Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

"Wrong" language in SB3 screensaver

I am using a Squeezebox Classic, connected to a ReadyNAS Duo running version 7.01 of SC. I have set the web interface language to Swedish, and all text on the Squeezebox when powered on is in Swedish. However, when in standby mode, I have set the Squeezebox to show the day and date, eg, Sunday 17 March 2008. This particular text is displayed in English. When I power on the SB, it welcomes me in Swedish.

Before I got the ReadyNAS, I ran the SC on my iMac with Swedish OSX, and then the stand-by text was also in Swedish.

Could this be due to that the ReadyNAS uses English as interface language?

Thanks for suggestions!

Balahir

Quote Originally Posted by balahir View Post
    I am using a Squeezebox Classic, connected to a ReadyNAS Duo running version 7.01 of SC. I have set the web interface language to Swedish, and all text on the Squeezebox when powered on is in Swedish. However, when in standby mode, I have set the Squeezebox to show the day and date, eg, Sunday 17 March 2008. This particular text is displayed in English. When I power on the SB, it welcomes me in Swedish.

Before I got the ReadyNAS, I ran the SC on my iMac with Swedish OSX, and then the stand-by text was also in Swedish.

Could this be due to that the ReadyNAS uses English as interface language?

Thanks for suggestions!

Balahir
    The date/time screensaver is dependant on the OS language of the server.
    You can choose the display format in SC but not the language of the date/time elements.
    If you can't run the ReadyNAS with a different locale than english you're probably out of luck.

-s.

Thanks for your reply, Slimpy. I was afraid that this was the case. I guess I will try to find another screensaver... Apart from this, I think the SB3 is absolutely great!!!

Hi,

i've got the same problem with a QNAP NAS. I've generated the locales manually and that worked. Now flipflip implemented it into his SSODS.

If you are familar with linux, you could do this also for the ReadyNas.

mr_hyde
    2 x Squeezebox 3 - 1 x Squeezebox Touch - SSOTS 4.14 - Squeezecenter 7.7.3 - QNAP TS439 Pro (3.6.3) - 4 x 500 GB Hitachi (RAID5)

Quote Originally Posted by mr_hyde View Post
    Hi,

i've got the same problem with a QNAP NAS. I've generated the locales manually and that worked. Now flipflip implemented it into his SSODS.

If you are familar with linux, you could do this also for the ReadyNas.

mr_hyde
    Thanks mr hyde, but I am not familiar with linux. If any programmer reads this, could it be fixed? As soon as I turn on the SB3, I am greeted i Swedish. Why can't the date/time screensaver be shown in Swedish?
    Last edited by balahir; 2008-05-15 at 11:20.