Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Delicious Library for Flac/MP3

I've been looking for a program like Delicious Library (Mac only) or Media Man (Windows) for audio files.

The idea being that you can search your audio by album art through a convenient "music store-like" interface ie.
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...us-Library.jpg

Delicious Library is the best thing that ever happened to my DVD collection.

I can't believe such a program doesn't exist for Flac/MP3 files.

Anyone seen anything like this?

ss.

Quote Originally Posted by street_samurai View Post
    I've been looking for a program like Delicious Library (Mac only) or Media Man (Windows) for audio files.

The idea being that you can search your audio by album art through a convenient "music store-like" interface ie.
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...us-Library.jpg

Delicious Library is the best thing that ever happened to my DVD collection.

I can't believe such a program doesn't exist for Flac/MP3 files.

Anyone seen anything like this?
    I don't know either of the above programs, but I use MP3Toys which is pretty near to perfect for me. Search by artist, album, track as you type is one thing that's very useful, but the presentation of a carousel of album covers works wonderfully, especially when coupled with the filter-by-year, or genre. Or similarity to the current artist. Playlists are supported, although I've no idea how well they work because I've never used them; the application is pretty focused around albums, so you queue a group of albums and they stay together. You select a different queue and it'll play them. Return to your original selection and it'll continue /from exactly where you left off/. Obviously it supports Last.FM (and uses Last.FM for similarity and bio information). More importantly for me, though, the application is full screen, and toggleable to the tray with a single key press (yes it has little interface window you can use if you want, but who wants to waste screen real estate on something you already know - the track you're playing and its time?). The player is key-press controllable outside fullscreen, so if you're used to using the numeric keypad for controls you can bind those keys (* to pause, +/- for volume, / for skip track, 4/6 for forward/rewind, 0 for 'toggle between fullscreen and tray'), or any of the special keys your keyboard might have. Or whatever.

I'm pretty picky about the MP3 systems I'll use. MP3Toys is the application I'd have written if I'd actually had the time and skill.

Hey Gerph,

Thanks so much for this. Just downloaded MP3Toy and it looks terrific. Supports FLAC too.

Thanks again for the help!

ss.

MP3Toys

Quote Originally Posted by street_samurai View Post
    Hey Gerph,

Thanks so much for this. Just downloaded MP3Toy and it looks terrific. Supports FLAC too.

Thanks again for the help!

ss.
    Hi, I am using MP3Toys.

It does not work anymore so well.... (last.fm integration)
    Anybody knows what happened?
    I cannot load my licence under Windows 10...

Thanks for any support

Marco