Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

"All Songs" alphabetically

When browsing by artist, a right click gives a list of all albums. The top item of the list is "All songs". Long time ago "All songs"-list was listed alphabetically - now the tracks are listed album by album. The old sorting was very useful when you knew the artist but not the album of a certain song - now it's pretty useless! Anyone knows how to get the old behaviour back?

You have special context-click (right-click) functionality when browsing Slim Center's web interface?

Um, I think he means right-arrow on the remote.

Quote Originally Posted by gorma View Post
    When browsing by artist, a right click gives a list of all albums. The top item of the list is "All songs". Long time ago "All songs"-list was listed alphabetically - now the tracks are listed album by album. The old sorting was very useful when you knew the artist but not the album of a certain song - now it's pretty useless! Anyone knows how to get the old behaviour back?
    Vote for this bug? :-/
    http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=7058

-Peter
    owner of the stuff that used to reside at http://www.tux.org/~peterw/
    Note: The best way to reach me is email or PM, as I don't spend time on the forums.
    Free plugins: AllQuiet Auto Dim/AutoDisplay BlankSaver ContextMenu DenonSerial
    FuzzyTime KidsPlay KitchenTimer PlayLog PowerCenter/BottleRocket SaverSwitcher
    SettingsManager SleepFade StatusFirst SyncOptions VolumeLock

I agree. Under Artists => <Artist> => All songs, the entire list should be alphabetical and not grouped by album. How many people remember a song by what album it was on? I don't understand the thinking here. At least make "sort alphabetically" for All Songs an option.