Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks for all the replies. I've not had a chance to give it a go due to work and tiredness. Will sit down on Sunday and sort it.

To those of you worried about my undying love, panic not, I'll keep it as our little secret.

Fingers crossed for Sunday...

I too have a small mapping problem with my TS201 (XP).
    I can map the drive successfully, but the link is lost every time I reboot the PC. How do I make the mapping link permanent ?
    Thanks

Qnap Mapping

Hi
    I have a Qnap 101. I tried to map this device and on each occasion, Windows XP dumped the mapping on computer closedown, so in effect it had to be re-done every time I rebooted the computer, even though the respective box was ticked to retain the mapping. I got so exasperated with the Qnap, I have in effect turned it off all together and have gone over to a Windows Home Server on a Tranquilpc. The Qnap often "disappeared" from the home computer whilst it was working, it couldn't be contacted by the home computer and sometimes the music files could not be updated. I checked the firewall settings on the home computer "Zone Alarm" and they were set according to Qnap's instructions with the correct address in the "trusted settings". All in all it was just a constant pain, although when it worked, it was fine. With the Home Server, it stays in constant touch with the home computer and other computers, including a Vista computer on my home network, the mapping stays put and it's so easy to update. I hope that goes someway to helping you. I was in contact with Qnap over a long period of time, but quite frankly got nowhere and was left with a product that worked some of the time!

Aha - a tick box !
    Missed that, all now working perfectly.
    Thanks