Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SqueezeCenter 7.2 - Launched for ReadyNas also!

I wanted to point out that for the first time in the 7.x.x releases, the ReadyNas 'Addon Package' was also launched at the same time with SqueezeCenter 7.2. We've done alot of work tuning the performance to make sure that Boom (as well as all of our other products) work well on it and I think its definitely worth the upgrade. You can find the download on our downloads page, and you must be running RAIDiator 4.0.1 or higher for the package to work.

great stuff, do you recommend having the older version SC (7.01 I think) removed before installing versin 7.2?

Quote Originally Posted by breadvan View Post
    great stuff, do you recommend having the older version SC (7.01 I think) removed before installing versin 7.2?
    I would, just because 7.2 then will start you out with all of our performance settings pre-set for ReadyNas. If you don't, you'll need to set several settings manually.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Wise View Post
    I would, just because 7.2 then will start you out with all of our performance settings pre-set for ReadyNas. If you don't, you'll need to set several settings manually.
    Hi Matt,

I suppose you reduced the scanner priority, but is there any chance you also reduced the SC server priority ?
    Looking at this thread, SoftSqueeze response times with 7.2 look really terrible.

I don't have this problem with my upgraded SqueezeCenter.
    My priority settings are left untouched (ie actual=0 for server and 0 for scanner), the only tweaks I've done are deactivating statistics and reducing the new albums list length from 50 to 25.

Seb

Could someone post what the best setting are for running 7.2 on a ReadyNAS then?
    I have just upgraded the install rather than doing a uninstall/reinstall, and would rather just set them manually now than have to reinstall. Cheers,

The Moog

Question

Hey guys. Just upgraded my ReadyNAS Duo to official version 7.2. Latest RAIDator version on already. Removed old version and uploaded 7.2, enabled in Frontview but cannot browse to the page and duet does not seem to "see" it running either. Running 1 other server (PC) and squeezenetwork which are working fine so anyone with any ideas would be appreciated. For the moment--> me going back to older version

PS...it is running in Frontview and is enabled...

I think I have the same problem...
    This is what I did...
    1) Under Services, streaming services - I removed the old 7.01 Squeeze Center.
    2) Under Sytem, Update, I used local update to locate the 7.2 squeeze Center bin file and varified / installed.
    3) Rebooted

Now after an age (30minutes), the squeeze center has only just came back under services, but I still cant browse to to the squeeze center on port 9000.
    I will leave it now and go to work - hopefully in 7 hours time the webservice will be up and running.

The only reason I am upgrading is because version 7.01 was so slow it was barely useable.

I think the ReadyNAS Duo is so painfully slow with nearly everytthig it does I really wouldnt recommend this device to anyone.

I am also starting to use readyNas Duo, Install 7.2 was fine.
    The receiver, controller and Nas are well linked.
    But when I need to play the songs, all my music library of the Nas is shown as empty, though there are many music files in the music folder of Nas when I browse it by the Ncenter PC.

Any idea what should be the cause?
    Thanks

OK so I have waited 15hrs and I still couldnt browse to it.
    Then rebooted still no joy.
    Tried uninstalling 7.2 and reinstalling 7.2, Still no joy
    Then uninstalled again with a reboot, then reinstalled with a reboot, still wont frickin work - what a load of c$%p!

Does any one want to buy a NasDuo before I smash it to pieces?

Or can someone tell me how they installed it or where I am going wrong?
    This is what I have:-

Model: ReadyNAS Duo [X-RAID]
    Firmware: RAIDiator 4.01b1-p3-T77 [1.00a042]
    Memory: 256 MB [2.5-3-3-7]
    MAC address: 00:0D:A2:02:07:A9
    Volume C: Online, X-RAID, 2 disks, 37% of 925 GB used
    Last edited by haziebaby; 2008-09-04 at 16:26. Reason: mistakes

Unhappy

same problem

reboot
    copy just few files to test

same result, the music library on RC shows "EMPTY".