Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by ronwr View Post
    I was using SoftSqueeze, but after a computer upgrade at work, and now upgrading my SqueezeCenter, I appear to have lost the ability to 1) use SoftSqueeze and 2) listen to my music via an SSH tunnel.

Please help!
    Can you get to your server from other internet clients, but just not from your work computer / network?

Any updates on this? Still impossible to do?

I managed to setup a tunnel to with putty. The local ports 9000 and 3483 are forwarded to the squeezecenter (current nightly) running on ubuntu. It is possible to control the squeezecenter through the web interface and also connect the softsqueeze (version 3.7).

Trying to connect the squeezeplay to 127.0.0.1 (localhost) fails, but the squeezeplay is recognized by the squeezecenter. With the web interface it is possible to play music on squeezeplay, but without the ability to control the volume.

Any hints how to fix this?

Paul

Bump.

Are there any plans to make SqueezePlay (and players based on it, like the Touch) able to work over an SSH tunnel?

Previous devices (Boom, SB3, etc.) are able to do this; it's really unfortunate that SqueezePlay breaks this functionality.

I too, would like to request that the need for UDP in SqueezePlay be removed.

Squeezeslave doesn't use/require UDP and with the port option (-P/--port) you can "punch" a hole through restrictive office firewalls and then use a port redirect on your home firewall to the SBS server port 3483. You don't even need to use ssh.
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 4-Classics, 2-Booms, 1-Reverted UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    Squeezeslave doesn't use/require UDP and with the port option (-P/--port) you can "punch" a hole through restrictive office firewalls and then use a port redirect on your home firewall to the SBS server port 3483. You don't even need to use ssh.
    That doesn't help those of use who are trying to get physical players based on SqueezePlay working over SSH.

Anyway, SoftSqueeze works over SSH (in fact has a built-in client).

I figured a workaround for this and posted a bunch of links at http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...946#post696946. I hope people don't mind me posting this twice in the forums, but I hope this helps people struggling figure out their issues!