Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Question

Has anyone a cronjob script/plugin for SSODS which could start and stop Squeezecenter at regular times.
    I listen music only at daytime with Squeecenter installed on the DS107+.
    With this plugin the Synology can at least in the night go to sleep.

ps If I manually stop Squeezecenter with SSODS the DS107+ goes to sleep.

SSODS comes with a crond, which is disabled by default. There's an example crontab in /volume1/SSODS/etc and there's a cron start/stop script in /volume1/SSODS/etc/init.d. You would have to link that to S??cron so that cron is started with SSODS. See how e.g. thttpd-ssods is linked and link cron similarly. Pick any number for ??, e.g. S42cron should be fine.
    Also remember that there are man pages in SSODS: the command "man 5 crontab" explains the system in detail. And there's a log file in /volume1/SSODS/var/log/cron.log

I use the crontab to make backups, download podcasts, update locate's database and other stuff. Works very well.

There's also a system crontab in /etc/crontab. This works, too, but might be reset when upgrading the firmware and as far as I know when changing certain settings in the DSM.

Smile

FlipFlip thanks for your fast reaction.
    I will study on that.
    If i have have everything working, i will publicate it in this forum.
    Greetings Wowo

Smile

Flipflip I have choosen for the solution in the system crontab, because I did not understand the linking.
    This is what I have done.
    I have added the following 2 lines in the file crontab in /etc :
    0 2 * * * root sh /volume1/SSODS/etc/init.d/S80slimserver stop
    0 8 * * * root sh /volume1/SSODS/etc/init.d/S80slimserver start

This will stop Squeezecenter at 2 hours in the night, and will start Squeezecenter at 8 o'clock in the morning.
    My synology ds107+ can now sleep for 6 hours every day.

But still, making the DS sleep at a preconfigured time doesn't cut it for me. What if you're having a party or something like that, then the DS will shut down at 2 o'clock, eventhough you're using the disk or what?

Another small question, how are you accessing the systemfiles on the DS? I'm trying to install the iPeng plugin for the SC, but can't find a way to access the files. They mention doing it via the File Station, but I'm only seeing my own folders, not the root or system folders...

Quote Originally Posted by mattias.dk View Post
    But still, making the DS sleep at a preconfigured time doesn't cut it for me. What if you're having a party or something like that, then the DS will shut down at 2 o'clock, eventhough you're using the disk or what?
    With the 3rdparty application cronjob (or newcron), you can change easily in DSM the start/stop times if you have a party. ps 3rdparty has nothing to do with a normal party.
    Another small question, how are you accessing the systemfiles on the DS? I'm trying to install the iPeng plugin for the SC, but can't find a way to access the files. They mention doing it via the File Station, but I'm only seeing my own folders, not the root or system folders...
    Enable in DSM (network services/terminal)SSH service, then with the program putty you can login (root and password). Password is the same as password for admin. ps Tweaking is at your own risk.

If the crontab tweak is the only working solution right not, that would maybe be the way I would go too then - I'll try it out
    Which Squeezebox version are you using? The oldschool one from Slim?

Thanks for the heads up on putty, I'll download it and give it a shot

Edit:
    I've got putty up and running, but terminal coding isn't my strongest side.
    Isn't possible to access the root files in a more foldertree-like way?
    I just need to copy one folder from my harddrive to a folder on the NAS, or are you able to tell me the command?

Haven't done terminal coding since DOS
    Last edited by mattias.dk; 2009-03-20 at 04:25.

Which Squeezebox version are you using? The oldschool one from Slim?
    SSODS 3.15; Squeezecenter Versie: 7.3.2 - 24695
    Isn't possible to access the root files in a more foldertree-like way?
    I just need to copy one folder from my harddrive to a folder on the NAS, or are you able to tell me the command?
    Synology DS is an Linux-server (and Nas) so you should use Linux commando's.
    See Google. For me it works fine and very fast.
    For instance:
    To move the file into another directory:
    mv file dir1
    If you want to rename the file to file2 and move it into another directory, you probably already figured out the command:
    mv file dir1/file2

Thanks for your answer again..

I've been trying to find some Linux commands to copy from my harddrive to the NAS, but haven't been succesful - do you have some help for me?

I need to copy the folder from my harddrive on the computer to the plugins folder in SC on the NAS.

Is it easier if I connect a USB memorystick to the NAS with the folder/files on it?

Cheers

Edit:
    Finally - got it working with my USB-drive, didn't think about that possibility before
    And five seconds after that, I found that the SC software has a plugin installation section, where iPeng gets downloaded directly - perfect timing!
    Strange that this isn't mentioned anywhere...
    Last edited by mattias.dk; 2009-04-03 at 16:28.