Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    Quote Originally Posted by Jens_dk View Post
    Although it is not mentioned in the instructions for installing Slimserver, it is important, that the TS-109 does not have enabled the "Network Recycle Bin".

I am not sure, but this could be your problem.

Jens
    Jens, interesting tip (and it seems to help). Do you know anything about the reason for this? I would like to be able to use the Network Recycle Bin...

/Bjorn

Quote Originally Posted by bsundstrom View Post
    ...Do you know anything about the reason for this? I would like to be able to use the Network Recycle Bin...
    There was another post in this forum that made me search the web for some explanation, but now I cannot find that reference. As I understood, the "Network Recycle Bin" somehow affected the extraction of the compressed installation package.

So during installation of Slimserver (and other compressed packages) the "Network Recycle Bin" should be disabled.

After instillation is completed, you can enable it again.

Jens

Hi. Thanks for the suggestion on the recycle bin. However, mine is not enabled to start with so it shouldn't be that. I have looked at the firmware, it is 1.1.0 Build 0710. Up until yesterday this was the most redcent firmware I believe, therefore the progressiveav install should work right? However, now I see that there is a version 1.1.1 Build 0831 available on qnap.com. So, should I carry on working with the existing 1.1.0 0710 until I get the existing slimserver install to work? or shuld I upgrade to 1.1.1 0831 and then pursue the slimserver install?

Thanks

Apologies all. I somehow had an incomplete .gz install file. Resintalled and seems to be working! HOWEVER about this new firmware released by QNAP yesterday ... is it best to wait for that smart and helpful Ultra man to create a slimserver install to go with it or is it fine to upgrade? ..

Trying to use Putty to install SS.I am asked to type the loggin,then enter,when I am going to type the password nothing happends when I type,NOTHING..if I press enter,I get loggin incorrect.

Is there an other prog I can use?

Port 22 is enabled.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryssen View Post
    Trying to use Putty to install SS.I am asked to type the loggin,then enter,when I am going to type the password nothing happends when I type,NOTHING..if I press enter,I get loggin incorrect.
    PuTTY does not echo your password to the screen. This is for security reasons (so someone looking over your shoulder doesn't get to see your password).

Just type your admin password and press enter. Should work!

S.

No.does not work with Putty.
    Now I use WinSCP and now it┤s working!

Now it┤s only the hassle with changing the password that it don┤t accept..

EDIT:How do I see that SS is installed?
    If I try to install again it says that it is already installed,but how to see?

edit 2:Okay password working now!
    Only this not spinning down...just unplugged the LAN cable...
    Last edited by Ryssen; 2007-09-26 at 15:33.

TS109 MySQL and Slimserver MySQL

Hello,

i just tried to activate the built in MySQL of the TS109pro (Tried to install gallery2).

When the built in MySQL starts, the SS MySQL stops. After boot sequence only the SS MySQL is active.

Is it possible to have two instances of MySQL running? Or is there a possibility to have both databases in the SS MySQL instance?
    2 x Squeezebox 3 - 1 x Squeezebox Touch - SSOTS 4.14 - Squeezecenter 7.7.3 - QNAP TS439 Pro (3.6.3) - 4 x 500 GB Hitachi (RAID5)

Quote Originally Posted by gcogger View Post
    Sorry to resurrect a slightly old thread, but has anyone heard anything new on the "spin-down issue"? I just bought a TS-109/Seagate ES drive, with Progressive AV Slimserver installed and it won't spin down (go to sleep) even with the Squeezbox switched off and with no screen saver.

Thanks.
    I think there is a spindown-setting in the QNAP which specifies the delay before it spins down. I think the default is 30 minutes. I used to run a News ticker on SB3 in "off"-mode, and this obviously caused it never to spin down. I turned off the screensaver option last night, and when I checked on it this morning, it had spun down successfully. I use TS-109/Western Digital Caviar SE16 500GB.

I am currently at work, and unable to find the exact option for you.

Quote Originally Posted by ultra238a View Post
    Ian_F - they ripped off our package completely. They only want to "support" SlimServer because they think that it will add sales to their product. We don't mind helping them do it correctly but be under no illusion, they don't have a clue what they are doing when it comes to SlimServer.

On the other hand, we do

http://www.progressiveav.com/ts109install/
    I know I am arriving late to the party, but I just want to tell that this package works like a charm. Great work, Progressive AV guys!
    I just want to point out that I installed the latest firmware (1.1.5 as of now) before installing Slim Server, and it still works fine, so I guess the 1.1.0 firmware recommendation is a bit outdated. I started out with QNAP TS-109 without a HDD and installed everything from scratch.

Here is a link to what I did (maybe it will be a help to some new arrivals at the SB/QNAP TS-109 scene):
    http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=43718