Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Any metal heads on here?

Since people seem to be asking about every genre under the sun except metal/rock, anyone here into that sort of thing?

Personally I'm a big fan of Opeth, but everything from Nine Inch Nails to Converge to Mastodon to Soundgarden.

I also like other stuff like Tom Waits, Nick Cave and various other people....a link to what I listen to is in my sig

So come on, own up any metalheads on here? \m/

Guess I still count

My tastes have varied a fair bit more in recent years and some of the newer rock/metal passed me by (all the weird surfer-style or rap influenced stuff) but anything from Bon Jovi through to Maiden, Metallica, even Manowar, features in my collection.

I've plenty of stuff on vinyl that I can't get on CD too but I don't have (or want) a turntable - one that comes to mind is one called Under Jolly Roger but I can't remember the band name :|

Quote Originally Posted by probedb View Post
    I also like other stuff like Tom Waits, Nick Cave and various other people....a link to what I listen to is in my sig

So come on, own up any metalheads on here? \m/
    Count me in. I like a wide range of stuff, and metal is certainly included. Recent favorites are Slayer, System of a Down and Strapping Young Lad, and I grew up listening to Iron Maiden, AC/DC, Judas Priest and Black Sabbath.

Red face

Kind of... \m/

Check my lastfm profile. Ignore the tracks that has poluted my list by my wife and kids.
    LastFM
    SB3, SB BOOM - Vortexbox@HP SFF
    iPod Touch\iPeng

I'm pretty much a metalhead these days. Progressive and power metal are what I've gotten into this last year.

I would highly recommend Kamelot's - The Black Halo to any metalhead. Awesome vocalist.

http://www.last.fm/user/malmeyer/
    My Last.fm Page
    PGAScores & CollegeHockey (SuperDateTime Add-ons)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Meyer View Post
    I'm pretty much a metalhead these days. Progressive and power metal are what I've gotten into this last year.
    http://www.last.fm/user/malmeyer/
    Have you tried the 2 Keeper albums by Helloween, bit quirky in parts but great examples of power metal. Dragonforce are pretty fine too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rangdo View Post
    Have you tried the 2 Keeper albums by Helloween, bit quirky in parts but great examples of power metal. Dragonforce are pretty fine too.
    Yes, I do have those too. Kiske has a great voice. I've heard a couple Dragonforce tunes but I should give them another listen. I remember they were very fast.
    My Last.fm Page
    PGAScores & CollegeHockey (SuperDateTime Add-ons)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Meyer View Post
    I remember they were very fast.
    I saw them supporting W.A.S.P. last year (or was it the year before!!!) never having heard them before - I just remember my head feeling like it was being pummelled, but that could have been the cheap beer

I saw Mastodon this past year. Great show. Though, I hope they don't go much further down the prog metal road. I really liked the kickass metal from the Remission and Leviathan albums. Blood Mountain was great, don't get me wrong, but it's clear they are "maturing" as a group, and that is usually a recipe for disaster (e.g. Metallica, Carcass, etc.).
    There are 10 kind of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't.
    ShinyMetal
    Site| RSS |Forum

Excellent, good to see we exist

I think I have a thing for some of the more proggy types of band too, Opeth, Tool etc. Mastodon are still one of the bets live acts I've seen tho, they just don't do anything wrong...or at least the 3 times I've seen them.