Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Unicode? char display problems in squeezenetworks when playing files from mp3tunes

I'm having a weird issue with displaying tags from some vorbis/ogg-files streaming via squeezenetwork from mp3tunes.

The files in question are vorbis-files with unicode-tags (I should believe) that displays strange when they are displayed in

1) the "Now playing"-section when browsing my mp3tunes locker. Fnnily they are displayed correctly under the locker-window. [See attached image]
    2) On the controller when playing, though not when browsing the locker via the controller
    3) Finally when they are reported to last.fm from squeezenetwork.

The issue appears with accented chars - tested with the 'Amelie'-soundtrack - and danish 'Š°ňĂě┼' chars. Probably also with other non-us chars, though I haven't tested those yet.

Anyone having an explanation?

EDIT: I've found out the problem persist even when streaming the locker through SqueezeCenter. Guess it's an mp3tunes issue and will also try asking on their boards.
    Last edited by petros; 2008-04-20 at 09:22. Reason: Seems the problem also is when run through SC.

Semi-congrats. It seems the issue is fixed with the display in the Squeezenetwork-browser, but the last.fm-submissions are still broken it seems.