Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

QNAP database....

Hi,
    I seem to have got my database screwed up somehow (wrong artworks for albums, duplicated artworks, a "No Album" icon etc...).

Clearing the database and re-scanning doesn't fix.

I imagine that deleting the db file will cure the problem as it will truly rebuild the dBase.

Question is I'm running slimserver on a QNAP, where is the DB file and how can I delete it?

Ta

Not sure if this helps, but i have had this a few times (usually after upgrading slimserver) and i have always fixed it by simply clearing my webbrowsers cache.

The database is in slimserver\server\cache - i just delete the whole 'cache' folder.
    Cheers, auto.

Lounge: Squeezebox 3, Squeezebox Controller, Cambridge Audio 640A, Mission 701's Kitchen: Squeezebox Touch, Trends TA-10.1, Kef Cresta 1's. Bedroom: Squeezebox Boom Bathroom/Garden: Squeezebox Radio Car: iPod Classic 80GB Portable: iPhone 3GS 32Gb (+iPeng)

Quote Originally Posted by staresy View Post
    Hi,
    I seem to have got my database screwed up somehow (wrong artworks for albums, duplicated artworks, a "No Album" icon etc...).

Clearing the database and re-scanning doesn't fix.

I imagine that deleting the db file will cure the problem as it will truly rebuild the dBase.

Question is I'm running slimserver on a QNAP, where is the DB file and how can I delete it?

Ta
    Did you clear the database using the script available from the Progressive downloads page ?

My understanding is that this actualy deletes the db file.

Andrew.