Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Leigh View Post
    Seriously? - You think these rules are "very strict"? - which of them would you like to violate?
    You know what strikes me about that post more than anything else? The moniker of 'jennifer'. This forum has been going strong for something like 5 years and nobody has registered the name 'jennifer' until just now? Gives you an idea how guy-centric a device like the Squeezebox is and more than just a hint of how geeky it is and why it never took off in the marketplace.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by jennifer View Post
    I am new here, so i had read forums rules, they are very strict.
    pfff they are not strict compared to other forums, they are ok the rules focus the discussions.

On this forum you have .

Fanboys

And a variant of "justice obsession syndrome" people that can badmount the product for years instead of A: get another product B: get a life or C: A & B .

Or look at for example the audiphile forum where people daily claims things about the product performance or behavior that's simply not true .

Try on another companies forum to say that the product s*cks then add some completely false claims about it's technical performance .
    And also insult the devolpers while your at it.

here you can still be a member afterwards

Even obsesissve use of smilies are tolerated

My possitive interpretation is that they find this diparate and weird bunch of people provide something of value after all...

Oh and welcome to the forum .

Btw do you want to place "spam" or ads for something, why do you find the rules a problem.
    After a couple of post you can freely post links, on the first post you can not place links, this is to filter out most of the spamm bot's out there.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
    Misc use: Radio (with battery)
    iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (in storage SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server HP proliant micro server N36L with ClearOS Linux

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

@ Mayank

Hi Mayank (moris),
    Welcome to the forum.
    This post is lost here in this thread. If you have a question, click the "New Thread" button at the top of the "General Discussion" page, and ask your question (don't forget to include a useful title). You'll find you'll get responses fairly quickly!
    Good luck!
    Nick
    Wireless SB3, Denon DRA-F101, Mission M31 loudspeakers
    WinXP SP2 Slimserver, SMC WBR14g router
    http://www.last.fm/user/nicketynick/

Thumbs up Nice prose

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    Our Squeezebox community is growing rapidly, bringing new challenges ... ...do not violate the guidelines spelled out above.
    How very eloquent! Such a polite informative post!
    ANZAC
    My name's an acronym: http://www.anzacday.org.au/

Homebase: SqeezeBox Duet (hybrid); Dell 8400; WD 1TB ExHD (2); Yamaha AX396; Apart SVC4; JBL Control One (5 pairs) 79 core speaker wire

Mobile: rooted SE Xperia X10i; iAudio D2 16GB DAB; Shure SE425

Tracks: 42,639; Albums: 3,905; Artists: 1,662; Genres: 225; Playing Time: 2816 hours 06 min >117 full days worth of tunes!

Simply Electronics.net are Hong Kong based scammers; buyer beware!

pski
    Quote Originally Posted by Mnyb View Post
    pfff
    Fanboys

And a variant of "justice obsession syndrome" people that can badmouth the product for years instead of A: get another product B: get a life or C: A & B .

Or look at for example the audiophile forum where people daily claims things about the product performance or behavior that's simply not true .
    I appreciate both of these.

Ignorance is bliss and there are seemingly popular folks in the "Audiophile" area that simply do not understand HTTW. <How These Things Work>

paul

a

as