Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 36 of 45 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt.insano View Post
    I know we have plugins to emulate an airplay device, but does anyone know of any projects online to emulate a chromecast audio device (i have searched github to no avail)?
    You can't emulate a chromecast device. Chromecast devices run what is know as a "receiver app" which as basically a single browser web page html/javascript but loaded via a Google server from a defined registered location. Google only allows registered players (i.e. valid googlecast certified devices Chromecast, TV,s speakers etc) to be loaded via their server so no emulated device will be allowed - probably as it would be one way to copy protected media streams.

The closet replacement to a chromecast emulation is a playing a service on a browser page - which is why Waveinput was created in the first place.

Usually when complicated solutions are suggested - the user is trying to use the wrong tools to solve a problem (e.g. using a cordless screwdriver to hammer in a nail - better to change the approach such as use a hammer or use a screw not a nail). I suggest look again at at the problem rather than devising a solution from the pieces that are to hand.
    Last edited by bpa; 2016-02-29 at 10:17.

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    You can't emulate a chromecast device. Chromecast devices run what is know as a "receiver app" which as basically a single browser web page html/javascript but loaded via a Google server from a defined registered location. Google only allows registered players (i.e. valid googlecast certified devices Chromecast, TV,s speakers etc) to be loaded via their server so no emulated device will be allowed - probably as it would be one way to copy protected media streams.

The closet replacement to a chromecast emulation is a playing a service on a browser page - which is why Waveinput was created in the first place.

Usually when complicated solutions are suggested - the user is trying to use the wrong tools to solve a problem (e.g. using a cordless screwdriver to hammer in a nail - better to change the approach such as use a hammer or use a screw not a nail). I suggest look again at at the problem rather than devising a solution from the pieces that are to hand.
    Thanks for the info about chromecast emulation! Fair enough about the solution approach, I just love the cast options in android and was hoping to bring them to squeezebox!

Anyway thanks for all your work, I have 3 of your plugins installed on my server! Including your RTE plugin, I am based in Cork!

Quote Originally Posted by Capt.insano View Post
    Including your RTE plugin, I am based in Cork!
    I like chromecast (ended today but Curry had a sale of CCAs at Ç19.50 each).

I haven't done anything with the RTE one for years - I'm surprised it's still going. RTE in tech terms is a pain - they have no chromecast support in their apps. Last time I looked getting "playback" info was a nightmare as it seemed each station has different layout and each programme was different as if each page is individually maintained by hand. With the creation of "Radioplayer" app I was going to have a look again and see if there sort of API which could be leverages into LMS.

With respect to your original idea. I suggest get a low cost but not rock bottom USB audio input device such that it could be useful in other areas if this solution doesn't work out. - I've read that a Behringer UCA202 is OK. However if you want just to check delays/feasibility etc - then go buy a very cheap usb line-in adaptor - usually about Ç4-5 on ebay. However if Vortext box is a standard PC then it may already have a line-in which can be used to test. Input will be sampled at 44.1kHz/16bit or possibly 48kHz/16 bit - do a quick test and then you can judge whether delay is accetpable and whether it is worth spending more money on improving audio.

Hi,

having problems setting it up correctly. I want to use the internal soundcard to capture an input signal, the soundcard has two plugs (Mic/line-in). Tried first to listen to wavin:default, but since I heard nothing I was digging deeper. Here is arecord:

daphile ~ # arecord -l
    **** List of CAPTURE Hardware Devices ****
    card 0: Dummy [Dummy], device 0: Dummy PCM [Dummy PCM]
    Subdevices: 8/8
    Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
    Subdevice #1: subdevice #1
    Subdevice #2: subdevice #2
    Subdevice #3: subdevice #3
    Subdevice #4: subdevice #4
    Subdevice #5: subdevice #5
    Subdevice #6: subdevice #6
    Subdevice #7: subdevice #7
    card 1: MID [HDA Intel MID], device 0: ALC662 rev1 Analog [ALC662 rev1 Analog]
    Subdevices: 1/1
    card 1: MID [HDA Intel MID], device 2: ALC662 rev1 Alt Analog [ALC662 rev1 Alt Analog]
    Subdevices: 1/1

I was recording hw:1,0 and hw:1,2 (I guess these would be the two mentioned in arecord), but both are quiet. I set the volume for line, mic and mic boost in alsamixer to 100% (were first at 0), but this did not change anything.
    Any idea what I might do wrong?

What OS and system (e.g. PC , Pi, Beagleboard) ?
    Have you Pulseaudio installed and ALSA is supported by Pulseaudio or is Alsa native. ?

Running daphile (latest beta version, since releases have no ssh activated), which seems to be based on Gentoo. On a fitpc2 (tiny 32bit PC).
    Pulseaudio is not installed, only ALSA.

Quote Originally Posted by ant! View Post
    Running daphile (latest beta version, since releases have no ssh activated), which seems to be based on Gentoo. On a fitpc2 (tiny 32bit PC).
    Pulseaudio is not installed, only ALSA.
    Why not ask the daphile developer ? The "dummy" devices on 0,0 which is usually default makes me worried developer has disabled something.

Could be permission / capabiltiies (e.g. user running arecord not member of the audio group) ?
    Is there a GUI and if so can you run the "sound record" or equiv. application

He never tried your plugin, Daphile is basically an easy LMS standalone installation, not much more. And I'd guess the soundcard configuration depends on the hardware I install daphile on, not daphile itself.

But the permissions for arecord might be a reason, no idea.
    There is no GUI, only the WebUI or SSH.

I'll forward the developer this thread, maybe he has an idea (he's active here as well).

A way to test permission is to play music using aplay through the analog out ? Also it is more obvious when you get it working.

Interesting this user couldn't get audio out to work on fitpc2 using daphile

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f1...tml#post317201