Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Flac tag problem

I downloaded three untagged flacs from an internet site. They play fine in MusicMonkey on my computer. I used MusicMonkey to add Artist,Title, AlbumArtist and Album tags to the files. (I later checked with mp3tag... they're there.) I then moved the files to my slimserver music directory and rescanned but the files didn't show up. Any guesses?

Have you tried a clear and full rescan?

What extension is on the file name?

1. Yes
    2. .flac

- copy the offending files to a new place (maybe with a couple of "good" ones)
    - point slimserver just at that place
    - rescan

if it still doesn't work, turn some debugging options on (eg d_scan) and rescan, look at the logfile to see what you get.

If the logfile is cluttered you might want to disable some plugins.

If you need help with doing this, start by saying what slimserver version and OS you are using...

HTH

Quote Originally Posted by jfalk View Post
    I downloaded three untagged flacs from an internet site. They play fine in MusicMonkey on my computer. I used MusicMonkey to add Artist,Title, AlbumArtist and Album tags to the files. (I later checked with mp3tag... they're there.) I then moved the files to my slimserver music directory and rescanned but the files didn't show up. Any guesses?
    What type of tags were added? Typically, vorbis comments are used for tagging FLACs. I'm not sure if slimserver can deal with ID3 (i.e. mp3 tags) on FLAC files.

foobar2000 can be used to create the proper tags on FLAC files.

Quote Originally Posted by maggior View Post
    What type of tags were added? Typically, vorbis comments are used for tagging FLACs. I'm not sure if slimserver can deal with ID3 (i.e. mp3 tags) on FLAC files.

foobar2000 can be used to create the proper tags on FLAC files.
    Potentially misleading comment here. The mp3tag program is well suited for tagging FLAC files correctly, there is no need to use foobar2000.

However mp3tag will read all sorts of tags and if its possible that MediaMonkey would have done something as badly behaved as adding id3 tags to a FLAC file (I don't use it so wouldn't know) then mp3tag will tell you what tag types are attached to the files.

Thanks... didn't get a chance to test yesterday, but I'll post results over the weekend.

Well, it's fixed now, but I'm not sure I know why -- I made a bunch of changes... thanks anyway to all....
    Last edited by jfalk; 2008-01-26 at 09:38.