Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

15000 music files on TS-101 -> possible?

What would be the expected delay on a the Squeezebox when browsing a library with about 15000 files on a QNAP TS-101?

Depends. Which version of Slimserver? How is your library organised? What format is the music?

SS 6.3.1 is faster at web browsing that 6.5 but searching using the remote is about the same. I have 11,000 FLAC encoded tracks and I have organised the directory structure as A\Artist\Album, B\Artist\Album etc. The web browser is pretty much useless when running 6.5 - 45 seconds to list 'Artists' for example - so I only use it to initiate a re-scan. Remote works fine for searching though.

My library currently is Artist/Album. Subdirectories under Artist: about 250. I don't care about web browsing, just the remote is important. So you reckon there'd be no problem? That would be cool as I cannot find any alternative of LAN hard disk for me (no fan/ low power consumption).

You should be OK with the remote but you may still want to re-organise your directory structure. Searching is quicker if you can go first to the G's and then scroll to Grateful Dead for example. You can of course enter the name from the alpha keys - depends on how you intend to use it.