Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Thecus N5200Pro

Unhappy

Omega posted a couple times that it was not trivial, took some work and was a pain in the butt pretty much. He never said what exactly the problem was other then he had to custom mod some SC scripts to get the scannig engine and some other things working properly.

I wish I had the *Nix knowledge to do it or I would. I'd be more then happy to donate to the cause as well.

i tried it once

recreate the module with a newer version of squeezecenter, used some text-diff tools. The module installed, but didn't work.
    I'm willing to spend time on it, if someone with more linux knowledge, and someone with perl knowledge can help.
    I guess it's easier after the first time. And if i get involved somehow i'll create a wiki page with the steps taken, so it can be reproduced by others.

Thecus N5200Pro

> recreate the module with a newer version of squeezecenter, used some
    > text-diff tools. The module installed, but didn't work.

Please come back to the forums with whatever issues you run into. We'll be happy to help you get this working again.

--

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    > recreate the module with a newer version of squeezecenter, used some
    > text-diff tools. The module installed, but didn't work.

Please come back to the forums with whatever issues you run into. We'll be happy to help you get this working again.
    If a forumla for building the module can be put together, is this something that could be added to the build system?

egd
    Quote Originally Posted by BramWithaar View Post
    recreate the module with a newer version of squeezecenter, used some text-diff tools. The module installed, but didn't work.
    I'm willing to spend time on it, if someone with more linux knowledge, and someone with perl knowledge can help.
    I guess it's easier after the first time. And if i get involved somehow i'll create a wiki page with the steps taken, so it can be reproduced by others.
    I've been thinking of doing this also but as my entire household will soon be put into a container for international shipping I don't really have the time. How did you approach it? The approach I've had in mind is to compare the standard SC release against the SC module and then to seek to understand the differences and apply the same logic to the current version of SC.

The last Thecus module module comprises SqueezeCenter Version: 7.0 - 17793 depending on Perl Version: 5.8.8 i686-linux and MySQL Version: 5.0.21-standard.

I have a flight to Munich coming up soon, perhaps I could at least look at the differences whilst inflight to try to get a base level of understanding. Would a printout of the differences entail carrying a small forest in my hand luggage?
    Last edited by egd; 2008-09-04 at 12:56.

I've been watching this thread and the one at the Thecus user group on the edge of my seat, waiting for the upgrade. The SqueezeCenter Module was the deciding factor in my purchase of my N5200Pro and it's continued development is very important to me.

I'm willing to help, though mostly all I can provide is beta testing and moral support, maybe a few bucks if it comes to it.

Given the popularity of the N5200 for this purpose, and its repitation as the "mst powerful NAS for use with SC," it seems like a good project for Logitech/Slimdevices to take on themselves, just like the ReadyNAS version

egd
    Michael, can you tell me where I can download the official SqueezeCenter Version: 7.0 - 17793?

Thanks, E

Thecus N5200Pro

> If a forumla for building the module can be put together, is this
    > something that could be added to the build system?

Don't know yet. But I was recently thinking about some special plugin
    which could be provided by NAS manufacturers/contributors. This plugin
    would have hooks to whatever specialty a device might need, eg.
    performance preferences, file paths etc. This way I hope we might remove
    the need for patched SC code.

Michael

Thecus N5200Pro

> Michael, can you tell me where I can download the official SqueezeCenter
    > Version: 7.0 - 17793?

(almost) all official releases:
    http://downloads.slimdevices.com/

Michael

This should be it egd, http://downloads.slimdevices.com/SqueezeCenter_v7.0.0/

Edit - I swear when I posted this Herger hadnt put either of those posts up yet
    Last edited by Itlan; 2008-09-04 at 14:54.