Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Recoveryone View Post
    but I guess bumping up to 5G allowed less traffic and better signal strength for all my Touches in the house
    That's not how WiFi works, moving the server to 5 GHz will not affect the signal strength to your Touches in any way.
    Your Touches clearly had sufficient connection (signal level and data rate) before the changes you made, otherwise they would have been pretty much unusable with music cutting out at irregular intervals. Any improvement over a level that is "good enough" will make the connection more robust, but it will not make any change to what the Touch receives and hence no change to its output.

Imagine the sound improvement if he had USB speakers on his computer and went from USB 1 to USB 3.

Quote Originally Posted by toby10 View Post
    Imagine the sound improvement if he had USB speakers on his computer and went from USB 1 to USB 3.
    Imagine what your life would be if you actually did something worth while
    1st Touch in main HT rig hardwired to router connected

2nd Touch Wirelessly connected (Master Bedroom)

3rd Touch Wirelessly connected (bedroom)

4th Touch wirelessly connected (bedroom)

5th Touch 2 Wirelessly connected (livingroom)

6th Touch 4 Wirelessly connected (downstairs bedroom)

Server (In garage)
    running on Duo Core P4 3.0 GHz 8 gig ram
    Windows 7 pro 64 bit
    350 Xternal gigHD
    1.5 TB backup
    Verizon Fios wireless router w/HG antana

Imagine what your life would be if you actually did something worth while
    Well, toby10's suggestion makes more sense than your 5G one...
    "To try to judge the real from the false will always be hard. In this fast-growing art of 'high fidelity' the quackery will bear a solid gilt edge that will fool many people" - Paul W Klipsch, 1953

Quote Originally Posted by Julf View Post
    Well, toby10's suggestion makes more sense than your 5G one...
    The point is this, I made no comment about anyone's personal level or ability, I even conceded my point with the test results presented by Mnyb. So to make a comment about someone on a personal level (and that was the context of his remark) I returned one in kind. You sound like someone trying to defend Trump, none of my comments were personal in nature, until one was directed at me. In all, if comments remain on topic and not trying to belittle others then flame wars will not cloud the issue at hand.
    1st Touch in main HT rig hardwired to router connected

2nd Touch Wirelessly connected (Master Bedroom)

3rd Touch Wirelessly connected (bedroom)

4th Touch wirelessly connected (bedroom)

5th Touch 2 Wirelessly connected (livingroom)

6th Touch 4 Wirelessly connected (downstairs bedroom)

Server (In garage)
    running on Duo Core P4 3.0 GHz 8 gig ram
    Windows 7 pro 64 bit
    350 Xternal gigHD
    1.5 TB backup
    Verizon Fios wireless router w/HG antana

The point is this, I made no comment about anyone's personal level or ability, I even conceded my point with the test results presented by Mnyb. So to make a comment about someone on a personal level (and that was the context of his remark) I returned one in kind. You sound like someone trying to defend Trump, none of my comments were personal in nature, until one was directed at me. In all, if comments remain on topic and not trying to belittle others then flame wars will not cloud the issue at hand.
    Eh? I pointed out that toby10's suggestion, taken at face value, would probably make more of a difference to sound quality than your suggestion. I really fail to see how that could be seen as defending Trump, unless you were projecting and actually subscribing to the whole "fake news" way of rejecting facts.
    "To try to judge the real from the false will always be hard. In this fast-growing art of 'high fidelity' the quackery will bear a solid gilt edge that will fool many people" - Paul W Klipsch, 1953