Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks for the heads-up.

I could not for the life of me figure out what was going on with the "new and changed" scan rescanning the whole library.

Bump. A reminder for anyone running LMS under Windows:

Run a full "clear library & rescan everything" following a time change to or from Daylight Savings Time. Otherwise, the next new & changed scan may rescan the whole library, which is typically much slower than doing a full scan.

Been there, done that.

Any ideas why new and changed scans following the DST switch always find half the number of modified tracks compared to the previous scan? (http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...l=1#post760952)

Quote Originally Posted by castalla View Post
    DST today only applies to parts of Canada, USA, Haiti, Bahamas & Bermuda and part of Greenland.

Everybody else where DST operates can relax until next week - apart from the odd-balls who change on their own eccentric dates!

Southern Hemisphere users - you are on your own timetable!
    Actually, the UK and western Europe (at least) changed to standard time last week. For a week we here in Toronto were only 4 hours earlier than London. Back to the normal 5 now.

R

Quote Originally Posted by JJZolx View Post
    Bump. A reminder for anyone running LMS under Windows:

Run a full "clear library & rescan everything" following a time change to or from Daylight Savings Time. Otherwise, the next new & changed scan may rescan the whole library, which is typically much slower than doing a full scan.
    I didn't see this in time. My scheduled new and changed scan took 1.5 hours last night. Normally 10 minutes or less. Will it really continue to be slow until I clear and rescan as one post above indicates?

Makes no sense to me, but I will go ahead and change my next scheduled scan to clear and rescan.
    Sue
    "If you're happy and you know it turn the volume up and blow it out."

In Use: 1 Touch | 1 Booms | 6 Radios (Sold: 1 Boom | 1 Duet | 1 SB2)
    HP Proliant N54G | Logitech Media Server 7.9 | iPhone & iPad w/ iPeng
    Find me on Last.FM | Twitter | Rhapsody
    My Journey to Musical Bliss | Squeezebox is Dead. Long Live Squeezebox.

Quote Originally Posted by MeSue View Post
    I didn't see this in time. My scheduled new and changed scan took 1.5 hours last night. Normally 10 minutes or less. Will it really continue to be slow until I clear and rescan as one post above indicates?

Makes no sense to me, but I will go ahead and change my next scheduled scan to clear and rescan.
    yes. bite the bullet and do a clear and rescan.
    Home: VortexBox 4TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
    Office: Win8(64) > LMS 7.9.1 > Squeezelite
    Spares: Transporter, Touch(3), Radio(3), Boom, SB3, CONTROLLER
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

If the new & change scan rescanned every file in the library, then it shouldn't rescan those files again, because the new timestamps would be recorded in the library database. One the other hand, if there's some bug is causing only 1/2 of the files to be scanned each time, then it would keep doing it until it finishes the whole library.

I recall a couple of similar bugs where only half of the tracks expected to be scanned actually do get scanned. Don't know if they're related.

http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=17438

IMO, it's good to run a full rescan periodically anyway.

I changed the scheduler to run clear and rescan tomorrow and then I have a reminder so I don't forget to switch it back.
    Sue
    "If you're happy and you know it turn the volume up and blow it out."

In Use: 1 Touch | 1 Booms | 6 Radios (Sold: 1 Boom | 1 Duet | 1 SB2)
    HP Proliant N54G | Logitech Media Server 7.9 | iPhone & iPad w/ iPeng
    Find me on Last.FM | Twitter | Rhapsody
    My Journey to Musical Bliss | Squeezebox is Dead. Long Live Squeezebox.

Reminder bump.

Quote Originally Posted by JJZolx View Post
    Reminder bump.
    Thanks...I usually remember to do this, but had neglected this time.