Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Unicode? char display problems in squeezenetworks when playing files from mp3tunes

I'm having a weird issue with displaying tags from some vorbis/ogg-files streaming via squeezenetwork from mp3tunes.

The files in question are vorbis-files with unicode-tags (I should believe) that displays strange when they are displayed in

1) the "Now playing"-section when browsing my mp3tunes locker. Fnnily they are displayed correctly under the locker-window. [See attached image]
    2) On the controller when playing, though not when browsing the locker via the controller
    3) Finally when they are reported to last.fm from squeezenetwork.

The issue appears with accented chars - tested with the 'Amelie'-soundtrack - and danish 'Š°ňĂě┼' chars. Probably also with other non-us chars, though I haven't tested those yet.

Anyone having an explanation?

EDIT: I've found out the problem persist even when streaming the locker through SqueezeCenter. Guess it's an mp3tunes issue and will also try asking on their boards.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by petros; 2008-04-20 at 09:22. Reason: Seems the problem also is when run through SC.

Semi-congrats. It seems the issue is fixed with the display in the Squeezenetwork-browser, but the last.fm-submissions are still broken it seems.