Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 180 1231151101 ... LastLast

Announce: New versions of erlands plugins

There are now official non beta versions available of all my plugins for SqueezeCenter 7.x, this thread will be used for announcing new versions of these plugins starting now.

The released plugins are:

- TrackStat 2.1
    - Custom Browse 2.1
    - Custom Scan 2.1
    - Custom Skip 2.1
    - Multi Library 2.1
    - SQL Playlist 2.1
    - Dynamic Playlist 2.1
    - Database Query 2.1

A big "Thank you" to anyone that have used the previous beta versions and reported bugs in them, these versions hadn't been available at this time without your help.

The following plugins has been deprecated or is now maintained by other users:
    - Random PlayList: Deprecated, use SQL Playlist or standard Random Mix instead.
    - Remove Played Songs: A 7.x version is available and maintained by Eric Koldinger

Note!
    If you are a developer that want to make sure these plugins are continuously developed, please see this thread:
    http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=41583

Note!
    If you are a normal user that want to help:
    - Post bugs whenever you find them, either in the issue tracker on the google code site or in '3rd party plugins' section of this forum.
    - Help updating the information about these plugins and related tutorials on the Slim Devices wiki site

As usual the plugins are available from my download page:
    http://erland.isaksson.info/download

The documentation about the plugins is now stored on the Slim Devices wiki site but can also be reached through my own wiki:
    http://wiki.erland.isaksson.info/ind...ory:SlimServer
    (If you find an error in the documentation, please update the text on the wiki)
    Last edited by erland; 2008-07-20 at 03:35. Reason: Updated links
    Erland Isaksson (My homepage)
    Lead platform developer of ickStream Music Platform - A world of music at your fingertips

(Also developer of many plugins/applets (both free and commercial). If you like to encourage future presence on this forum and/or third party plugin/applet development, consider purchasing some plugins)

Hi,

Thanks for bringing all these non-beta versions out. I was ecstatic to see that you had introduced the favourites functionality to the dynamic playlists plugin.

I have one small problem with it though, I can't seem to get it to work quite right. I am using the fishbone skin (if that is relevant) and when I click on the heart icon it successfully adds the item to my favourites.

When I try and play the favourite through my squeezebox using the remote or web interface the playlist does not play.

The format of a favourite that is added is:
    dynamicplaylist://sqlplaylist_randomforrating or
    dynamicplaylist://trackstat_lastaddedalbums

If I look in the logs I get messages like
    [08-07-03 21:07:44.8752] Slim::Networking::Async::_dns_error (100) Couldn't resolve IP address for: sqlplaylist_randomalbums
    [08-07-03 21:07:44.8760] Slim::Networking::Async::_async_error (256) Error: [Couldn't resolve IP address for: sqlplaylist_randomalbums]
    [08-07-03 21:07:44.8764] Slim::Networking::Async::HTTP::_http_error (264) Error: [Couldn't resolve IP address for: sqlplaylist_randomalbums]
    [08-07-03 21:07:44.8768] Slim::Utils::Scanner::__ANON__ (519) Error: Can't connect to remote server to retrieve playlist: Couldn't resolve IP address for: sqlplaylist_randomalbums.

[08-07-03 21:10:35.0437] Slim::Networking::Async::_dns_error (100) Couldn't resolve IP address for: trackstat_lastaddedalbums
    [08-07-03 21:10:35.0445] Slim::Networking::Async::_async_error (256) Error: [Couldn't resolve IP address for: trackstat_lastaddedalbums]
    [08-07-03 21:10:35.0449] Slim::Networking::Async::HTTP::_http_error (264) Error: [Couldn't resolve IP address for: trackstat_lastaddedalbums]
    [08-07-03 21:10:35.0454] Slim::Utils::Scanner::__ANON__ (519) Error: Can't connect to remote server to retrieve playlist: Couldn't resolve IP address for: trackstat_lastaddedalbums.
    Let me know if I'm doing something stupid or if you need any additional information.

Thanks,

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by robroe View Post
    When I try and play the favourite through my squeezebox using the remote or web interface the playlist does not play.

The format of a favourite that is added is:
    dynamicplaylist://sqlplaylist_randomforrating or
    dynamicplaylist://trackstat_lastaddedalbums

Let me know if I'm doing something stupid or if you need any additional information.
    I'm guessing that you are using a 7.0.x version of SqueezeCenter ?
    There seems to be a problem with the favorite implementation and 7.0.x, I'll check if it is possible to solve or if something in 7.1 is required for favorites to work correctly.
    Lead platform developer of ickStream Music Platform - A world of music at your fingertips

(Also developer of many plugins/applets (both free and commercial). If you like to encourage future presence on this forum and/or third party plugin/applet development, consider purchasing some plugins)

Yes that must be it, I'm on 7.0.1.

If it's something I need 7.1 for I'll just have to upgrade Thanks as always for the quick reply.

Rob

Yes that must be it, I'm on 7.0.1.

If it's something I need 7.1 for I'll just have to upgrade Thanks as always for the quick reply.

Rob
    I've found the problem, in next Dynamic Playlist release favorites should work also in 7.0, it should be released within a few days.

Watcher of the Windows build
    Erland, first of all, thanks for making TrackStat 2.1 compatible with the Default Skin. One question... Is there any way of changing the color of the "Rating Display Character" (*)?... I looked throught the settings, but I could not find an option where the color could be change... Maybe I miss it? The default is white and I can barely see the tracks ratings against the light grey background of the default skin.
    Last edited by tamanaco; 2008-07-04 at 04:55.

Quote Originally Posted by tamanaco View Post
    Erland, first of all, thanks for making TrackStat 2.1 compatible with the Default Skin. One question... Is there any way of changing the color of the "Rating Display Character" (*)?... I looked throught the settings, but I could not find an option where the color could be change... Maybe I miss it? The default is white and I can barely see the tracks ratings against the light grey background of the default skin.
    I'll change them in next version, they should definitely not have the color they have now.

Erland,

thank you for your ongoing support of those plugins! i really appreciate it :-)
    trackstat being my number one, followed by custom-browse.

kind regards,
    Markus

Thanks for all these Erland,

I have one question - in Custom Browse, is it possible to add a 'play all' item to the top of a list i.e. in a new music menu?

Craig
    MC2Slim - Windows Shell and J River Media Center Integration for Squeezebox.

http://www.duff-zapp.co.uk

I was ecstatic to see that you had introduced the favourites functionality to the dynamic playlists plugin.
    I haven't been able to get this to work.

If for instance I click on the heart-icon i Dynamic pl, next to "Never played songs", i get a entry in Favorites all right.
    But when I use the new favorite it only plays 9 songs and then stop. I.e. it dosen't behave dynamic.

URL: dynamicplaylist://trackstat_notplayed
    SqueezeCenter version: 7.1 - 21397 @ Wed Jul 2 01:04:23 PDT 2008 - Debian - DA - utf8
    Dynamiske playlister (v2.1)