Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 19 of 68 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    pms, that looks all a bit unusual to me.

I cannot tell why there are some files missing after installation. You could try to untar all SSODS components manually:

tar -C /volume1/SSODS -xzvf ssods-armv5tejl.tar.gz

Then ssods-noarch.tar.gz, ssods-admin.tar.gz

Check if it throws an error. The installer script *should* abort if there's an error.

About the sudo stuff. The TS cannot do (normal) sudo due to limitations in the system (no real root user etc.). See the script ssods-ts where it removes all sudo calls from some scripts (ssods_cgi-.....sh). Just remove "sudo ", not the rest of the lines. There are about 3 or 4 scripts where it appears (among them: ssods_cgi-install.sh).

http://picasaweb.google.com/moenchp/...84403454437490

i extracted ssods-3.0beta10-armv5tejl.pat and then ssods-admin.tar.gz and copied the missing files to /volume1/SSODS/libexec/ssods and changed properties to execute. In web again this error:

So i extracted the squeezecenter tarball to /volume1/Squeezecenter/.
    That's fine. The install routine does nothing else.

when i start squeezecenter via web, the same error:
    Remove the "sudo " string from ssods_cgi-status.sh (or so, not sure which file).

[/volume1/SSODS/bin] # ./ssctrl start
    Fine. The script (web interface) does: sudo ssctrl start

Because one doesn't actually want to run webservers as root. One better allows passwordless sudo for selected commands (see SSODS/etc/sudoers).

with the output
    i waited one minute and on http://192.168.15.1:9001/ i configured the squeezecenter successfully:
    Excellent. That's what you wanted..

everything is working...except i dont want to run it on port 9001. i tried to change it in the settings but no success.
    what can i do to change the port? whats running on port 9000?
    Put

SSODSEXTRAARGS=

in SqueezeCenter/ssods.conf (compare SSODS/etc/ssods/ssods.conf.local).

here is a screenshot of whats on port 9000:
    That's the media server of the TS. You can disable it (AFAIK). And that's why SC runs on port 9001 on Turbostations. You can also run it on port 12345, it doesn't make a difference, it'll run as expected. You only need to adjust the URL to access SC.

And there's something wrong with your TS if ssods-ts doesn't install it correctly. Check if you really have all the files from the SSODS components (ssods-*.tar.gz).

Regards,
    flip

P.S. An thanks for reporting in detail. It makes helping so much easier.
    Check out flipflip's Squeezebox Server On (some) DiskStation (SSODS) and on (some) TurboStations (SSOTS) and some other devices! Please do NOT file SSODS bugs in (SD's) bugzilla. Use the forums. And only the forums. Thanks.

thank YOU for your great work on the slimserver!
    and thanks again for your help.
    the thing is, i want to stream music to my chumby and it only works on port 9000 with the slimserver. i tested it with the windows squeezecenter. thats why i have to adjust the port on the qnap ts 409. my question is: do i have to change the port of the media server or the queezecenter? and where can i change the port of the mediaserver? does it affect the stream on http://192.168.15.1:9001/classic/stream.mp3 (btw: why is it in "classic" folder and not http://192.168.15.1:9001/stream.mp3 or on port 9000?) ?

Quote Originally Posted by flipflip View Post
    You could try to untar all SSODS components manually:

tar -C /volume1/SSODS -xzvf ssods-armv5tejl.tar.gz

Then ssods-noarch.tar.gz, ssods-admin.tar.gz

Check if it throws an error. The installer script *should* abort if there's an error.
    the untaring of ssods-admin.tar.gz is successful and all files have been extracted. i only could try to "unzip" the pat file, but i dont know how to do that.

pms
    Last edited by pms; 2008-04-05 at 10:58.

Quote Originally Posted by pms View Post
    the thing is, i want to stream music to my chumby and it only works on port 9000 with the slimserver. i tested it with the windows squeezecenter. thats why i have to adjust the port on the qnap ts 409. my question is: do i have to change the port of the media server or the queezecenter? and where can i change the port of the mediaserver? does it affect the stream on http://192.168.15.1:9001/classic/stream.mp3 (btw: why is it in "classic" folder and not http://192.168.15.1:9001/stream.mp3 or on port 9000?) ?
    pms
    this was helpful: https://www.ripcaster.co.uk/node/209
    this build in multimedia server runs on port 9000 and if i disable it, i can use the slimserver on this port. but i didn't found a way to modify this port, any suggestions?

pms

Finally lucky?

After following the latest instructions I now have Squeezecenter installed and running. I think the problem comes from Winzip (and maybe in combination with VISTA) because files extracted this way are blocked from execution which does not happen when unzip is done with WINRAR. The attribute can be changed by changing this attribute under "properties" in the filebrowser. (or extract in WINRAR). Now I just need it to play.

PS do not forget to change the attribute on the patch as well as I guess this will enable the "sudo" to be removed in the TS app.
    Last edited by Danfan; 2008-04-05 at 15:09.

Finally Lucky!!

Quote Originally Posted by Danfan View Post
    After following the latest instructions I now have Squeezecenter installed and running. I think the problem comes from Winzip (and maybe in combination with VISTA) because files extracted this way are blocked from execution which does not happen when unzip is done with WINRAR. The attribute can be changed by changing this attribute under "properties" in the filebrowser. (or extract in WINRAR). Now I just need it to play.

PS do not forget to change the attribute on the patch as well as I guess this will enable the "sudo" to be removed in the TS app.
    Now it runs

Thanks Flipflip for the massive amount of work invested.

Quote Originally Posted by pms View Post
    change the port of the media server or the queezecenter? and where can i change the port of the mediaserver?
    Just disable it (unless you need it).

does it affect the stream on http://192.168.15.1:9001/classic/stream.mp3 (btw: why is it in "classic" folder and not http://192.168.15.1:9001/stream.mp3 or on port 9000?) ?
    No idea. That's SC and not SSODS. The stream should be at the usual location. I've never used that stream URL. Just use the URL that works.

the untaring of ssods-admin.tar.gz is successful and all files have been extracted. i only could try to "unzip" the pat file, but i dont know how to do that.
    The .pat is actually a .tar, so:

tar -xvf something.pat
    Check out flipflip's Squeezebox Server On (some) DiskStation (SSODS) and on (some) TurboStations (SSOTS) and some other devices! Please do NOT file SSODS bugs in (SD's) bugzilla. Use the forums. And only the forums. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Danfan View Post
    Aattribute can be changed by changing this attribute under "properties" in the filebrowser. (or extract in WINRAR).
    No need to change any executable bits using the updated installation instruction where you do "sh ./ssods-ts install ./ssods.pat". The files only need to be readable (and they usually are for root (a.k.a. admin on TS) unless there's something really evil going on). And there's certainly no need to set the x bit on the .pat (which is just a data file, not a script or programme).

FlipFlip:

Awesome!

I've just installed SSOTS on my new QNap TS 409 Pro without the slightest hitch and it rocks!

Excellent implementation and clear instructions.

Thank you.

I have been at it for about 7 hours...

First of all thanks a lot to FlipFlip, Mr Hyde, Rich Simpson, all who have spent so much time on getting SC7 onto the ts.

My situation is as follows - I succesfully installed SC7 using flipflip's beta10 SSODS software.

I have then been going crazy on two issues:

I cannot seem to scan my library. I do have a pretty huge library but I cannot even seem to see any progress.
    My questions are: I noticed that QMultimedia appears in two places when one Browses un "Basic Settings" in SC - it appears in the "root" but also in the /share/Qmultimedia. Which one should I select?
    SlimServer 6.5 had a manual command line launch:
    ./scanner.pl --wipe --progress --d_sql --d_scan --d_parse /ext/Qmultimedia

is there anything similar in SC7? When i tried launching scanner.pl from /volume1/SqueezeCenter I just got
    ./scanner.pl: /usr/bin/perl: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

(As you can imagine I am a total neewb when it comes to Linux)

Even if I can resolve my library problems i still have AlienBBC problems. I was getting no sound, no stuttering, just, for example with bbc7, constant resetting after 0:07 seconds or so.
    Since i used the beta10 I presume i do NOT have to download the mplayer in post #104?
    I have set the FileTypes exactly as per flipflip's post #46
    Under "Network" I have increased the buffer to 20

I saw many threads on the 3rd party plugin's forum, about possible bad settings for Firewalls (like ZA), but, this being an installation on the TS I presume that is not the case. I will next try to put the TS in the DMZ and see if that helps. But any other suggestions?

TIA

Quote Originally Posted by Coppernob View Post
    I cannot seem to scan my library. I do have a pretty huge library but I cannot
    Start with a small library (a couple of albums). And add the rest once you understood how it works.

/share/Qmultimedia. Which one should I select?
    Well, the one that contains your mp3s.. Not sure, but one might be a symlink of the other.

is there anything similar in SC7? When i tried launching scanner.pl from /volume1/SqueezeCenter I just got
    ./scanner.pl: /usr/bin/perl: bad interpreter: No such file or directory
    Because there's no /usr/bin/perl on the TS. Do

/volume1/SSODS/bin/perl /volume1/SqueezeCenter/scanner.pl ....

(As you can imagine I am a total neewb when it comes to Linux)
    You'll need dozens of times more than 7 hours to grok all this stuff.

Even if I can resolve my library problems i still have AlienBBC problems. I
    I suggest that you solve your library problems and then mess around with the more experimental stuff (i.e. transcoding using mplayer). There are many posts about alienbbc/mplayer/rtsp on SSODS.