Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Interesting thought

Quote Originally Posted by autopilot View Post
    Just out of interest, seeing as some people really hate the logitech branding, i have a spare front panel for the SB3 (silver) with "Slim Devices" on. Do you think it's worth eBaying at some point?
    Yes, I also had the idea of cornering every Slimdevices branded SB3 I could get a hold of here locally. My 'favourite' audio retailer had a few in stock, and the temptation was there to grab them and stick them on eBay in 6-12 months time, but people have such short memories these days....
    I've got a fever above my waist
    You got a squeeze box on your knee
    I know the truth is in between the 1st and 40th drink - Tori Amos
    Squeezebox Classic -> NAD T743 -> Krix Phoenix
    Oh, and a BOOM...

Is the White/Silver model discontinued?

Hi,

All of a sudden only black SB3's are available. What happened to the white/silver ones?

/Fredrik

The white/silver ones are still listed as available on the slimdevices.com site.

Just another SB Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by fgunnars View Post
    Hi,

All of a sudden only black SB3's are available. What happened to the white/silver ones?

/Fredrik
    White/silver is available only on the slimdevices.com website, but will be discontinued once we are out of inventory (all of which is Slim Devices branded).

Get 'em while they're hot... and, no, we don't provide a countdown clock on inventory. At current run rates, though, there's still a few weeks left.

-=> Jim

Thanx Jim,

Since I am Swedish, any news on the ongoing updates of the the Duty and VAT page (http://www.slimdevices.com/ups.html), which I need before I can compute the actual costs of shipping and other add-ons?

/Fredrik

Just another SB Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by fgunnars View Post
    Since I am Swedish...
    Lucky you! Sweden is one of my very favorite countries.

...any news on the ongoing updates of the the Duty and VAT page (http://www.slimdevices.com/ups.html), which I need before I can compute the actual costs of shipping and other add-ons?
    It won't work correctly. Since we're transitioning all web sales of Logitech-branded Squeezeboxes to EMEA countries to Logitech Europe we aren't planning to fix the duty/VAT page.

I know you want a white/silver, so you'll have to get that from slimdevices.com. My suggestion is to e-mail our sales team with your order/shipping info and they can do the check with UPS on freight/duty/VAT and get back to you with the final number.

-=> Jim

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    Lucky you! Sweden is one of my very favorite countries.
    That's nice to hear. Sweden is good despite the lack of white SB's ...

It won't work correctly. Since we're transitioning all web sales of Logitech-branded Squeezeboxes to EMEA countries to Logitech Europe we aren't planning to fix the duty/VAT page.

I know you want a white/silver, so you'll have to get that from slimdevices.com. My suggestion is to e-mail our sales team with your order/shipping info and they can do the check with UPS on freight/duty/VAT and get back to you with the final number.
    I did as you suggested. Thanks a bunch for your help!

/Fredrik

Since we're transitioning all web sales of Logitech-branded Squeezeboxes to EMEA countries to Logitech Europe we aren't planning to fix the duty/VAT page.
    When you do this, then it will no longer be possible to buy Squeezeboxes in Ireland as shipping from the US is currently the only way.
    I cannot find a UK based supplier (e.g. Amazon) which will ship to Ireland anymore (they used about 1 year ago) and Logitech's own web sites does not ship to Ireland.

Just another SB Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    When you do this, then it will no longer be possible to buy Squeezeboxes in Ireland as shipping from the US is currently the only way.
    I cannot find a UK based supplier (e.g. Amazon) which will ship to Ireland anymore (they used about 1 year ago) and Logitech's own web sites does not ship to Ireland.
    I will discuss this with the Logitech EMEA team and see what we can do. I do know that we have just signed a distributor in Ireland, and expect product to be available from local retailers very soon. I'm not sure what the solution will be for e-tail, but will update as I learn more.

That's some good news but the main local retailers tend to charge significantly over the "web" price so competitive e-tail alternatives are essential for success.