Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

No sound from Squeezebox Duet

Hello,

After a easy setup of SqueezeCenter 7.1 and my Squeezebox Duet, I could enjoy music on my receiver in the living room. No problems!

BUT, yesterday I played fine through one album. I then tried the random mix function and all was quiet. No sound! Now I can't get sound from any of my files.

The player shows a bright white led telling me its playing, but on the controller it repeats the first 30 seconds of the now playing song over and over again. I can not hear any sound!

I tried resetting my receiver by pressing its button for 6 seconds. But still no sound. I tried resetting the controller, still no sound.

I tried optical digital cable to my DAC and analog stereo out.
    Both are just quiet.

What could be wrong?
    Is my receiver broken?

mvh,
    Baard Ole Grotta
    SqueezeCenter 7.1.0
    Receiver firmware 36

During the setup of my Duet recently, I discovered that the attenuation setting (I think it's called that) was set to 63, i.e. no volume.
    Just check and see if this has happened to you. If so, put it back to 0.
    Dave.

SB3 --> Cyrus 8vs --> PMC FB1
    Duet --> AudioEngine A2

sounds like you may have a corrupt music file...
    You want to see the signal path BEFORE it gets onto a CD/vinyl...it ain't what you'd call minimal...
    Touch(wired/W7)+Teddy Pardo PSU - Audiolense 3.3/2.0+INGUZ DRC - MF M1 DAC - Linn 5103 - full Aktiv 5.1 system (6x LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Pekin Tuner, Townsend Supertweeters,VdH Toslink,Kimber 8TC Speaker & Chord Signature Plus Interconnect cables
    Stax4070+SRM7/II phones
    Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio, Harmony One remote for everything.

I think I've seen this issue before on 7.1. Not just on local files but on internet radio too. I think I just restarted the Receiver, or SC7, or both, and put it down to being a beta. Maybe I should pay more attention in the future.

Hmm, I cannot find any attenuation setting. Where is it?
    It's not a corrupt file, the 30 seconds repeat happens to all files. I can play the files fine in Mediamonkey and using SoftSqueeze.
    I will in a final effort before returning the set, do yet another factory reset of the controller and the receiver.

mvh,
    baard

Quote Originally Posted by baardog View Post
    Hmm, I cannot find any attenuation setting. Where is it?
    It's not a corrupt file, the 30 seconds repeat happens to all files. I can play the files fine in Mediamonkey and using SoftSqueeze.
    I will in a final effort before returning the set, do yet another factory reset of the controller and the receiver.

mvh,
    baard
    Web GUI - settings - player - audio
    You want to see the signal path BEFORE it gets onto a CD/vinyl...it ain't what you'd call minimal...
    Touch(wired/W7)+Teddy Pardo PSU - Audiolense 3.3/2.0+INGUZ DRC - MF M1 DAC - Linn 5103 - full Aktiv 5.1 system (6x LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Pekin Tuner, Townsend Supertweeters,VdH Toslink,Kimber 8TC Speaker & Chord Signature Plus Interconnect cables
    Stax4070+SRM7/II phones
    Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio, Harmony One remote for everything.

Preamp Volume Control is set to 0.

b