X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tingtong5
    • Jan 2007

Howto disable analog power supply ?

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to get my SB3 at the same level as my CEC cd transport.

One of the things I would like to do is to completely remove power from the DAC part of the SB3. Does anybody know how to accomplish this?

I couldnt figure it out by just watching at the circuitboard :P

Regards,

Ronald
  • mfieger
    hi
    • Apr 2006

Remove L1 (next to U5 at the corner of the pcb), and remove L6 (under the big cap). This will disconnect power to the voltage regulator inputs on the dac side (3.3V and 5V). Then, you should measure no voltage across C11, and C10. Which would mean that the dac power is now disconnected.

Comment

• tingtong5
      • Jan 2007

Originally posted by mfieger
      Remove L1 (next to U5 at the corner of the pcb), and remove L6 (under the big cap). This will disconnect power to the voltage regulator inputs on the dac side (3.3V and 5V). Then, you should measure no voltage across C11, and C10. Which would mean that the dac power is now disconnected.
      Sorry for the late response..

And thanks for the info, I just removed these inductors you mentioned and it seemed to do the job

Have to wait for tomorrow though to see if this makes any audible difference (since my wife has friends over and their talking is louder then the sound of my SB3) :P

Comment

• jonte0
        • Apr 2007

Iss the party still on or ? ;-)

What happend - results?

/

Originally posted by tingtong5
        Sorry for the late response..

And thanks for the info, I just removed these inductors you mentioned and it seemed to do the job

Have to wait for tomorrow though to see if this makes any audible difference (since my wife has friends over and their talking is louder then the sound of my SB3) :P

Comment

• singleended40
          • Mar 2007

Remove digital regulator PS

Originally posted by mfieger
          Hi,

I just found this interesting part of removal digital(or analog part) of the SB3(?). How does the digital part sound after doing this(which external DAC have you connected to with SB3)? Am I in the right track? Thanks in advance.

Comment

Working...