Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 122 of 149 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124132 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 1489
    Quote Originally Posted by Morbeas View Post
    Wait, yes you're right. I forgot to hover my mouse! It works now, thank you.
    LMS 7.9 on VortexBox Midi running Xubuntu 14.04, FLACs 16->24 bit, 44.1->192kbps. Wired Touch + EDO, coax to Musical Fidelity M1 CLiC. Wireless Xubuntu 14.04 laptop controls LMS via Chromium. Meridian Explorer USB DAC to listen via Squeezelite on Vortexbox & other PCs as required. Spare Touch in loft.

There is a new version of LMS 7.8 in the Nightlies that will allow one to Search and Browse for internet radio using Tune In Radio without having a MySqueezebox.com account(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...-plugin-anyone). I am quite excited by this and tried it out. However License Manager and hence any licenced 3rd party plugin will not work without a MySB.com account. Is there any chance once 7.8 comes out of Beta that this can be remedied. While it may be a year or two away eventually MySB.com is going to come to an end
    Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.0 - 1408216432 @ Tue Aug 19 04:02:47 UTC 2014
    Operating system: Debian - EN - utf8 Platform Architecture: x86_64-linux
    Perl Version: 5.18.2 - x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi
    Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.34_01 (sqlite 3.7.7.1)

One SB Touch connected by ethernet - Denon AVR -1912 Receiver, Paradigm 4.1 speakers
    Two SB Radio wireless

Quote Originally Posted by SlimChances View Post
    I am quite excited by this and tried it out. However License Manager and hence any licenced 3rd party plugin will not work without a MySB.com account. Is there any chance once 7.8 comes out of Beta that this can be remedied. While it may be a year or two away eventually MySB.com is going to come to an end
    I plan to eventually release a new version of License Manager plugin/applet which doesn't rely on mysqueezebox.com, so you don't have to worry about this dependency.
    Erland Isaksson (My homepage)
    (Developer of many plugins/applets (both free and commercial).
    If you like to encourage future presence on this forum and/or third party plugin/applet development, consider purchasing some plugins)

Interested in the future of music streaming ? ickStream - A world of music at your fingertips.

Excellent Erland
    I know many are jumping ship to SONOS and other players but I really don't know why. Squeezeboxs work better than just about anything currently available. Until all my hardware fails I will continue using it. Now with the near certainty that internet radio will work without MySB.com there is really no reason to leave this excellent hardware.
    Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.0 - 1408216432 @ Tue Aug 19 04:02:47 UTC 2014

One SB Touch connected by ethernet - Denon AVR -1912 Receiver, Paradigm 4.1 speakers
    Two SB Radio wireless

I am running into some minor issues with Custom Browse. If I try choosing decades in my FLAC collection the server will crash if I choose a decade with a lot of tracks (in my case the 70's). I imagine there might be 5000-7000 FLAC tracks in that category and if I try it with my MP3 collection there is a delay but eventually I get a playlist 64 pages long in the server window (web interface) which does play. Is this simply a matter of the FLACs being large files and too numerous or is there something I can do to make it work in such instances.
    edit:I have two libraries MP3 and FLAC
    Last edited by SlimChances; 2013-03-13 at 09:29.

Two SB Radio wireless

I am running into some minor issues with Custom Browse. If I try choosing decades in my FLAC collection the server will crash if I choose a decade with a lot of tracks (in my case the 70's). I imagine there might be 5000-7000 FLAC tracks in that category and if I try it with my MP3 collection there is a delay but eventually I get a playlist 64 pages long in the server window (web interface) which does play. Is this simply a matter of the FLACs being large files and too numerous or is there something I can do to make it work in such instances.
    edit:I have two libraries MP3 and FLAC
    How does the menu configuration look like for the menu you are using ?

What kind of hardware do you use on the server ? CPU ? Memory ?

The size of the FLAC files shouldn't matter but if you have a browse menu that lists all songs in a decade the number of items listed could possibly be an issue. In this case I would suggest to define a menu that have a album/tracks or artist/album/tracks structure instead so you get less number of items on a certain menu level.
    If you like to encourage future presence on this forum and/or third party plugin/applet development, consider purchasing some plugins)

Interested in the future of music streaming ? ickStream - A world of music at your fingertips.

Menu is is default. I have two libraries FLAC and MP3, each is divided into artist,album,genre, decade,year,playlists and new albums. There is also the same structure above MP3 & FLAC governing all music and Music Folder

The computer has an Intel i7 3770K CPU and 16 GB DDR 3 Ram so shouldn't be a problem there

I will play around with it. Would I proceed by creating a new menu under FLAC somehow?
    I have attached a screenshot which shows an error I made 1st try, which changed FLAC/Decades to Publish/Delete under Manage Menus. Should I be doing anything about that? It is still the original menu configuration

edit: I am trying to get through the wiki which explains all this ; I will spend some time experimenting , the worst outcome is I may have to delete the Custom Browse preference file and start over
    Last edited by SlimChances; 2013-03-13 at 14:28.

Two SB Radio wireless

Erland
    Setting up a menu option "Albums by Decade" solved the matter. Thanks for your help
    Last edited by SlimChances; 2013-03-14 at 19:14.

Two SB Radio wireless

Disappearing Artwork

Ran a couple of Album by Decade playlists to give the new menu option a whirl and on the second try the Artwork diappeared(from the web interface, the now playing and custom clock screensaver. The artwork was still there on the touch if I went to the playlist of songs, just not on the now playing screen. I tried stopping and restarting the server, quick scan and finally a complete rescan before I got things back to normal. I will post if this happens again

ed: ....and same thing happened all over again. Deleted .db files in cache and rescanned. There must be something wrong with the way I set up "Album by Decade"
    Last edited by SlimChances; 2013-03-14 at 19:13.

Two SB Radio wireless

Ran a couple of Album by Decade playlists to give the new menu option a whirl and on the second try the Artwork diappeared(from the web interface, the now playing and custom clock screensaver. The artwork was still there on the touch if I went to the playlist of songs, just not on the now playing screen. I tried stopping and restarting the server, quick scan and finally a complete rescan before I got things back to normal. I will post if this happens again

ed: ....and same thing happened all over again. Deleted .db files in cache and rescanned. There must be something wrong with the way I set up "Album by Decade"
    Feels really strange that the decade menu should have anything to do with this.
    Do you get any errors in the server.log file when it happens ?
    I assume you have checked so you aren't running out of disk space or something similar ? The SQLite database can sometimes create temporary files that can use a bit of space.