Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    struts,

btw, I think you would be very happy with a transporter if you get one and the forum over here has a lot of good info.

No DUP songs, but you can't have everything :-)

Until there are a fair number of real 24 bit recordings, its all speculation, but I'd love to do some analysis on what the real signal is on commercially available 24 bit recordings.
    Pat, It's my understanding the Linn and AIX/Itrax recordings are real 24 bit recordings. Would you be interested in having a look at these? I would be very interested in your analysis.

Any news on 24/88.1 compatibility?

Will it be on the new 32-bit Transporter 8-?

Quote Originally Posted by seanadams View Post
    Transporter does not properly support 88.2. Currently if you are hearing it play 88.2, it is because it is being decimated in software.

The crystals were chosen to do 44.1, 96, and fractions thereof. Why not put a crystal fast enough for 88.2 in there? Because when you are trying to minimize jitter, EMI, noise etc, you use the slowest possible clock rates, the least possible amount of clock dividing, etc.

Since demand for 88.2 has now materialized, I will investigate if there is a way to make it do it. It may be possible to do with the existing crystals - certainly the rest of the system (eg the CPU) can handle it since we're doing 96KHz.
    Dear Sean

Any news of the Transporter supporting 88.2?

Kind regards
    Soeren

Founder, Slim Devices seanadams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marlowe View Post
    Dear Sean

Any news of the Transporter supporting 88.2?

Kind regards
    Soeren
    Yes, in about two weeks I will have a beta firmware update that will provide true 88.2 support and also fix some issues with 24/96 FLAC. Also working on adding the "effects loop" and fixing some other low-level bugs related to digital input switching.

Quote Originally Posted by seanadams View Post
    Yes, in about two weeks I will have a beta firmware update that will provide true 88.2 support and also fix some issues with 24/96 FLAC. Also working on adding the "effects loop" and fixing some other low-level bugs related to digital input switching.
    Sounds great!

Sean,
    This is great news. I assume this means the TP, as digital preamp, will play 88.2 via it's digital inputs too (or can it do that now)? Two other TP issues regarding digital, and related to this:
    1) will the firmware address the difficulty in getting Sllimserver hdd music back in play after using a digital input?
    2) Is there now, or can there be, any way to read what sample rate/resolution that the digital input is reading? I ask this cuz I have some digital coming from hirez and folks are telling me Oppo 980 can ouptut hirez (MLP) from digital. If so I wanna use the TP (in my case a tube modified Modwright TP) as 24/96 tube dac. But I have no clue what the Oppo is truly outputting....thx

Ted

Founder, Slim Devices seanadams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ted_b View Post
    Sean,
    This is great news. I assume this means the TP, as digital preamp, will play 88.2 via it's digital inputs too (or can it do that now)?
    That works now.

Two other TP issues regarding digital, and related to this:
    1) will the firmware address the difficulty in getting Sllimserver hdd music back in play after using a digital input?
    Still working on that.

2) Is there now, or can there be, any way to read what sample rate/resolution that the digital input is reading? I ask this cuz I have some digital coming from hirez and folks are telling me Oppo 980 can ouptut hirez (MLP) from digital. If so I wanna use the TP (in my case a tube modified Modwright TP) as 24/96 tube dac. But I have no clue what the Oppo is truly outputting....thx
    The hardware can do it, but some sort of UI to view the information would have to be added. File a bug if you like...

Will the SB be able to do 24/88.2 or 24/96?

Will the Duet play 88.2?