Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Hybrid View

ethernet appears disconnected

Hi,
    got a nasty problem here with sb3. I cant get it connected anymore with my network. sb is connected with cable to wireless router, which in turn should connect my pc to sb.
    The router has just been renewed (netherlands, sagem 'livebox'), due to phone problems which are now solved.
    I checked the cable; it should be fine, but it isnt recognized by the sb. I reset to factory mode, with no result.
    Suggestions anyone? Please help. Tnx.

Does a laptop work with the same cable plugged into the same port on the router?

Do you have MAC address filtering on? Does the SB report the same MAC address as what's printed on the bottom of the unit?

Have you plugged the cable into a different port on the router? Is the router's front panel showing connectivity (usually a lit LED)?

What error message are you getting on the SB?
    Current: SB2, Transporter, Boom (PQP3 - late beta, PQP1 - early beta), SBC (early beta), Squeezebox Radio (PB1 - early beta), Squeezebox Touch (late beta)
    Sold: SB3, Duet

Quote Originally Posted by brickx View Post
    Hi,
    got a nasty problem here with sb3. I cant get it connected anymore with my network. sb is connected with cable to wireless router, which in turn should connect my pc to sb.
    The router has just been renewed (netherlands, sagem 'livebox'), due to phone problems which are now solved.
    I checked the cable; it should be fine, but it isnt recognized by the sb. I reset to factory mode, with no result.
    Suggestions anyone? Please help. Tnx.
    Have you checked to see if there is updated firmware for your router?