I've now managed to get my TS-109 to play aac+ internet streams
however I seem to be unable to get it to play any aac or aac+ files from my music folder (These files are .m4a files). When I try to play them it says something along the lines of PROBLEM UNABLE TO PLAY FILE.
Presumably there must be something that needs to be set in a configuration file somewhere, to tell slimserver that these are aac+ files that should be played using mplayer.
Anyway I'd better explain how I have got my TS-109 to play aac+ at all, so that perhaps somebody would be able to tell what I have missed out.
First I set up AlienBBC in the usual way (so that I would have a working version of mplayer). I then added some lines to the configuration files for AlienBBC, based upon some instructions that used to be on a Wikki page. Unfortunatly that page doesn't seem to be on the web any more, but I had a copy of it on my hard drive. The additions I made were as follows:
At the end of custom-convert.conf I added:
# Lines added to hopefully get AACPlus working
aap wav * *
[mplayer-stdout] -ac faad -demuxer aac -really-quiet -vc null -vo null -cache 64 -af volume=0,resample=44100:0:1,channels=2 -ao pcm:nowaveheader:file=/dev/fd/4 $FILE$ 4>&1 1>/dev/null
aap mp3 * *
[mplayer-stdout] -ac faad -demuxer aac -really-quiet -vc null -vo null -cache 64 -af volume=0,resample=44100:0:1,channels=2 -ao pcm:nowaveheader:file=/dev/fd/4 $FILE$ 4>&1 1>/dev/null | [lame] --silent -r -x -q $QUALITY$ -b $BITRATE$ - -
aap flc * *
[mplayer-stdout] -ac faad -demuxer aac -really-quiet -vc null -vo null -cache 64 -af volume=0,resample=44100:0:1,channels=2 -ao pcm:nowaveheader:file=/dev/fd/4 $FILE$ 4>&1 1>/dev/null | [flac] -cs --totally-silent --endian=little --channels=2 --sign=signed --bps=16 --sample-rate=44100 --compression-level-0 -
At the end of custom-types.conf I added:
#Line added to try and get aac+ to work
aap aax audio/aacp,audio/aac audio
I also added to the end of Strings.txt:
# Line added to hopefully get AACPlus working
I don't think this last change is actually working, as when I play aac+ internet streams the file format is listed as AAP instead of AACplus. This shouldn't however affect the playback, just the description of the file format.
Perhaps somebody who knows more about mplayer and SSODS could comment upon what might be wrong, or whether there is a better method of setting this up.
Oh forgot to mention, (just in case this is not obvious from he title)
I'm using SSODS-TS Beta 10 and Squeezecente 7.
Also forgot to add a few more points.
I did have MrHyde's USB swap installed, and changing the config fils on the USB drive seemed to prevent SSODS/SS from starting up properly. So I set it all back to load from my TDs hard drive instead.
Then after making the config changes on my hard drive I simply stopped and then restarted SS from port 9099. That made the aac+ internet streams work. They stutter a bit for the first few seconds but then seem to play OK.
I'm now in the process of doing the MrHyde USB swap thing again, recopying everything from the hard drive to the USB drive. I'm hoping that this way I can get aac+ and the USB swap both working at the same time.
Results 1 to 3 of 3
2008-05-21, 14:56 #1
- Join Date
- Oct 2006
- Surrey UK
AAC+ On SSODS/Squeezecentre7 (TS-109)
Last edited by RichardEvans; 2008-05-21 at 15:17.
2008-05-22, 02:48 #2Check out flipflip's Squeezebox Server On (some) DiskStation (SSODS) and on (some) TurboStations (SSOTS) and some other devices! Please do NOT file SSODS bugs in (SD's) bugzilla. Use the forums. And only the forums. Thanks.
2008-05-22, 18:38 #3
- Join Date
- Oct 2006
- Surrey UK
It's now almost perfect. I can play aac/aac+ from m4a files, as well as being able to play aac+ internet streams.
The only small thing is that it still lists the file format, while playing aac+ internet streams, as AAP, not as AACplus. Not that I'm bothered about this, but I thought I should point out that there still seems to be a problem with strings.txt.