Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

QNAP TS109 & Duet- A few pointers to get me started please

Hi guys,

I've got a QNAP TS109 running 2.0.1 Build 0324T.

I've got slimserver installed:

SlimServer Version: 6.5.3 - 12376 - Debian - EN - utf8
    Server IP address: 192.168.0.6
    Perl Version: 5.8.8 arm-linux-gnu-thread-multi
    MySQL Version: 5.0.41

I've got loads of music on my QNAP and want to access it through my duet.
    I've added the IP address using the duet controller but i get further than selecting the IP - also the squeezebox player is not showing as found on the slimserver web interface.

Do i need to upgrade slimserver? maybe move to squeezecenter? Do i need to upgrade my firmware to do these? Any help/links would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Smile You probably need to install Squeezecenter

I just purchased a QNAP TS-109 II and followed the instructions exactly from the QNAP link and I got it to work the first time. Here is the link:
    http://www.qnap.com/pro_application.asp?ap_id=71. In doing my research, I spoke to Ripcaster out of the UK as they actually sell the QNAP boxes with Squeezecenter pre-installed. They insisted that you should install Squeezecenter and not Slimserver. The other thing they advised is to use the TS-109 II due to the additional memory. So, it seems they were correct on all points as it works great on the first try. Hope this helps.

Experience with TS-109II and Duet?

Hi Chillaxin, I've got a TS-109II as well and I 've installed Squeezecenter on it. All works fine, but I noticed that the web-interface is pretty slow.
    I'm also thinking about buying a Squeezebox Duet, but I'm a bit afraid that the responsiveness is slow as the web-interface is also not of the fastest.

What's your experience with this? We probably can't expect that the TS-109II performs the same as a PC/server, but a NAS is much easier to use (just leave it on, always available) and not to forget energy-saving.

Thanks...

What's the memory footprint of squeezecenter when your using a duet. That may give you an idea of performance.

It's about 70-80meg when you have a regular squeezebox. I'm not sure about the CPU and if the 500mhz ARM will be a bottleneck, but I would hope not as its just a NAS.

Quote Originally Posted by kingbal View Post
    Hi guys,

I've got a QNAP TS109 running 2.0.1 Build 0324T.

I've got slimserver installed:

SlimServer Version: 6.5.3 - 12376 - Debian - EN - utf8
    Server IP address: 192.168.0.6
    Perl Version: 5.8.8 arm-linux-gnu-thread-multi
    MySQL Version: 5.0.41

I've got loads of music on my QNAP and want to access it through my duet.
    I've added the IP address using the duet controller but i get further than selecting the IP - also the squeezebox player is not showing as found on the slimserver web interface.

Do i need to upgrade slimserver? maybe move to squeezecenter? Do i need to upgrade my firmware to do these? Any help/links would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

How do you determine the Perl version on a TS-109?

> How do you determine the Perl version on a TS-109?

I beleive that the Perl version is visible on the SqueezeCenter status page in the web gui.
    2* Squeezebox 3
    1* SB Duet
    1* SB Radio
    1 * ReadyNAS Pro