Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 43 of 47 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: Thecus N5200Pro

Thanks for 7.7.1.

I am still havibg problems. After I rebooted the Thecus, LMS did scan my library. However, it will not completely rescan and update the library with new files. I have it set to rescsan at 3:00 am and as before it starts the rescan, "discovers" the files, but never completes the scan. I tried rebooting but to no avail.

How can I fix this?

Thanks a lot.

One more thing, I am still running 7.7.

Any reason to think 7.7.1 will perform the scans better? If so, how can I install just the update without reinstalling the entire server and therefore lose all my settings? I saw a reference to this beofre, but the explanation was too technical for me. I need a simple and step by step instruction.

Thankyou so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    One more thing, I am still running 7.7.

Any reason to think 7.7.1 will perform the scans better? If so, how can I install just the update without reinstalling the entire server and therefore lose all my settings? I saw a reference to this beofre, but the explanation was too technical for me. I need a simple and step by step instruction.

Thankyou so much.
    there were some fixes in 7.7.1. I can certainly install 7.7.1 over my old 7.7.0 without losing any settings. But I can't speak to the thecus.
    Location 1: VortexBox 4TB (2.3) > LMS 7.8 > Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
    Location 2: VBA 3TB (2.3) > LMS 7.8 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
    Office: Win7(64) > LMS 7.8 > Squeezelite
    Spares: several Touch, Radio, SB3
    Controllers: iPhone4S & iPad2 (iPeng7 & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win7(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

Thanks for 7.7.1.

I am still havibg problems. After I rebooted the Thecus, LMS did scan my library. However, it will not completely rescan and update the library with new files. I have it set to rescsan at 3:00 am and as before it starts the rescan, "discovers" the files, but never completes the scan. I tried rebooting but to no avail.
    Try doing a clean re-install, ie. remove the module completely and re-install it. Also, disabling automatic re-scan seems to help sometimes. All these things are not easily reproducible, so I'm not sure if they're caused by the module setup or the server code/bugs

Well, a false alarm I suppose. I rebooted my NAS and like magic the full scann began...................
    Well I finally upgraded after 2.5 years at 7.3.3 (and hours before 7.7.1 was posted) and I too had to do a reboot before it could write to the new DB file. Curious since the rights looked fine as I had to do the tweaks I summarized way back here:

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...908#post350908

and I did full recursive chowns on the module install subdirs "squeezeboxserver" and "system".

Anyhow after this seemingly unnecessary reboot it all appears to be running fine now (albeit ruining about half a year of uptime). :-)

However I too am curious about the "proper" upgrade procedure. I am certainly comfortable with the manual upgrade (like I just did), as an old unix hand, but I'm getting old and lazy and would like to just do a GUI update. I've never bothered to learn the ".mod" process so I don't really know if it will wipe everything out (settings, plugins, etc.) and reset the above permissions and tweaks.

I know, I know, I should just do it since it will only take less than an hour even if I have to rebuild the DB and mysteriously reboot the NAS but this is a busy NAS and I will get flak from the household who are streaming media and working. Although WWTBOFHD? ;-D

7.7.2 available

New version is ready for download from my page (http://letunic.com/thecus.html)... A little bit faster release this time

Let me know if there are any problems, seems to be running fine for me. Still getting faster and snappier with every new release.

Cheers

7.7.2 is running slow

Hi iletunic,

thank you for releasing the update. Installation went without a problem. But the first scan only detected 1 song. I restarted the server and the it started to scan the whole library. But after it indicated it has finished the scanning process the time-counter is still running. The webinterface is very slow.

The scanner log:

[12-03-31 14:07:09.1028] main::init (354) Starting Logitech Media Server (v7.7.2, r33893, Wed Mar 14 06:37:22 MDT 2012) perl 5.012002
    [12-03-31 14:09:25.2411] Slim::Utils::Scanner::Local::rescan (171) Discovering audio files in /raid/data/Musik
    [12-03-31 14:09:43.2265] Slim::Utils::Scanner::Local::__ANON__ (254) Removing deleted audio files (0)
    [12-03-31 14:09:43.2265] Slim::Utils::Scanner::Local::__ANON__ (332) Scanning new audio files (0)
    [12-03-31 14:09:43.2265] Slim::Utils::Scanner::Local::__ANON__ (410) Rescanning changed audio files (0)
    [12-03-31 14:09:43.2305] Slim::Utils::Scanner::Local::rescan (171) Discovering audio files in /raid/data/Musik/playlists
    [12-03-31 14:09:44.1626] Slim::Utils::Scanner::Local::__ANON__ (254) Removing deleted audio files (0)
    [12-03-31 14:09:44.1626] Slim::Utils::Scanner::Local::__ANON__ (332) Scanning new audio files (0)
    [12-03-31 14:09:44.1626] Slim::Utils::Scanner::Local::__ANON__ (410) Rescanning changed audio files (0)
    [12-03-31 14:09:44.1706] Slim::Utils::Misc::msg (1304) Warning: [14:09:44.1706] EV: error in callback (ignoring): argument does not have a struct associated with it at /raid0/data/module/SQUEEZEBOXSERVER/squeezeboxserver/CPAN/Media/Scan.pm line 155.
    (in cleanup) s does not have a struct associated with it at /raid0/data/module/SQUEEZEBOXSERVER/squeezeboxserver/Slim/Networking/IO/Select.pm line 184.

update: now it seems to work. Complete reinstall + complete rescan worked. Everything is fine now.
    Last edited by sprutzle; 2012-03-31 at 15:54. Reason: update

Billions of log messages with 7.7.2

Hi,
    I'm running the 7.7.2 server on my N4200pro for 2 weeks now - thanks Ivica for your work.
    Currently have seen a huge (385 GByte) squeezeboxserver.log file, still growing.
    Each 9 ms a new log entry is added:

[12-03-30 14:50:23.1737] Slim::Networking::IO::Select::__ANON__ (147) Error: Select task failed calling Slim::Web::HTTP::sendStreamingResponse: Can't call method "master" on an undefined value at /raid0/data/module/SQUEEZEBOXSERVER/squeezeboxserver/Slim/Player/Playlist.pm line 176.
    ; fh=Slim::Web::HTTP::ClientConn=GLOB(0xcf73d50)

Is there anyone else with the same issue?

Unfortunately I'm not familiar with perl and don't know how to fix the undefined $client->master() call.

sub playList {
    my ($client) = shift;

$client = $client->master();

return $client->playlist;
    }

cheers
    Tobias
    Last edited by toshi; 2012-04-12 at 05:49.

Rescan Issue

Well I'm still having the rescan issue. I'm also still at 7.7.0 as I rather suspect this isn't fixed. When I try to do a rescan the discovery step works fine but then it hangs and I get this in the logs:

--------------------------------------------

[12-04-13 19:21:43.0835] Slim::Utils::Scanner::Local::rescan (171) Discovering audio files in /raid/data/media/Music
    [12-04-13 19:21:57.7505] Slim::Schema::Storage::throw_exception (122) Error: DBI Exception: DBD::SQLite::db selectrow_array failed: unable to open database file [for Statement "
    SELECT COUNT(*) FROM (
    SELECT DISTINCT(url)
    FROM tracks
    WHERE url NOT IN (
    SELECT url FROM scanned_files
    WHERE filesize != 0
    )
    AND url LIKE 'file:///raid/data/media/Music%'
    AND virtual IS NULL
    AND content_type != 'dir'
    ) AS t1
    "]
    [12-04-13 19:21:57.7511] Slim::Schema::Storage::throw_exception (122) Backtrace:

frame 0: Slim::Utils::Log::logBacktrace (/raid0/data/module/SQUEEZEBOXSERVER/squeezeboxserver/Slim/Schema/Storage.pm line 122)
    frame 1: Slim::Schema::Storage::throw_exception (/raid0/data/module/SQUEEZEBOXSERVER/squeezeboxserver/CPAN/DBIx/Class/Storage/DBI.pm line 1006)
    frame 2: DBIx::Class::Storage:BI::__ANON__ (/raid0/data/module/SQUEEZEBOXSERVER/squeezeboxserver/Slim/Utils/Scanner/Local.pm line 242)
    frame 3: Slim::Utils::Scanner::Local::__ANON__ (/raid0/data/module/SQUEEZEBOXSERVER/squeezeboxserver/Slim/Networking/IO/Select.pm line 184)
    frame 4: (eval) (/raid0/data/module/SQUEEZEBOXSERVER/squeezeboxserver/Slim/Networking/IO/Select.pm line 184)
    frame 5: (eval) (/raid0/data/module/SQUEEZEBOXSERVER/squeezeboxserver/Slim/Networking/IO/Select.pm line 184)
    frame 6: Slim::Networking::IO::Select::loop (/raid/data/module/SQUEEZEBOXSERVER/squeezeboxserver/slimserver.pl line 689)
    frame 7: main::idle (/raid/data/module/SQUEEZEBOXSERVER/squeezeboxserver/slimserver.pl line 645)
    frame 8: main::main (/raid/data/module/SQUEEZEBOXSERVER/squeezeboxserver/slimserver.pl line 1158)

[12-04-13 19:21:57.7520] Slim::Utils::Misc::msg (1304) Warning: [19:21:57.7516] EV: error in callback (ignoring): Carp::Clan::__ANON__(): DBI Exception: DBD::SQLite::db selectrow_array failed: unable to open database file [for Statement "
    SELECT COUNT(*) FROM (
    SELECT DISTINCT(url)
    FROM tracks
    WHERE url NOT IN (
    SELECT url FROM scanned_files
    WHERE filesize != 0
    )
    AND url LIKE 'file:///raid/data/media/Music%'
    AND virtual IS NULL
    AND content_type != 'dir'
    ) AS t1
    "] at /raid0/data/module/SQUEEZEBOXSERVER/squeezeboxserver/Slim/Schema/Storage.pm line 126

--------------------------------------------

However if I reboot the initial scan at reboot works just fine. Of course doing a reboot just to scan the library is rather a PITA.

Ideas?

As with other users, I continue to have major rescn issues. If I completely delete and reinstall LMS and then reboot my Thecus, I will get one good rescan. Hoever, when I add new music and need to do rescan, it will "discover" all the tracks on the library, but will not complete the rescan. Thus, the only way I can detect/rescan the new music is to do a complete reinstallation. Not too feasible. Any ideas?

Oh, and I am running 7.7.1 now.

Thanks.