Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thumbs down Same Problems

ReadyNAS NV+
    1 GB RAM
    ~16,000 mp3 files.

I made the mistake of "upgrading" to 7.2. Now I can't brows to slim server and my two Squeeze boxes are as good as bricks!

After almost 20 hrs it's time to uninstall 7.2 and reinstalling the old version.

Unhappy Out of the frying pan into the fire

ReadyNAS NV+
    1 GB RAM
    ~16,000 mp3 files

Things went from bad to worst. I get the exact same problem when I re-installed 7.0.1 and 6.5.2.0. It appears to install OK. But the page is not found when I try to brows to it.

So, not only did 7.2 break my ReadyNAS, I can't go back, I guess there's no music for me.

Installation Notes: I rebooted after uninstalling the old version and rebooted again after installing the new verson.

Everyone who is still having problems, please check out the forums @ readynas.com and look for the CleanSlimServer package. This package will wipe out your old cache directory and MySQL database. After that, reboot the ReadyNas and see if SC comes back up. It'll need to re-scan, but it s hould hopefully fix your issues.

The most common issue we've seen on ReadyNas boxes is a corruption of the MySQL DB that causes SC to not start up properly. We're working on fixing this, but in the mean time the CleanSlimserver is usually a good fix.

Talking

CleanSlimServer appears to have fixed my problem. SqueezeCenter is now "Rescanning Music Library..."

Thank You.

Web interface with Squeezecenter 7.2 for ReadyNAS Duo. I don't know if this is a unique problem for me or a general issue. But on my XP machine (on either firefox 3.0 or IE 7.0) The playlist/Control portion of the browser interface doesn't work when using "default" interface. The Squeezebox itself plays just fine (music library, internet radio, etc.), but the right side of interface that controls playlists, allows editing of lists, starts/stop playing, etc. simply remains "dead". If I select the "classic" interface from SC 7.2 settings option, the playlist interface (right side of screen) works just fine.

Query: Is it just something odd on my end, or does the default interface not work properly on this readynas version of Squeezecenter 7.2? Thanks.

Squeezebox Digital Outputs

Hi guys,

just been playing around with 7.2, and think I have noticed a small bug. My squeezebox no longer turns off its digital outputs when turned off even though this is set in the software, meaning that my DAC still senses a signal.

The Moog

Don't like the display of the Lyrics tab in 7.2

I've trialled SC 7.2 on a PC prior to loading it to my ReadyNAS. I am reluctant to carry out the upgrade because of the way the Lyrics tab is displayed at the LHS of the screen.

For some reason, it has been decided to lock the scrolling of this window, and to create a separate scrolling window just for the lyrics tab. When I'm using an eeePC as my interface, this means I get only three lines of the Lyrics tab displayed. If you're viewing any longish lyrics text, such as the sleeve notes of a CD, or a song poem, or an opera libretto, that's useless - you're forever stopping/starting the scroll function, which is extremely irritating.

So I'm sticking to 7.0.1 for now and living in hope that this feature will be removed.

SB Boom lost connection with ReadyNAS NV+

This morning, my SB Boom suddenly lost connection with my ReadyNAS NV+. Based on suggestion from another thread in this forum, I reboot my router/PC/NAS/SB Boom. After that,my SB Boom can connect to PC SC, SqueezeNetwork, but still unable to connect to ReadyNAS.
    Tried to execute SC from within ReadyNAS by clicking on Setup in Frontview > Services > Streaming Services > SqueezeCenter resulted in "Failed to connect to http://<ReadyNAS IP>:9000/. I then uninstall and reinstall SC in ReadyNAS, reboot but it is still "Failed to connect..."
    Please help! Thanks.
    PS: My ReadyNAS is working perfectly. I can connect/stream to/from this NAS from/to other PCs and media extenders in the house, but this SB Boom (and actually another SB Duet which has losen its connection from quite a while!)

Quote Originally Posted by d60pdp View Post
    This morning, my SB Boom suddenly lost connection with my ReadyNAS NV+. Based on suggestion from another thread in this forum, I reboot my router/PC/NAS/SB Boom. After that,my SB Boom can connect to PC SC, SqueezeNetwork, but still unable to connect to ReadyNAS.
    Tried to execute SC from within ReadyNAS by clicking on Setup in Frontview > Services > Streaming Services > SqueezeCenter resulted in "Failed to connect to http://<ReadyNAS IP>:9000/. I then uninstall and reinstall SC in ReadyNAS, reboot but it is still "Failed to connect..."
    Please help! Thanks.
    PS: My ReadyNAS is working perfectly. I can connect/stream to/from this NAS from/to other PCs and media extenders in the house, but this SB Boom (and actually another SB Duet which has losen its connection from quite a while!)
    Problem solved by running Clean_Squeezecenter_DB.

I noticed that bug too, this is an issue to me as the status of the digital out is used to auto switch on/off my benchmark Dac 1 pre.

JDH

QUOTE=The Moog;340346]Hi guys,

just been playing around with 7.2, and think I have noticed a small bug. My squeezebox no longer turns off its digital outputs when turned off even though this is set in the software, meaning that my DAC still senses a signal.

The Moog[/QUOTE]