Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    We must be either using different versions of slimserver (I'm on a 6.5.1 via subversion checkout), or you are tweaking Nokia770 instead of Touch. Either way, adjusting the width for the pagecontainer div element should do what you need. Is it working okay now?

#!/ben
    Former Logitech Developer: Squeezeplay/SqueezeOS/SqueezeboxController/SqueezeCenter
    Community Developer: Nokia770Skin (r.i.p.)

http://www.last.fm/user/bklaas/
    KHAAAN!...BUNNIES!

definitely touch

a version of 6.5.1 from a couple of weeks.Anyway Ive cut and pasted your code and no change Im afraid FWIW the pepper browser is basically Firefox about 1.5 ish

Ah, I see now. Page is too long, not too wide. My mistake.

Try changing the height: attribute in the same pagecontainer div.

If it's set to 85%, try 80%. You may need to iterate down until you find a height that forces the page to render correctly on your PepperPad.

Let me know how that works.

#!/ben
    Former Logitech Developer: Squeezeplay/SqueezeOS/SqueezeboxController/SqueezeCenter

KHAAAN!...BUNNIES!

Ok what happens is...

below about 83% I get another set of scroll bars - so the "scroll" stays the same just the central window "pulls away" from the base (with the stuff about songs, artists server settings etc)

It's my belief that you should be able to get this working by tweaking height and width params until the magic combo is achieved. CSS can be a fickle mistress.

It could be, however, that PepperPad's firefox is getting confused about how wide its screen is in fullscreen (that is, it's not taking into account the topbar that won't go away (are you sure you can't get hide that?).

I'm not sure how much more help I can be without having a PepperPad sitting in front of me to debug this.

#!/ben

KHAAAN!...BUNNIES!

ok ill keep tweaking

thanks for your help. Ill let you know if I find a magic formula! by the way if the challenge interests you it seems to be possible to download a version of the pepper desktop to a windows machine from www.pepper.com maybe it correctly emulates the browser.

graham

Well its not the solution but...

This:

div#pagecontainer {
    top: 70; height: 83%; overflow-y: auto; width: 100%; position: absolute; z-index: 2;
    }

uses up some of the top white apace above the picture and gets all the buttons in the picture. It'll do for now I guess.