Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Problems with Squeezenetwork with my new SB V3

Hi all!

I know this topic has been discussed several times and I have also tried to read alot about the issue but without any luck to solve the problem.

Yesterday I bought a used Squeezebox V3 and connected it to my receiver and configged it to my wireless connection.
    Then I installed the Squeezecenter on my PC and added my music directory and all that works just fine. I also registered an account at squeezenetwork and it seems like that the Squeezebox can connect without problems to both squeezecenter and squeezenetwork as long as my PC is turned on.

My purpose to buy the Squeezebox was to have the ability to hear internet radio (fx. di.fm ) without turning the computer on. When I shut down my computer I cannot connect to Squeezenetwork. I have never entered my login details for squeezenetwork on the device but only on my computer. Was never asked to do it in the device itself.

I assume my problem has something to do with the PIN code. When I sign in on Squeezenetwork on my computer and look under "Players", no players is listed as added. I have the option to add new player, but I need the PIN code which I cannot find.
    I read that the device shows the PIN code the first time it gets connected to Squeezenetwork but since the device has been bought used its probably associated with the earlier owner┤s account.

How do I get the PIN code? I have tried to reinstall Squeezecenter, updated the firmware and tried to reset the device. All without luck.

Im getting quite frustrated so hope you can help me out.

Thanks a lot.

Kind regards
    Kevin, Denmark.
    Last edited by DonDolowy; 2008-08-27 at 05:38.

If the device has previously been connected to SN, you should be able to establish what the PIN is by connecting the player to SN and looking under Settings in the Player menu.

However, I'm not sure if you will be able to use that Player Pin if the original owner hasn't disconnnected the SB3 from his/her own SN account. You may need to ask them to do this.
    Who am I on LAST.FM?
    "Siduhe Loved Tracks radio got the thumbs up. Feedback included: yeah, it's good... got the odd dodgy track tho..." (c) ModelCitizen

Just go to Settings -> Player PIN and enter this code under your account. The player will be moved from the old account to the new.

Quote Originally Posted by andyg View Post
    Just go to Settings -> Player PIN and enter this code under your account. The player will be moved from the old account to the new.
    I assume this is on the device? I have read this advice before but so far I havent suceeded in finding that Player Pin menu. There are no such a option under Settings. Maybe because I have resetted the box?

Should I look for it when the computer is turned on or off? When Im connected to Squeezecenter or Squeezenetwork? I assume the latter one.

Thanks for the quick response

SqueezeNetwork of course. There is no need for a PIN if you are using SqueezeCenter.

How are you connecting to the internet ? is it your router that logs on or do you have the account setup in your PC ?
    Your not using your PC's wireless connection for your SB3 are you ?
    Just checking that you don't connect to the internet *trough* your PC

Quote Originally Posted by Mnyb View Post
    How are you connecting to the internet ? is it your router that logs on or do you have the account setup in your PC ?
    Your not using your PC's wireless connection for your SB3 are you ?
    Just checking that you don't connect to the internet *trough* your PC
    Im connecting to the internet through my D-link DIR-655. My laptop and PS3 work just fine on the wireless.

I will report back when I get home again.

Ok then i'm no help anymore. Andy or Support might sort you out with the pin.
    They say that the supportline is excellent, I've only experienced it by mail and it was very good bordering excellent. The telephone support is located in an US time zone very international ;-)

http://www.slimdevices.com/su_tech.html#phone

why not setup a call center in Europe too nudge nudge ;-)

Now I have tried the last few advices. But still without luck.

I assume Im connected to Squeezenetwork since it says "Squeezenetwork" in the first line of the display. I can also play danish radio channels, which you also can hear using a regular radio, but I dont know how to add my own internet radio stream. I have tried to add three in the Favourite menu on Squeezenetwork when signed in on my computer. But they dont show up on the device. Probably because the Player hasnt been added to the list of players in Squeezenetwork.

My Squeezebox shows the text in danish even though I prefer it in english. The language is setted to english and the network configuration guide is also in english but not the rest. If I try to translate from danish to english, the six options I have in the device when connected to SqueezeNetwork are:

- Now Playing
    - Music Library
    - Music services (Slacker, MP3tunes Locker etc)
    - Favourites
    - Extra
    - Connect to Squeezecenter

I dont have any Settings menu where I should be able to read the pin code?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by andyg View Post
    Andy, what if the old user disabled the settings menu (via squeezenetwork)