Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Iomega Storcenter NAS and squeezecenter

Hello.

I've searched here and cannot find an answer to the question of whether it's possible to access music files (specifically FLAC) via Squeezecenter installed on an Iomega Storcenter 1T NAS (UPnP capable) (using a Squeezebox duet setup) with ethernet connection directly to a router (no "old pc" available as an intermediary).

I found that this could not be done with Slimserver, but I wondered whether anything had changed with the introduction of Squeezecenter.

Thanks for any help.
    A.
    Last edited by aangold; 2008-08-10 at 18:44.

Quote Originally Posted by aangold View Post
    Hello.

I've searched here and cannot find an answer to the question of whether it's possible to access music files (specifically FLAC) via Squeezecenter installed on an Iomega Storcenter 1T NAS (UPnP capable) (using a Squeezebox duet setup) with ethernet connection directly to a router (no "old pc" available as an intermediary).

I found that this could not be done with Slimserver, but I wondered whether anything had changed with the introduction of Squeezecenter.

Thanks for any help.
    A.
    You should be able to *access* flac files just fine, but you still need something to run SqueezeCenter. It could be a regular computer or a NAS (which is really just a specialized computer oriented to file sharing).

This hasn't changed in the move from 6.5.x (slimserver) to 7.x (SqueezeCenter). In short, you need to be able to install and run the software.