Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

""ethernet appears disconnected" = Deadbox

Had a lightning strike recently near our home and one of my 3 ethernet connected squeezeboxes is now dead (V3). I confirmed it is not the cable by hooking up another squeezebox and successfully connecting. Does anyone have experience with this malady and if so was it repairable? Have tried the wireless connection wtih no luck but may be my inexperience as have relied on the cat5 route.

Thanks
    Dirk

Hi
    Is there any sign of life from your "dead" SB at all??
    Is the power supply to it functioning? (when you swapped SB's did you use the same PSU?)
    Tried the embarrasing Brightness button?
    If the SB is truly dead - from a current spike, then it will be a repair or replace - unless you are handy with AVO's, Oscilloscopes and soldering irons!!

Nic

Quote Originally Posted by DrNic View Post
    Hi
    Is there any sign of life from your "dead" SB at all??
    Is the power supply to it functioning? (when you swapped SB's did you use the same PSU?)
    Tried the embarrasing Brightness button?
    If the SB is truly dead - from a current spike, then it will be a repair or replace - unless you are handy with AVO's, Oscilloscopes and soldering irons!!

Nic
    There is indeed significant signs of life - powers up and I get to set up networking and that's where I get the "ethernet appears disconnected" error. I am willing to attempt a repair if needed. Have built a few digital amps like the 41Hz Amp 6 and if indeed dead there is nothing to loose. May even use this as an opportunity to build with an integrated amp in the squeezebox in a custom enclosure.

Thanks for the reply

Same problem, but not an electronics engineer HELP

Had power surges yesterday, now my SB3 seems to think it is an ethernet only device, i.e. it has forgotten or lost it's wireless awareness...

Any ideas?

Contact support at slimdevices dot com.
    Current: SB2, Transporter, Boom (PQP3 - late beta, PQP1 - early beta), SBC (early beta), Squeezebox Radio (PB1 - early beta), Squeezebox Touch (late beta)
    Sold: SB3, Duet