Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unhappy Scan never finishes on QNAP

Recently I've bought a few CDs and have ripped, then copied to my QNAP 101 then told SS to scan for new/changed music.

However, despite leaving it on all night it never seems to finish (all this for two new cds !)

SS v6.3.1
    QNAP TS 101 Version 2.0.0 build 0105T

Peter

Doesn't seem right, does it It should only take a few minutes.

Do you have any playlists in the folders, m3u files? If so, delete them.

Have you tried looking in the Slimserver debugging logs to see if you can spot what's going on?

Smile

Hi
    Sorry to take so long, I was reading the Logitech Mega-thread (40 bloomin' pages !)

Anyway, I found one playlist in /ext/mnt/music which is "public" where i have the folders "Flac" (new stuff), "MP3" (old stuff, I'll get round to re-ripping them hopefully), and Backup (a back up of my computer).

I'm not sure about the debugging thing, tell me more
    Last edited by 2pods; 2007-06-17 at 03:36.

In Slimserver under Home|Server Settings|Debugging there should be a hotspot you can click on to view the debugging log. It is at the end of the text which reads "You can view the most recent log entries here." near the top of the page.

Place a checkmark against the d_scan entry in the list below it and start a "look for new and changed music" rescan. Then go back to the debugging page and open up the log. If you press F5 periodically the log you're viewing updates itself. Does it show anything interesting?

Smile

I'll give that a try tomorrow and report back

Thanks,
    Peter

Lightbulb

This is what it comes up with:

"2007-05-20 16:24:24.5710 Use of uninitialized value in string eq at /opt/slimserver/Plugins/LazySearch2.pm line 607."

Scanning never finishes

Hi 2pods,

Did you solve your scanning problem? My (QNAP TS-109) scan will not finish, I left it running overnight (5000 songs)..

Here is my log. Is there really not a more detailed log anywhere?

2007-11-08 12:06:44.9532 TrackStat:Backup: Backup completed at 2007-11-08 12:06:44
    2007-11-08 15:55:40.2884 commit ineffective with AutoCommit enabled at /opt/slimserver/CPAN/DBIx/Class/Storage/DBI.pm line 706.
    2007-11-08 15:55:40.3737 Commmit ineffective while AutoCommit is on at /opt/slimserver/CPAN/DBIx/Class/Storage/DBI.pm line 706.
    2007-11-08 15:55:40.3913 ERROR: DBD::mysql::db commit failed: Commmit ineffective while AutoCommit is on at /opt/slimserver/CPAN/DBIx/Class/Storage/DBI.pm line 706.

2007-11-08 15:55:40.3932 ERROR: Backtrace follows:

2007-11-08 15:55:40.4739 Backtrace:

frame 0: Slim::Schema::throw_exception (/opt/slimserver/CPAN/DBIx/Class/Schema.pm line 606)
    frame 1: DBIx::Class::Schema::txn_do (/opt/slimserver/Slim/Music/Import.pm line 241)
    frame 2: (eval) (/opt/slimserver/Slim/Music/Import.pm line 233)
    frame 3: Slim::Music::Import::setIsScanning (/opt/slimserver/Slim/Music/Import.pm line 152)
    frame 4: Slim::Music::Import::launchScan (/opt/slimserver/Slim/Control/Commands.pm line 1725)
    frame 5: Slim::Control::Commands::rescanCommand (/opt/slimserver/Slim/Control/Request.pm line 1483)
    frame 6: (eval) (/opt/slimserver/Slim/Control/Request.pm line 1483)
    frame 7: Slim::Control::Request::execute (/opt/slimserver/Slim/Control/Request.pm line 772)
    frame 8: Slim::Control::Request::executeRequest (/opt/slimserver/Slim/Web/Setup.pm line 1446)
    frame 9: Slim::Web::Setup::__ANON__ (/opt/slimserver/Slim/Web/Setup.pm line 2928)
    frame 10: Slim::Web::Setup:rocessChanges (/opt/slimserver/Slim/Web/Setup.pm line 2682)
    frame 11: Slim::Web::Setup::setup_HTTP (/opt/slimserver/Slim/Web/HTTP.pm line 837)
    frame 12: Slim::Web::HTTP::generateHTTPResponse (/opt/slimserver/Slim/Web/HTTP.pm line 703)
    frame 13: Slim::Web::HTTP:rocessURL (/opt/slimserver/Slim/Web/HTTP.pm line 549)
    frame 14: Slim::Web::HTTP:rocessHTTP (/opt/slimserver/Slim/Networking/Select.pm line 238)
    frame 15: (eval) (/opt/slimserver/Slim/Networking/Select.pm line 238)
    frame 16: Slim::Networking::Select::select (/opt/slimserver/slimserver.pl line 492)
    frame 17: main::idle (/opt/slimserver/slimserver.pl line 445)
    frame 18: main::main (/opt/slimserver/slimserver.pl line 1069)

2007-11-09 03:07:16.6897 TrackStat:Backup: Backup completed at 2007-11-09 03:07:16
    Last edited by sand; 2007-11-09 at 00:09. Reason: added log
    2* Squeezebox 3
    1* SB Duet
    1* SB Radio
    1 * ReadyNAS Pro

Question

No It didn't finish.........or so I thought !

I was watching the log and it accounted for all the songs and playlists.

It didn't give me a page saying the usual though at the end, which I thought was a bit weird.

If you search the forums for "line 706" you will see a few posts with this error message. However, it can be caused by a number of things (including a bad file, a corrupted database or some kind of firewall issue), so you may need to try a few things.

First, try a full clear and rescan - does that sort the problem?

If you shut down slimserver, then delete the contents of the cache folder and start slimserver back up, it will build a new database, does that work?

If you run the scanner from the command line (here for an explanation) - it should show you the scan in more detail as it runs through - any clues about a bad file there - or a recursive link in a shortcut, cue file or playlist?

Also, do you have any virus or security software installed on the QNAP? I'm guessing not, but if you do, you may need to set it up so as to allow the scan to complete.
    Last edited by Siduhe; 2007-11-09 at 04:42.

Thank you, Siduhe.

I have no antivirus software on the qnap.

If I reboot, SlimServer says I have 500 around tracks (I actually have around 5000), so I guess the scan aborts for some reason?

When I started the scan again, it ran for hours without ending, just like yesterday.

Do you know how to delete the cache? I guess I have to Putty and delete all files in some folder, but which folder.. Is it /home/Slimserver/cache? I have several folders there: Artwork, FileCache, MySQL, templates.. should I delete those folders also?

Sorry but I could only find windows talk in the thread you linked to.. Could you please give me the command to run the scanner from the command line?

Thank's again,
    //sand
    Last edited by sand; 2007-11-09 at 04:57.
    2* Squeezebox 3
    1* SB Duet
    1* SB Radio
    1 * ReadyNAS Pro