Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 314 of 602 FirstFirst ... 214264304312313314315316324364414 ... LastLast
Results 3,131 to 3,140 of 6018
    Quote Originally Posted by pippin View Post
    That should depend entirely on the server. Could it be your server is not fully up to the job?
    This, too, will hopefully get better in another (later) release we are working on.
    It's a ReadyNAS Pro Pioneer with dual core CPU and 4GB of memory so should be up to the task.

That's interesting. I would expect mp3 encoding to require much more CPU load on the server than FLAC encoding.
    It isn't perfect and I still get the occasional stutter but it definately fixes the glitches at the start of each track.

Question Audiobook rewind

Hi pippin one feature that I love to have is when I am listening to audiobook I would like to rewind the playback 30 seconds just like the iOS iTunes app 30s rewind feature. Is this possible to add this as a feature perhaps as a preferrence toggle?

Thanks for the awesome app on both iPhone and iPad (just got the iPad app it's great but the UI is not as intuitive).

Cheers
    Peter

Do you see the blue progress bar?
    It should only re-request one page.
    That's needed because otherwise iPeng can't know whether there might have been changes to the database while iPeng was in the background.
    Also, iPeng frees up a lot of memory when in the background to be a good iOS citizen and not to be quit by iOS too early.
    Sorry for answering late, but cant you just check with the server if a rescan have been done lately otherwise keep/cache everything.
    Memory ? Cant the app keep some temp files on the device (I have a 64gB iPad)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
    Misc use: Radio (with battery)
    iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (in storage SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server HP proliant micro server N36L with ClearOS Linux

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

@lamb

The Problem is to determine that something is an audiobook, ok, you could use the genre. Don't want to show yet another control all the time.

I've been planning to o some audiobook enhancements for a long time but there just never was the time for it.
    Could you file a ticket (sorry, can't post the link right now, it's on penguinlovesmusic.com)

Quote Originally Posted by Mnyb View Post
    Sorry for answering late, but cant you just check with the server if a rescan have been done lately otherwise keep/cache everything.
    Memory ? Cant the app keep some temp files on the device (I have a 64gB iPad)
    iPeng keeps a lot of stuff in the cache, but this _is_ how it is determining whether the library has changed.
    You can't use the server's lastscan info for that, it's completely unreliable on most server versions.
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 7, the Universal App for iOS 7

Smile

Loving iPeng and am using playback a lot on my bedside dock.

Thanks for a great value app.

As well as coming to say that, I also came to announce a problem. It sounds like a lot like that reported by enoch1970 a page back..
    When I playback on the iPhone synced to my receiver and v3 the first song in the playlist plays fine. The title of the next track comes up but it never starts playing. Just hangs.

Everything seems ok when the players aren't synced. Server will happily feed three different tracks to the three players. In fact, if I turn off my iPhone, the other two players in the group start playing that second track and continue fine, so I'm fairly confident it's something to do with iPeng being in the group...

Server is a Linux photoframe basically (O2 Joggler) running latest stable squeezeboxserver. iPhone 3G. Latest iPeng.

Any thoughts?

(And, just to reiterate: Thanks for a fantastic app!)

M.

Well, yes, as said a lot of times before: sync isn't really supported, yet. I believe you are in trouble whenever the playback speed between the devices is too great.
    Currently working on it...
    ---
    at penguinlovesmusic.com

Thanks for the quick reply.

I did search for the problem, but at over 3000 messages, this thread is a little daunting!
    Is there a dedicated iPeng forum?

Will look out for the next update.

Regards,

M.

Audio scrubbing as in iPad video player ?

Hi Pippin,

I was listening to a 2-hour program today (via BBC iPlayer), and going back or forward a few minutes in the show was a bit uneasy on the iPhone.
    For long features like this one (or audio books ?), what about implementing variable scrubbing rate like the video player on the iPad ?

Just a thought.
    4 SB 3 • iPeng (iPhone + iPad) • SqueezeLite • Squeezebox Server 7.8.1 (Debian 7.5) with plugins: CD Player, WaveInput by bpa • IRBlaster by Gwendesign (Felix) • Server Power Control by Gordon Harris • Smart Mix by Michael Herger • PowerSave by Jason Holtzapple • Song Info, Song Lyrics by Erland Isaksson • WeatherTime by Martin Rehfeld • ShairTunes by StuartUSA • Local Player, BBC iPlayer, SwitchPlayer by Triode • Auto Dim Display, SaverSwitcher, ContextMenu by Peter Watkins.

You mean using the fwd and rew buttons that iPlayer shows? Or the progress bar?
    If it's the buttons, I can't influence these, that would have to be changed in the plugin.
    ---
    at penguinlovesmusic.com

You mean using the fwd and rew buttons that iPlayer shows? Or the progress bar?
    If it's the buttons, I can't influence these, that would have to be changed in the plugin.
    Sorry if that was not clear. I meant the progress bar.
    I always grab the button on the progress bar to go forward or back within a song. I only use the >>| and |<< buttons to skip full songs.
    4 SB 3 • iPeng (iPhone + iPad) • SqueezeLite • Squeezebox Server 7.8.1 (Debian 7.5) with plugins: CD Player, WaveInput by bpa • IRBlaster by Gwendesign (Felix) • Server Power Control by Gordon Harris • Smart Mix by Michael Herger • PowerSave by Jason Holtzapple • Song Info, Song Lyrics by Erland Isaksson • WeatherTime by Martin Rehfeld • ShairTunes by StuartUSA • Local Player, BBC iPlayer, SwitchPlayer by Triode • Auto Dim Display, SaverSwitcher, ContextMenu by Peter Watkins.