Announce: Spicefly SugarCube (Automatic MusicIP DJ)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nonreality
    • Feb 2008

Ok I think I figured out that you just edit in the configeration variable section. I did and it went back to the play 1 sec and it makes a long playlist and goes song to song playing a sec of each. Here is what I've changed.

$mymip = "http://localhost:10002/";
    $mystyle = "&style=140";
    $myvariety=&variety=2";
    $myfilter = "&filter=";
    $myss = "http://localhost:9000/";

It does the same if I try to play an album also. Hopefully you can see whats wrong. I'm running musicIP headless the port is right. It's all in the right folder. SC is seeing and using it evidently. It is making mix, just all at once.
    If the rule you followed brought you to this, of what use is the rule.

HTTP://www.last.fm/user/nonreality

Comment

• Zevs
      • Aug 2006

Thanks Spicefly for this!

I'm using SC 7.1 on Vista and it seems to work fine. Really cool! I need to play around with the config settings a bit more though. Noticed that in the Plugin list it says: Spicefly SugarCube (v0.6) instead of v1.0

Zevs

Comment

• Nonreality
        • Feb 2008

Musicip 1.9

I just remembered that I'm using MusicIp 1.9 beta 5 and that is probably why it's not working. I wonder if there is an easy fix, I'd really like to use this. I don't know what going back to 1.8 would entail? Plus it seems that the new version is much faster at validating so I'd like to stay with it. Hopefully someone with more knowledge will get it working with 1.9.

Comment

• cparker
          • Oct 2005

Hi nonreality and friends,

I upgraded my deathrig to MIP1.9b5 and it works without any issues. (or seems to so far)

If its bouncing tracks every few seconds it sounds more like you have shuffle mode turned on, in which case it will all go downhill quite rapidly unless you turn shuffle off

Also ONLY select a single track, dont add an album it will get confused tracking the playlist.. album mixing may come later but not for now.

Regarding Linux question.. no idea I dont run Linux, but let me know if it works or not
          Last edited by cparker; 2008-06-26, 16:46. Reason: Changes to plugin
          www.spicefly.com - ** Spicefly SugarCube ** - A hassle free acoustic journey through your music library using MusicIP. Plus the finest MusicIP installation guides, enhanced MIP Interface and SpyGlass MIP the Windows Automated MusicIP Headless Installer.

Comment

• Phil Meyer
            • Apr 2005

Announce: Spicefly SugarCube (AutomaticMusicIP DJ)

>I just remembered that I'm using MusicIp 1.9 beta 5 and that is probably
            >why it's not working.

I am using MIP 1.9 beta 5 and SC 7.2 and it's working fine for me.

Comment

• Phil Meyer
              • Apr 2005

>It would play about 1 sec of a song and
              >switch to another over and over and finally after about 20 songs it
              >locked into one.

I saw a similar thing happen this morning. My alarm fired, which is set to play random songs. SugarCube really messes this up, causing songs to skip after a fraction of a second.

I then tried browsing to an album to play a single song, and SC decided to play add the whole album to the current playlist, which also didn't work too well. I'm guessing its the damn SqueezeNetwork integration again messing up my preferences. I'm fed up with that; will find a way to disable SN I think.

So, ensure that you are only attempting to play a single song, and hopefully it will work.

Phil

Comment

• Phil Meyer
                • Apr 2005

>I am currently running SC 7.2. I tweaked the install.xml to set maxVersion=*. The plugin seems to load without any errors, but doesn't seem to work.
                >
                >I browse to a song, press play, it starts to play and then finishes, and that's it. No errors or warnings are reported.

Version 1.1 of your plugin (removal of CAUTH string) fixed that.

Comment

• Michael Herger
                  Babelfish's Best Boy
                  • Apr 2005

> # MIP name and Port
                  > If its all on the same box use something like

Did you ever get SC/MIP integration working in a situation where they are
                  _not_ on the same machine? The port can be read from the prefs (port).

> # SqueezeCentre name and Port
                  > If its all on the same box use something like
                  > $myss = "http://localhost:9000/";

This really shouldn't be needed. As this code is run in SC itself, it's
                  always localhost. And the port can be read from the prefs (httpport).

And you don't even need to access SC's web interface.

> # MIP Style - RANGE IS 0..200 (DEFAULT 20)
                  > # MIP Variety - RANGE IS 0...9 (DEFAULT 0)
                  > MIP Filter

These values are available from the prefs, too (mix_style, mix_variety,
                  mix_filter). Users can change these through the web UI.

> Regarding Linux question.. no idea I dont run Linux, but let me know if
                  > it works or not

It's all SC code. So yes, I'd be surprised if it didn't work on any
                  platform SC is running on.

cparker - you'd do yourself and your users a great favour if you used the
                  information available in SC. There's really no need for them to fiddle
                  with the code. And thus less confusion on the user's side.

Michael
                  Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"
                  (LMS: Settings/Information)

Comment

• Michael Herger
                    Babelfish's Best Boy
                    • Apr 2005

> I then tried browsing to an album to play a single song, and SC decided
                    > to play add the whole album to the current playlist, which also didn't
                    > work too well.

Please note that SugarCube will fully take over your system. AFAICT it
                    will _always_ kick in, whenever you play a track. I'd expect a lot of
                    unexpected bahaviour using it.

> I'm guessing its the damn SqueezeNetwork integration again messing up my
                    > preferences. I'm fed up with that; will find a way to disable SN I
                    > think.

You'll be happy to find a preference to do this.

Michael
                    Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"
                    (LMS: Settings/Information)

Comment

• Phil Meyer
                      • Apr 2005

>*To Do List*

>Web interface? - Not sure seems a lot of work for stuff that wont
                      >change after initial setup

Did you mean web interface, or webUI settings page?

>Enable/Disable - Something like hold the play button and select
                      >SugarCube and then off it goes, otherwise always be disabled

I think the way to go would be to make a SugarCube mixer. i.e. pres-and-hold play, and you will get a list of mixers; from the list pick SugarCube, and away it goes, until you stop SugarCube. You should be able to crib the code from the official MusicIP plugin, which adds a MusicIP mixer to songs, albums, artists, genres. Only show the SugarCube mixer for songs that have the mixer enabled property, so that you can't attempt to seed a song that's not validated.

It would be really nice to also have the option to change the variety and style from the player UI. Either like the official MIP plugin does (when starting a mix), or perhaps even better as a settings page under Extras menu.

You will also need an option to stop sugarcube! eg. Extras -> SugarCube -> Stop mixing.

>Play tracking - Keep track of played tracks to reduce duplicates

Adding <n> songs to the end of the playlist after <n> songs have played may be easier/better. You wouldn't get duplicates in the <n> songs if you request them in one go from MIP?

>Add Schedule filters - ie. multiple filters such as more dance during
                      >day and start sending more chilled tracks in evening

Could add a player UI setting option to change filter. The current settings could be read just before requesting new tracks from MIP.

>Multi user filters - So multiple users can have different filter and
                      >selection criteria, so if your wife is at home she isnt treated to drum
                      >and bass but gets nice Kate Bush tracks

Partially solved by selectable player UI settings (per-player).

It's probably worth waiting until SC supports personas, as many plugins/settings could do with per-user settings.

Comment

• Phil Meyer
                        • Apr 2005

>You'll be happy to find a preference to do this.
                        Never noticed it before.

What I'd really like is just to stop SN from trying to "sync" preferences. It's nice to have SN as a backup music service. But it only syncs down from SN to SC, and there lies the problem in that SC will always have more options than SC and therefore loses local settings. It would be nice to sync both ways too, so My Radio Stations for example can be configured locally and would then be available in SN.

Comment

• Phil Meyer
                          • Apr 2005

>These values are available from the prefs, too (mix_style, mix_variety,
                          >mix_filter). Users can change these through the web UI.

It would be nice if these were configurable from a player UI. I'm still tinkering with the style and variety to get nice mixes - I'm finding that mixes vary too much at the moment. It would be nice to be able to adjust the mix settings on the fly from a player. An alternative easier to use player settings page could perhaps give a list of preset mix styles such as "No variety" to "nearly random"; each name representing variety and style values.

Comment

• Nonreality
                            • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Philip Meyer
                            >I just remembered that I'm using MusicIp 1.9 beta 5 and that is probably
                            >why it's not working.

I am using MIP 1.9 beta 5 and SC 7.2 and it's working fine for me.
                            Hmmm I'm not running shuffle and it's doing the 1 sec skip thing. I think I have it set up right looking at your post. I'm running 7.1 is the only difference. So if I wanted to play an album I would have to shut off the plugin and stop and restart SC? That wouldn't work for me as I listen to albums more than mixes.
                            Last edited by Nonreality; 2008-06-26, 09:44.

Comment

• cparker
                              • Oct 2005

Right here goes Version 1.2

Version 1.2 - Released 26th June 2008
                              Depreciated port name and numbers for MIP and SC, SC no longer required as we inject via different method.

Depreciated unique MIP scalars.

MIP port is read from MIP settings as we assume that MIP is running on the same machine as SC.

MIP Settings are used for the Variety, Filter and Style settings. Plugin is now hands free requiring no configuration.

MIP Settings are read dynamically before selecting the next track, so changes are reflected straight away on the next track selection.

Enable/Disable via Extra Menu - Always starts up disabled by default.

Plugin version SC 7.2 enabled as it appears to work ok :s

Hope this works ok
                              www.spicefly.com - ** Spicefly SugarCube ** - A hassle free acoustic journey through your music library using MusicIP. Plus the finest MusicIP installation guides, enhanced MIP Interface and SpyGlass MIP the Windows Automated MusicIP Headless Installer.

Comment

• Blu3IcE
                                • Oct 2007

Hi there,

i tried to use your plugin with Linux.
                                MusicIp Server is functional, as far as I can see.
                                Plugin is installed correctly.

When I start to play a song, I get this in my log:

[08-06-26 18:14:19.9447] Slim::Control::Request::notify (1963) Error: Failed notify: Couldn't get http://localhost:10002/api/mix?song=...e=25&variety=1 at /usr/share/squeezecenter/Plugins/SugarCube/Plugin.pm line 173.
                                [08-06-26 18:14:26.0365] Slim::Control::Request::notify (1963) Error: Failed notify: Couldn't get http://localhost:10002/api/mix?song=...e=25&variety=1 at /usr/share/squeezecenter/Plugins/SugarCube/Plugin.pm line 173.

Any Idears?

EDIT...
                                Just updated to V1.2
                                Error disappeared in the Log files.
                                But noting happens when I start to play a song.
                                Last edited by Blu3IcE; 2008-06-26, 17:56.
                                System: Debian, Logitech Media Server Version: 8, Community Docker Version
                                Players: Squeezebox v3 @ ARCAM 550 + B&W 603, Squeezebox Radio x2, Squeezebox Boom

Comment

Working...