Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 47 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3745464748 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    I know the issue. It is specific to the Squeezplay class of user interface (i.e. not WebUI and not old IP3K SB players). It is on the todo list (near the bottom as it wasn't requested for many years) and had thought about it when doing 1.09 but it looked like there was no quick fix so fix didn't make it to 1.09. It is an area of LMS that I don't know well and IIRC the plugin was written before some parts of LMS API were improved - so there is a question of rewriting a lot of code to fix this one point.

I'll try to look at it as it seem there has been a resurgence of CDplayer downloads.
    Yes, it's definitely the Squeezeplay interface (squeezebox, squeezepad and ipeng tested here). We pretty much only use those so it would be great if this worked. I'm not familiar with the codebase but I might be able to help if I'm pointed in the right direction.

Henk

Quote Originally Posted by epoch1970 View Post
    FYI, to get cdda2wav on debian, install icedax (and perhaps make a soft link from /usr/bin/icedax to /usr/bin/cdda2wav; in my case /usr/bon/cdda2wav is not there, I had to add the link myself)
    On Arch it looks like "cdrkit" contains cdda2wav.
    How to you make the softlink? I've installed icedax, but I don't have /usr/bin/cdda2wav (I do have cdda2mp3 and cdda2ogg).

Quote Originally Posted by rickwookie View Post
    How to you make the softlink? I've installed icedax, but I don't have /usr/bin/cdda2wav (I do have cdda2mp3 and cdda2ogg).
    The "ln" (lowercase letter L lowercase Letter N) command can be used to make hard or soft links - read the man page.

Alternative is edit the custom-convert.conf file in the CDpolugin directory and change "[cdda2wav]" to "[icedax]". You would need to do this edit each time plugin is installed.

The "ln" (lowercase letter L lowercase Letter N) command can be used to make hard or soft links - read the man page.

Alternative is edit the custom-convert.conf file in the CDpolugin directory and change "[cdda2wav]" to "[icedax]". You would need to do this edit each time plugin is installed.
    Thanks, yes, I've now done
    Code:
    ln -s /usr/bin/icedax /usr/bin/cdda2wav
    Still getting the Cannot access the cdrom drive message on the squeezebox though. If I run from the command line, /usr/bin/cdda2wav -D /dev/cdrom , the CD spins up and I see ripping progress in the terminal output. Looks like a permission issue:
    Code:
    Plugins::CDplayer::CDhandler::cdromstatus (1134) Cannot open device: /dev/cdrom error:Permission denied (13)
    However
    Code:
    ls -l /usr/bin/cdda2wav
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 15 Mar  3 21:58 /usr/bin/cdda2wav -> /usr/bin/icedax
    Last edited by rickwookie; 2017-03-04 at 02:27.

The error says cannot access the CDrom device.

When LMS runs it runs under a different userid. Has that userid got permission to access to the /dev/cdrom device (e.g. what are the permission for /dev/cdrom ? is the LMS userid a member of relevant group) ?

Is lMS being run as a service ? Some systems do not allow services to access hardware

The error says cannot access the CDrom device.

When LMS runs it runs under a different userid. Has that userid got permission to access to the /dev/cdrom device (e.g. what are the permission for /dev/cdrom ? is the LMS userid a member of relevant group) ?

Is lMS being run as a service ? Some systems do not allow services to access hardware
    Yes, sorry I was looking at the permissions for cdda2wav/icedax, but yes /dev/cdrom is root root and /dev/sr0 is root cdrom (I've now pointed the plugin to /dev/sr0) and lms is running under uid 106 which, looking at /etc/passwd shows it's user squeezeboxserver, so looking at the info here: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...l=1#post727519 I've now added squeezeboxserver to the group cdrom using
    Code:
    adduser squeezeboxserver cdrom
    but I'm still getting the same permission error in the log.

Edit: Ignore that last part, just rebooted the server and it's working! Thanks bpa! Now if only I could get the drive to eject the CD using the eject button. Right now I have to SSH into the server to issue the eject command, which isn't exactly family friendly. :-(
    Last edited by rickwookie; 2017-03-04 at 04:51.

Ok I've fixed my eject issue too now by appending sys.dev.cdrom.lock=0 to the end of /etc/sysctl.conf

CD Import pluggin

Hi, I tested CDplayer pluggin and works fine.

I would like to use the CD Import pluggin also but I can't install it: Is it an abandonned pluggin because I can't install it?

Sorry to disturb here, but can't post in the CD Import thread http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...to-the-library.

Thanks for answer.

Cdplayer plugin in LMS picoreplayer player for RPi3

Cdplayer plugin in LMS picoreplayer player for RPi3
    Now my RPI3b already install cdplayer 1.09 plugin and insert the CD-ROM through USB IN MY RPI3 with ext power supplier but still cannot listen CD through LMS on RPI3B, I need to install CDDA2WAV in my LMS picoreplayer but how I can install through win10

Can anybody help me how to setup step by step because I don't have any Linux system also I just want to listen cd directly in RPI3b LMS not other server.
    i really need this function many many thanks for help

I'm confused about the reference to WIndows ?

Is LMS running on RPI3 ?
    Is CD player plugged into Rpi