Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 275

Thread: HDCD ripping

  1. #231
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    134
    Quote Originally Posted by arne View Post
    well...
    i've written a batch file that scans the whole media library of foobar for hdcds and saves the results in a log file. this way you can conveniently scan all you flacs or apes without converting them manually. after that you can use foobar again to convert the hdcds to 24-bit wave->flac.
    thanks a lot chris: this is so much more comfortable than WMP/Chronotron. and your ideas to improve the tool sound promising to me!
    Sounds like an excellent tool, exactly the sort of thing I had in mind when referring to script wrappers.

    I've added some (hopefully script friendly) command line options. I won't explain them here as I'd like the usage information (hdcd.exe -h) to be self explanatory. If anything's unclear, let me know and I'll explain and update usage().

    For now, the newer version will be available from,

    http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~cjk32/hdcd/hdcd-new.zip

    although once I've had a few successful reports, it'll replace the existing hdzd.zip,

    http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~cjk32/hdcd/hdcd.zip

    Regards,

    Chris

  2. #232
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Buckinghamshire, England
    Posts
    9,983
    Quote Originally Posted by cjk32 View Post
    Sounds like an excellent tool, exactly the sort of thing I had in mind when referring to script wrappers.

    I've added some (hopefully script friendly) command line options. I won't explain them here as I'd like the usage information (hdcd.exe -h) to be self explanatory. If anything's unclear, let me know and I'll explain and update usage().

    For now, the newer version will be available from,

    http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~cjk32/hdcd/hdcd-new.zip

    although once I've had a few successful reports, it'll replace the existing hdzd.zip,

    http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~cjk32/hdcd/hdcd.zip

    Regards,

    Chris

    Chris - this sounds great. Any suggestions as to how I could get HDCD to scan a drive (e.g. E and recurse all the subdirectories ? (not being a script monkey for the last 15 years or so I'm a bit rusty...)
    Many Thanks
    Phil
    You want to see the signal path BEFORE it gets onto a CD/vinyl...it ain't what you'd call minimal...
    Touch(wired/W7)+Teddy Pardo PSU - Audiolense 3.3/2.0+INGUZ DRC - MF M1 DAC - Linn 5103 - full Aktiv 5.1 system (6x LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Pekin Tuner, Townsend Supertweeters,VdH Toslink,Kimber 8TC Speaker & Chord Signature Plus Interconnect cables
    Stax4070+SRM7/II phones
    Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio, Harmony One remote for everything.

  3. #233
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    134
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Leigh View Post
    Chris - this sounds great. Any suggestions as to how I could get HDCD to scan a drive (e.g. E and recurse all the subdirectories ? (not being a script monkey for the last 15 years or so I'm a bit rusty...)
    Many Thanks
    Phil
    I've had essentially zero experience of windows batch file. Some googling suggests that something along the lines of,

    for /f "usebackq delims=" %f in (`dir /b /s "e:\*.wav"`) do @echo "%f" && @hdcd.exe -i "%f"

    should do roughly what you want. I also intend to add a -t option (totally silent) option, which will suppress all output to stderr. This would allow you to output a list of hdcd files and nothing else,

    for /f "usebackq delims=" %f in (`dir /b /s "e:\*.wav"`) do @hdcd.exe -i -t "%f" && echo "%f"

    If you're files aren't wav, but say FLAC, you'll need to decompress them, and pipe them to hdcd.exe,

    for /f "usebackq delims=" %f in (`dir /b /s "e:\*.flac"`) do @echo "%f" && @flac [options to decompress to stdout as wav] "%f" | @hdcd.exe -i


    Finally, the -i option only checks the first second of audio, which may not catch everything. If you're worried, use -a -x instead, which checks the whole file.

    Chris

  4. #234
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    11
    Hi, this tools works great, after converting some of my HDCD to 24bit I don’t want to listen to the old 16bit any more.

    But I can’t get the batch script that’s scans a dir with flac files to work.

    “for /f "usebackq delims=" %f in (`dir /b /s "*.flac"`) do @echo "%f" && @flac –s –d –c "%f" | @hdcd.exe –i”

    And is it possible to make this a plugin for “on the fly” HDCD decoding?

    Thanks for HDCD.exe
    /J

    Edit:
    This is working
    Code:
    @echo off
    for /f "usebackq delims=" %%f in (`dir /b /s "*.flac"`) do @echo "%%f" && @flac -dcs --totally-silent -- "%%f" | hdcd.exe -i -r
    Last edited by joad; 2007-09-08 at 11:32.

  5. #235
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    11
    I’m trying to convert my flac files to 24bit (hdcd) wav files direct without first converting the flac files to wav and then run hdcd.exe to get the 24bit hdcd files.

    This is not working
    Code:
    Flac –dcs “name of the file.flac” |hdcd.exe > out.vaw
    I get this error "Didn't find 'data' chunk"

    But if a first
    Code:
    Flac –dcs “name of the file.flac” > out.wav
    And then do this
    Code:
    Hdcd.exe < out.vae > out_hdcd.wav
    It works ok.

  6. #236
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8
    mmmhhh...
    Why don't you use a host program like foobar instead of using batch files? It's much easier!

  7. #237
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    11
    I tried foobar but didn’t get it to work.

    Arne how do your batch file for scanning media library look? I didn’t get it to working until a added “-r”
    I’m using this batch file now
    Code:
    @echo off
    for /f "usebackq tokens=1 delims=" %%f in (`dir /b /a-d "*.flac"`) do @flac -ds -- "%%f" 
    for /f "usebackq tokens=1 delims=" %%f in (`dir /b /a-d "*.wav"`) do hdcd.exe < "%%f" > "%%f"24b
    del *.flac
    for /f "usebackq tokens=1 delims=" %%f in (`dir /b /a-d "*.wav24b"`) do @flac "%%f"
    del *.wav
    /J

  8. #238
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8
    This is how to scan a playlist in foobar:

    1) create "HDCD-Scan.bat" in HDCD.EXE folder

    2) use this code for the batch file:

    "(*path*)\hdcd.exe" -a -x %1 2> %2
    SET /p HDCD= < %2
    if "%HDCD%"=="HDCD Detected" echo %2 >> hdcd.log
    SET HDCD=

    3) create custom converter setting in foobar (preferences/tools/converter):

    encoder: (*path*)\HDCD-Scan.bat
    extension: tmp
    parameters: %s %d
    format: lossless

    type anything in the display info fields

    4) goto preferences/tools/converter again and set outputfilenames/singletracks to "%list_index%"

    (you could also use the track name here, but this way the hdcd-files are easy to spot by their playlist-number)

    5) create playlist of the files to scan (e.g. all lossless files of your media library)

    6) mark all files, right click on them and choose convert/covert to...

    7) choose the encoding preset you created and click ok

    8) select an empty folder (create one if you haven't done that yet) and click ok

    Browse to the folder you have chosen: there will be a .tmp file for each scanned file which includes the scan report of hdcd.exe and a hdcd.log
    The hdcd.log lists every file which has hdcd-information. If you made your settings according to step 4, you can now spot the hdcd-files in the foobar playlist by their playlistnumber and convert them with a hdcd-converter-profile: The number in hdcd.log will be the same as in the foobar playlist. Now you can delete the tmp-files or the whole folder.

    I hope this will help you. It sounds complicated but it's very simple. Doing the HDCD-Scan this way may be a little bit odd, but it's very comfortable.

  9. #239
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    134
    Quote Originally Posted by joad View Post
    Edit:
    This is working
    Code:
    @echo off
    for /f "usebackq delims=" %%f in (`dir /b /s "*.flac"`) do @echo "%%f" && @flac -dcs --totally-silent -- "%%f" | hdcd.exe -i -r
    Apolgies, batch files seem to need %%f, whereas the command line needs %f. OINTRW!

  10. #240
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    134
    Quote Originally Posted by joad View Post
    I’m trying to convert my flac files to 24bit (hdcd) wav files direct without first converting the flac files to wav and then run hdcd.exe to get the 24bit hdcd files.

    This is not working
    Code:
    Flac –dcs “name of the file.flac” |hdcd.exe > out.vaw
    I get this error "Didn't find 'data' chunk"

    But if a first
    Code:
    Flac –dcs “name of the file.flac” > out.wav
    And then do this
    Code:
    Hdcd.exe < out.vae > out_hdcd.wav
    It works ok.
    I think this is probably something to do with fseek and ftell not working when not connected to a file. I'll take a look at this and see if there's a good workaround, as piping really does need to work!

    For scanning, I'd suggest using arne's excellent foobar scripted approach.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •