that could have happened accidentally as a result of installing a 7.7.2 nightly then I have to say I must be using www.MySqueezebox.com.

After looking at some posts elsewhere in these forums it seems to me that it is likely that I *am* using the test.mysqueezebox.com by virtue of the fact I am using a 7.7.2 nightly build. Could it be that the bug is to do with the imminent change to Napster in the wake of its acquisition by Rhapsody? I only went to 7.7.2 because I was having problems scanning my files on my ReadyNAS Duo and hoped that 7.7.2 might be the answer; it was not and I ended up having to clean the tags and re-tag using MediaMonkey after which the scan completed successfully.

Perhaps my best bet is to revert to 7.7.1 for the timebeing?

Richard
    Last edited by Rich; 2012-02-24 at 03:12. Reason: Addition info

Three LMS listings

Pippin, is there any reason why I show 3 LMS listings on my newly purchased iPhone (with ipeng). It doesn't cause any issues with me unless it is using up space or data. There are three listed including the LMS I am using but , to my knowledge, only one on my pc. Could it have anything to do with iCloud? I might understand that if one extra, but 2 extras? Thank you.
    Ikabob

Squeezebox Touch w/LMS V7.7.3; Benchmark DAC1 USB;Marantz Pre-amp; SAE Amplifier;ESS Heil Speakers(main listening speakers plus various additional speakers).
    Multiple players: SqueezeBooms,SqueezeRadios; SB3;
    Services:Slacker;Sky.com;Rhapsody;
    Sirius.com;CalmRadio
    Ipeng remote controller.

That usually means that your server uses changing IP addresses, they should go away after a cold restart of the App unless you have enabled WOL for them.

They should do no harm, iPeng automatically detects where your players are and switches over to the new server, it just doesn't forget the old one until you restart the App.
    ---
    at penguinlovesmusic.com

Thumbs up

Yes, they were on WOL and after turning that off the cold restart removed them. Thank you.
    Ikabob

Squeezebox Touch w/LMS V7.7.3; Benchmark DAC1 USB;Marantz Pre-amp; SAE Amplifier;ESS Heil Speakers(main listening speakers plus various additional speakers).
    Multiple players: SqueezeBooms,SqueezeRadios; SB3;
    Services:Slacker;Sky.com;Rhapsody;
    Sirius.com;CalmRadio
    Ipeng remote controller.

Internet Radio Artwork

Quote Originally Posted by pippin View Post
    On the artwork: could you point me to a station where this happens. I'll have to check whether it's another one of these things that behave differently when using the documented player status (as iPeng does) or the undocumented one Logitech themselves use. I plan to switch but it's a big change and I'm a bit afraid of braking some backwards compatibility.
    Pipin - Radio Paradise has always displayed album artwork on the now playing page in iPeng for me for as long as I can remember. I Have to admit I very rarely listen to any other internet stations though :-)
    Regards, Chris

Hi-FI: SB3 (wireless), Ipod Touch (+iPeng), active Linn Kabers, 3 x LK100, Kairn, LP12

spotify ipeng help

Hi everyone. Just started using ipeng and very pleased with it. However i cant find spotify on my itouch even though spotify is working well on the Squeezebox.
    Can anyone tell me what i might be doing wrong?