Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 31 of 47 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: Thecus N5200Pro

Quote Originally Posted by iletunic View Post
    Looks like a wrong version of the 'sudo' binary ended up in the final module package, and that is causing the problems (identified thanks to a tip from Jerome-Pascale). I'll repack and re-upload the module later today. In the meantime, you can put the following one into "addbin":

http://www.letunic.com/sudo
    iletunic,

I have gone back to 7.4.2 and not yet re-installed 7.5 but many thanks for looking into this and resolving the issue. Your work in producing the module is hugely appreciated and it's refreshing to receive the feedback and explanation of the problem.

Skier
    Squeezebox Duet
    Squeezebox Radio x 2
    All run from a Thecus N5200Pro NAS hosting Squeezebox Server

iletunic uploaded the corrected module on naswebsite...it works wonderfully...thanks again for your time and efforts my friend

Iletunic,

Ok, I reinstalled the updated v7.5a. I repeatedly receive the message that 'the music scan terminated unexpectedly.' I've installed it twice, run the scan 3 times and no joy so I guess it's back to v7.4.2.

Regards

Skier
    Squeezebox Duet
    Squeezebox Radio x 2

Quote Originally Posted by Skier View Post
    Iletunic,

Ok, I reinstalled the updated v7.5a. I repeatedly receive the message that 'the music scan terminated unexpectedly.' I've installed it twice, run the scan 3 times and no joy so I guess it's back to v7.4.2.

Regards

Skier
    that's odd...did you try clear all and start search from scratch?? I had the same error when I tried to search for new music but no erros when I searched from the beginning...hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by halkx View Post
    that's odd...did you try clear all and start search from scratch?? I had the same error when I tried to search for new music but no erros when I searched from the beginning...hope this helps
    I tried both and no joy. On one occasion it appeared to complete a scan (though it only found 21,000 directories rather than the 28,000 that exist) but half of the artist folders that were dsiplayed contained no info. Basically I don't have the time to dedicate days to sorting this out so it's back to v7.4.2 that, for me, just works!

Regards

Skier
    Squeezebox Duet
    Squeezebox Radio x 2

So, is it safe to install 7.5?

Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    I'd like to know the same. Any other users our there without issues using the 7.5a version of the module?
    John
    Server: Thecus N5200 Pro
    Players: 1 SB3, 5 Booms, 3 Duets (9 players total)

Why wouldn't it be safe? If it doesn't work for you, post the problem here and go back to the previous version... It won't blow up your Thecus

Perhaps "safe" was a poor choice of words. What I am asking is does 7.5 actually work now?

Perhaps "safe" was a poor choice of words. What I am asking is does 7.5 actually work now?
    Works fine for me.